Revisiting the 2004 NBA Finals, Lakers Vs. Pistons What Happened?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
at people saying it was a fluke.

Only a fluke becasue of how dominant Kobe/Shaq's Lakers sqauds were.  I don't think it was a fluke.   Detroit was
smokin.gif
 for a good stretch of years.  6 straight ECF appearances is unbelievable even if they only have one title to show from it. 

I still think us losing to the Suns in 06 after leading the series 3-1 hurts more than losing to the Pistons in the Finals.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

I still think us losing to the Suns in 06 after leading the series 3-1 hurts more than losing to the Pistons in the Finals.

Lebron's Kobe's fault

-Kobe kept shooting fade away 3 pointers over Tayshaun
-Shaq was not playing any defense

-Slava and Devean George were the fowards
sick.gif

-Fisher was the only legit threat off the bench

-Billups was killing GP and neither shaq or slava had any idea how to help on pick n rolls

-Pistons were playing like their life depended on it

-Kobe did not train like other years during the off season due to the court case

I think the lakers could have still taken it with a healthy Malone despite all of that. I still hate the pistons and every player from that team even more than the 2008 celtics (except for sam cassell). I still remember Sam Cassell hitting 10 straight jumpers in game 1 of the 2008 finals on Farmar.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
@ dudes in here making excuses for the Lakers like they should have won it. That season's Pistons team (players, coaching staff, management) was one of the best ever assembled. Point blank. Even if Kobe and Shaq were best friends and Malone was 100%, the Pistons still take that series. Stop acting like it was a fluke and you should have won just because it's the Lakers. You got beat, and years later some of you still can't deal with it. 

pimp.gif
*daps*....the Pistonn just executed and played flawlessly...I consider it a 5 game sweep, cuz game 2 was also our game if it werent for that Kobe 3...

mad.gif
now lets not talk about the heartbreak I still face when I think about the 2005 finals against the Spurs.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

i'd have to disagree.   while 06 hurt, 04 hurt more because of what was at stake. 

had they beat phoenix in 06, they probably lose to dallas in the conference finals at best,   had they beat detroit in 04 they would've been world champs.

Wow. People are just saying +#+%, just to say it.

They stopped Shaq? Kobe didn't train hard that season?

This is why I don't do sports debates, nor post on this sub-forum. People don't have a clue as to what they are talking about and believe 100% that their ego's truth is the actual, factual truth.

Like ska posted with the stats, Shaq was destroying Ben Wallace. Go back and watch the games on YouTube if you "misremeber".

And Kobe had a career year that year. Wasn't that his record 40 point streak that year? But yet he stinks it up in the Finals and it's because he didn't "train hard"? Foh.

^That was 02-03 when Kobe had that record 40 point streak. During 03 in the off-season is when Kobe got caught up in the sexual assault case and was missing games due to court cases and etc. Kobe did not have a career year that year....he shot 43.8% from the field, which was the lowest since his second year in the league, so he did come into that season (03-04, which is when they lost against the Pistons) out of rhythm. Sounds like you mis-remembered.

^^^^^

the lakers lost to the pistons at the end of the 03-04 season

kobe did his 40+ thing the year before in 02-03

prove it to ya, heres all the seasons since then wit their champs.

03-04 pistons
04-05 spurs
05-06 heat
06-07 spurs
07-08 celtics
08-09 lakers
09-10 lakers
10-11 mavericks
11-12 ??

Ben Wallace happened he basically guarded shaq 1 on 1, which was UNHEARD of at that time and it seemed like he averaged dam near 20 rebounds.

Chauncey also kept us in the penalty for every quarter by drawing so many BS perimeter foul calls.

lol @ that edit @8pm at msg

yea wallace was guarding shaq one on one and got owned.

shaq shot 63 percent that series wit 26 and 10

kobe just shot too much

if shaq would have got more touches he could have easily averaged 35 that series

it wasnt ben wallace playin him one on one its just that larry brown doesnt like to double team

he did the same thing wit dikembe in 2001 against the lakers

Back
Top Bottom