Review Request: Jordan CP.III

i tried the black/white/orion blue cw on today and i wasn't too impressed. maybe my feet are pampered with fit sleeves and sock liners found in thehuarache 09, zoom bb2, zk4, and zk5 but there was a lot of room in my true size in the cp3.iii. from my instep to my toes, there was a lot of wiggle room eventhough i tied them tightly which may be good for those who have big feet but i didn't like it.
the lacing system seems pretty straight forward. the laces immediately reminded me of the powermax laces, the round rope-like laces. i just couldn't pullany tighter on them to lock my feet in.
they feel stiff so i'm assuming there has got to be some break in time to soften the upper a bit.
the outsole is herringbone on herringbone pretty much lol. the podulon system is located on the raised parts of the outsole (the yellow parts on theblack/white/orion blue cw).
the podulon feels alright, definitely doesn't feel like zoom but has some bounce to it.
i can see myself playing in these but definitely not at $118.

edit: here's a pic my friend helped me snap of the sticker inside the cp3.iii box. enjoy!

I tried the shoe out yesterday in footlocker and walked around in the store for about 3 minutes; carpet, floor, and nickle-platting area. Right of the bat younotice nothing special about the cushioning since there is no tech in the shoe.
Cushioning is basically phylon pillars strategically placed for impact protection. There is no AIR or ZOOM in these shoes.
Second the shoe seems light to mid-weight due to the synthetic leather upper. I thought the weight was pretty good and in line with the other CP3 shoes of thepast. I would say weight-wise it falls between the Blue Chip II and the Melo M6.
The most pleasing thing however is the traction. It offers the good ole' reliable herringbone pattern on both the general outsole area as well as theraised pillar sole area. On both the floor and nickle-platting areas of the footlocker store, I got the squeaking sounds on sharp stops and the toe kick(kicking toe forward and down to see how quickly the shoe stops on the floor surface). This was very pleasing and even better than the Hyperizes and LBJ7s Ialso tried that day. I could just tell these shoes would give you that rock solid sticky traction on the court, possibly even on dirty courts.

So when I went home I watched highlights of the Hornets-Jazz game and noticed Chris Paul during action. I typically look for moves where he makes multiplecuts/pivots/spins to see if there is any imbalance which could be an indicator of slipping, as well as his activity level, kinda a indicator of confidencewhich can come from great traction or lightweight footwear. I have to say Paul looked pretty good, but I would state these were only ESPN highlights and itwould be worth watching Paul in more games to see how he performs in his new shoe. I've been doing the same with Kobe, Derek Fisher, Odom, and ShannonBrown all wearing the Kobe V.

Overall I would say go and at least try on the CP3.III and focus on the traction since that has a huge impact as to how most people play. Then pay attention tothe cushioning, weight, and breathability to determine if the shoe is right for your game and body type. I think the CP3.III could be a nice shoe flying underthe radar of all the other sig shoes out there.

Very interesting. I kept reading about the "new podulon system" but sounds like it's nothing special? Very disappointed in what I've heard;CP# is one of my favorite players, would like to wear his kicks but if they're not up to par on the court...

Back
Top Bottom