Reviving grip

Joined Aug 2, 2006
How do you get back grip after wearing a pair of hoop shoes on the ashpault a few times? I heard about wiping them till there's no more dirt/wiping them with a cloth soaked in coke/juice. Any other suggestions? I hooped with my pennys a few times outside and wanna bust them on the hardwood again and not slip.

Joined Jun 14, 2006
use a couple light layers of moisturizing lotion after cleaning them up, they soften up the soles and make them bite more on the hardwood. I did this with my AM ultramatics with hardened and dry rubber.

Joined Jul 8, 2006
Quote:[hr][/hr]use a couple light layers of moisturizing lotion after cleaning them up, they soften up the soles and make them bite more on the hardwood.[hr][/hr]
the World's Fair ain't no fair if you workin' at the sideshow...​

Joined Jun 14, 2006
nah, it was ok, the ultramatics were left outside in the heat for a long time and the rubber was really dry and smooth, but they gripped just as well after applying some clean and cream. it's a temporary fix tho, i'm sure you'd need to keep applying a layer every now and then to get it back to normal. sauceking, i'd suggest having a pair of shoes just for the blacktop and outside wear, and a pair for indoor

Joined Apr 18, 2006
i used this sports cleaner gel from footlocker and cleaned teh bottom of the shoes well, worked well when i transitioned my shoes from outdoors to indoor courts

Joined Jun 14, 2006
nevr tried that moisturizing trick...good infro tangaroo, but like you said...i got a pair for the park and a pair for indoors, so i never run into that problem
TEAM NJ NETS
Kidd. Carter. Jefferson. Need we say more?​

Top Bottom