RETRO SHOES POPULARITY WILL DECLINE DRASTICALLY IN 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR FROM NOW.

Do you think the shoe game will be as strong in late 2014 and early 2015

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• OR DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE MORE POPULAR IN LATE 2014 & 2015 THEN IT IS NOW

• Total voters
Nike & Jordan are flooding the market with every popular retro they can think of and now that they have included the most popular Doernbechers. Resellers and collectors need to be prepared for a 50% drop in the shoe market as far as shoe values and reselling shoes in the next 6 months to a year from now.

i'm fine with retros ie the kemps, shaq's and upcoming paytons. i just hate the retro+ money grab and the hypebeast colorways on my favorite models like the griffey 1.

the retro craze will never die until these shoe companies start putting **** out there that will make people want to buy the new stuff.

not just the signature lines but as a whole design and performance wise.

retro popularity declining? yea right. we havent even seen retro lebrons or kobes yet

i doubt it. in fact retros will go up, if nike or the jordan brand stop produce the shoe. at the end of the day its up to the buyer amd how much hes willing to pay for something limited or nice

Like nike doesn't have 250 retros up their sleeve, ready to go, that would sell out instantly at whatever price they want to put on the box.

there is no doubt that sneakers have become more popular since about 2008 (sb craze),but it will go back to normal with real collectors at some point,but i never see nike as a whole becoming less popular.retros will always sell well whether its from resellers or nike directly.

Nope.

People have been saying this about Jordan retros for almost as long as I've been on NT.  And we see what happened with that.  

Personally, I blame social media.  Without IG, Twitter and FB, things would probably be like they were back in the early to mid 2000's.

Personally, I blame social media.  Without IG, Twitter and FB, things would probably be like they were back in the early to mid 2000's.
Yeah, same here.

I've have a bit of bad luck when it comes to getting the retroes I want, so I always laugh when people complain about a shoe coming out by saying "that just came out 3 years ago".  Personally, I wish retro Jordan's would come out more frequently and with higher quality, so I have a chance of copping multiple pairs for both collection and regular wear.  Put a dent in that re-seller market.

Last edited:
I dont see the retros dieing anytime soon, much less in 6 monhts.

Nike & JB have so many kicks they havent retrod. They can go on for a very long time.

Nikes have replaced baseball cards in regards to hobbies.

The bubble will burst at some point, but not in the next 6 months.

And, frankly, the market isn't that inflated for a lot of stuff. People always think they're collections are worth a ton, and then they try to sell them and realize it's a lot harder to get what you think you can.

Nope because people are making money off of limited releases. People don't buy shoes to wear anymore, they trade and sell them like cards. The only way the "bubble" will burst is if nike takes away anything limited and everything becomes chuck Taylor status

The bubble will burst at some point, but not in the next 6 months.

And, frankly, the market isn't that inflated for a lot of stuff. People always think they're collections are worth a ton, and then they try to sell them and realize it's a lot harder to get what you think you can.

this

Same thread every 6 months...some styles will do better than others...but, there will always be something old that is new again that consumers gravitate towards...

Tell me again how Jordan Retro's are going to stop selling too...it's about time for that thread to pop up again...for the 100th time in the last 5 years...

JM

I don't think it will ever happen. As soon as this current generation turns 18 and realize their priorities, a whole new generation of teenagers are going to pop up and get into the habit.

Naaaaaah.

Man these companies (not including JB) haven't even scratched the SURFACE of the **** they STILL have in the vaults.

Think about all the ill **** we want that hasn't seen the light of day.

Hell... think about the stuff that's been butchered that we'd snatch up on sight if it were done right *cough*DT MAX*cough*.

If what you're saying actually were to happen then the **** would REALLY hit the fan because MOST of this new **** is dead wack.

If nike stops making the hype shoes, the hype just turns into unobtainable legends

I am not saying retros will stop selling. I am saying the hypebeast will fade and they will be less popular. I don't think you will be able to sell a whole lot of 1 shoe like they did with the Jordan 11 breds. I know people who are selling shoes now because they want the next hot shoe so they need to sell the old ones so they can buy the new ones. Once they have been seen in a hot shoe a few times they are satisfied and then turn around and sell them.

The 50% decline means that with so much heat coming out at one time the hypebeast and resellers have to slow down and pick their lane instead of buying everything. Another example is the white foams, Phoenix foams and royal/grey foams because a lot of people purchased them because they thought it would be the gotta have it foamposite and now they are trying to sell them for retail or less. Also Nike played with the minds of the hypebeast when they released all those Penny's and now look at how many people are trying to sell those. Hypebeast wanted every Penny & foamposites that released just because Nike changed the culture with the galaxy and it paid off for Nike they made a lot of profit off shoes they did not think would sell out like they did. Most Penny's are worth exactly that right now pennies.

Back
Top Bottom