Review Request: Nike Shox Elite

Please provide reviews of the Nike Shox Elite here. Discussion of this shoe should remain in this thread. You can use the sticky as a guide to format your review.

Don't forget to vote.

Heres my review from the locked Thread
I got the black Team Elite Shox in size 11, my normal size.

Sizing:
At first the shoe was very tight and a bit constrictive. To be honest it was quite uncomortable in the forefoot area. It felt pretty narrow. After about 45 minutes of shooting around thought the leather stretched enough so that the forefoot became more comfy. After breaking it in the shoe is true to size.
4.5/5

Fit:
As mentioned above the shoe started out small and narrow. After breaking it in it gave me a good snug fit and overall it just felt good after breaking them in.
4.5/5

Comfort:
I was discouraged at first with all the discomforts in breaking in the shoe, but after a pick up game the shoe fit perfectly.
The lacing on this shoe is kinda wierd. the hight hope goes only half way up the shoe. But i decided to try B1lly Hoyles (i think) 2k5 method and laced it through the spandex area by the ankle and it provided a great lockdown fit and superb comfort.
5/5

Ankle Support:
Using the 2k5 lacing method and the strap the ankle support seemed pretty stable. However the strap doesn't seem to have much of a use, its more of a gimmick. It provided minimal support.

4/5

Weight/Position

im a 6' 180 two-guard. I drive/slash, run the break, rebound, pop 3s, dunk, play ok D. I'm a pretty well-rounded player. and this shoe is definitly worth picking up if ur a "high flyer" (as the ad claims lol) These were the first pair of Shox i've bought since the VC1s and i am overall very impressed by the shoe.
Because of the painful break-in period,
I give this shoe a 4.5/5

Thanks for the review! I've been thinking about getting a pair because the have the same sole as the BB4 and Xplosive, two of my favourite basketball shoes, and since you've given them a good review, I'm going to have to pick up a pair for sure.

things i would like to know about the shoes i know it has the forefoot zoom so does it have the explosiveness for a slasher? is this the she for me? im a 1 or 2 guard who mostly drives for fouls and gets the offensive rebounds so is this a good shoe for me? or should i just go with the zoom elites?
i like all your guys' sigs..but to tell you the truth.mine tops the cake

^the forefoot cushioning is decent at best nothing spectacular; i'd give the forefoot cushioning a 7.5/10. Thats not to say it was bad, but its not as responsive as i'd like it. but from your description my game is pretty similar to yours and they've been pretty comfy, and they're my primary balling shoes.

^^
very helpful
thanks for the info
i like all your guys' sigs..but to tell you the truth.mine tops the cake

just bought them yesterday, open gym is tonight, they feel really comfortable, ill post my thoughts when i come home tonight.

PS the OT colorway is straightt
pimp.gif

the style of the shoe for my atleast, is awesome, for some reason idk why i love the way the shoe looks. good job Nike.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom