Review Request: Foamposite One

Just interested for people that have played ball in these...what's the performance like?

I've heard that it feels like you're going to roll your ankle at any time (kind of like the ultraflights).  Do they feel unstable?

Originally Posted by dumadiscount

Just interested for people that have played ball in these...what's the performance like?

I've heard that it feels like you're going to roll your ankle at any time (kind of like the ultraflights).  Do they feel unstable?
I definately would not agree to that statement. The ankle support on the shoes are great if you lace them up all the way (as they are meant to be). They are a little below a typical mid shoe but the foamposite material compensates for the stability. I actually ball a bit in my eggplants and they are awesome as well as indestructable. You can really feel the zoom like in xx3's and the heel to toe transition is super smooth. The only negative I have for the shoe is it's slightly heavy for guard oriented players but good if you're strong and they have by far the toughest break in period for a shoe ever. It took a week of usage for my pair to not hurt my feet lol, but the end result was awesome.

I was using the 03 retros for a while back in the day until the fell apart last year. I loved them. However, be weary, the carbon fiber plate cracks after extended use. They are heavy but they are comfy so I lived with it. But the best Posite shoes were the 3s and the Ultraposites. I would kill for a few pairs of Ultras right now.

They are comfy and durable, but they tend to be stiff while bending your foot. I shot around in mine and couldn't really get the feel of jumping down with them

Back
Top Bottom