Review Request: Lebron 7 P.S

take a look at this pics (Lebron rocking the Lebron 7 p.s)
http://i927.photobucket.c...9/junjdm235/c8cb9b2e.jpg

http://i927.photobucket.c...9/junjdm235/bd503f65.jpg

(got this pics from other forum)

<<jason petrie interview about the lebron 7 p.s

after watching this vid i'm pretty hyped of the 14 mm Zoom Air on heel and Top loaded zoom air  forefoot
eek.gif

for those of you who owns one, can you share your thoughts about the lebron 7 p.s? thanks

Originally Posted by chaose57

Top loaded zoom air....

Hoops shoes are usually pretty close to the ground at the forefoot, how could it be anything but "top loaded"?

I smell more marketing BS.

If top-loaded forefoot zoom is actually some new performance breakthrough, someone please correct me.

these joints released here in PI 2-3 weeks ago so my pair is now slightly beat. haha. the reason is they are so great on the court.  ps>air max.

pros - they are  less restrictive because of the cut of the shoe around the ankle area. the uneven cut around the ankle area makes you move quicker. the traction is also superb. didnt slip even playing in dusty court outdoors. i believe that this is the lightest shoe in the lbj line. no need to explain on how this factor can help your game. maybe he was jealous of kobe's shoes. haha. i cant break ankles btw beacuse im slow haha, but these kicks do the job by breaking opponent's necks.  haha. lockdown was above average but the kobe 5 still has the advantage. the responsiveness of the zoom was the thing that convinced me that ps>air max. we all know the advantages of zoom so no need to talk about them.

cons - prone to creasing. hmmm.. cant think of anything else.

i think that this is the best performing shoe in the lbj line. this was a cut above from my former favorite lebron shoe for ballin which was the soldier 3. hope this helps sir. i highly recommend purchasing these shoes. im now waiting for the pop to use casually.

Damn dude is rocking the 6 in practice already? I must of missed that. I'm realllllllly looking forward to these shoes.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Top loaded zoom air....

Hoops shoes are usually pretty close to the ground at the forefoot, how could it be anything but "top loaded"?

If top-loaded forefoot zoom is actually some new performance breakthrough, someone please correct me.
Just correcting you
smile.gif

Bottom loaded: zoom bag under midsole foam just over the outsole rubber.

Top loaded:  It's the usual zoom setup we have had for years, which is a zoom bag on top of the midsole foam
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by swingshot

Top loaded zoom air....

Just correcting you
smile.gif

Bottom loaded: zoom bag under midsole foam just over the outsole rubber.

Top loaded:  It's the usual zoom setup we have had for years, which is a zoom bag on top of the midsole foam
wink.gif
is the feel of the 7 PS as soft as the lunar foam?
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Damn dude is rocking the 6 in practice already? I must of missed that. I'm realllllllly looking forward to these shoes.

he's been wearing #6 all of this season, and maybe before that as well, during practice. i remember watching an interview, or reading an article about it.

Wore my pair of black/red PSes to the gym one day to workout in to help break them  before playing ball for the first time. They felt a little stiff at first in the sole, but not bad. Played ball in them yesterday and today and WOW - these are so much better then the AM VIIs. Shoes felt broken in within about 15 min of playing. Forefoot zoom is cushy and responsive without feeling mushy. Heel zoom feels like double stacked zoom - great impact protection without sacrificing stability or court feel. Traction is very good. Fit is way better than the AM VIIs. Breathability is good.

For the last 6 months I've been going through lots of shoes to find the ONE. I've been looking for shoes with reasonable weight and very good to excelllent traction, court feel, comfort, support, lock down, and impact protection/cushioning (my 37 yr old back and knees need extra TLC). I've tried playing in the following:
  • Lebron Vs - great shoes. Shoes are just a little to harsh/firm. Also, the I kept getting rubbed raw around my ankles by the overly firm high cut.
  • Lebron VIs - traction and lockdown were so-so and they felt a little too much like boots.
  • Zoom Soldier III - great shoes. Heel cushioning could be a bit better but I solved that with zoom insoles.Only real complaint was my pair is beat from playing in them off and on over the last year.
  • Kobe Vs - the cushioning is not substantial enough. I tried putting in zoom airsoles and it helps. Traction is also only okay for me. Unfortunately my pair is delaminating, so I'm returning them and moving onto to something else.
  • Jordan XIX SEs - were for just about everything. Cushioning is little too mushy and court feel could be better. Pretty close to perfection.
  • Jordan 2010 - allows a little front to back slippage and the tongue moves around way too much. Still a great shoe.
The PSes are officially better than all of those for me and are my new favorite hoop shoes. I remember reading Kaczalas saying that if you liked the Zoom Soldier III then you'd really like/love the PS. He is spot on. I really like the ZSIII but these are a step up or two from the ZSIII.

Now I can't wait for my POPs to arrive from ShoeTrends.
pimp.gif

I have my review posted up already, I guess the "top loaded" zoom makes you feel the cushion earlier and closer to your feet.  You definitely feel the huge zoom in the heel.  Landing is very comfortable with that huge heel zoom. 

Back
Top Bottom