Reviving grip

How do you get back grip after wearing a pair of hoop shoes on the ashpault a few times? I heard about wiping them till there's no more dirt/wiping them with a cloth soaked in coke/juice. Any other suggestions? I hooped with my pennys a few times outside and wanna bust them on the hardwood again and not slip.

use a couple light layers of moisturizing lotion after cleaning them up, they soften up the soles and make them bite more on the hardwood. I did this with my AM ultramatics with hardened and dry rubber.

Quote:
use a couple light layers of moisturizing lotion after cleaning them up, they soften up the soles and make them bite more on the hardwood.
the World's Fair ain't no fair if you workin' at the sideshow...​

nah, it was ok, the ultramatics were left outside in the heat for a long time and the rubber was really dry and smooth, but they gripped just as well after applying some clean and cream. it's a temporary fix tho, i'm sure you'd need to keep applying a layer every now and then to get it back to normal. sauceking, i'd suggest having a pair of shoes just for the blacktop and outside wear, and a pair for indoor

i used this sports cleaner gel from footlocker and cleaned teh bottom of the shoes well, worked well when i transitioned my shoes from outdoors to indoor courts

nevr tried that moisturizing trick...good infro tangaroo, but like you said...i got a pair for the park and a pair for indoors, so i never run into that problem
TEAM NJ NETS
Kidd. Carter. Jefferson. Need we say more?​

Back
Top Bottom