Rhymefest blasts Cheif Keef & Interscope for promoting violent music

I agree with 'Fest & will add on to his argument. Almost all of these rappers & r&b singers out now are modern day step & fetch its. They play to the worst stereo types for blacks and they along with their audience are oblivious to it. I'm tired of seeing & hearing these clowns shucking & jiving. The music videos since the late 90s look so simular to those old racist films like Amos & Andy. Makes me sad to see the types of threads that dominate the music thread...

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by HARM

*%%+@ from one of the most violent hoods in america ..

+$$+ you expect him to rap about ?

this. I am aware these are two different subject matters entirely but this also confuses me when people say wiz only raps about weed. I mean does anyone really wanna wear economic troubles or world ills coming from Khalifa? cuz i don't
We ain't askin him to become Sean Hannity b, the point we are making is that don't go from the Show & Prove material to Rolling Papers and expect us not to call him a sellout. I love Wiz, I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile but no one messes with him there no more because he went chasin paper instead of stayin in his lane.

Im more confused on how Dr.Dre gave Cheif Keef a pub deal
laugh.gif

^ This, and who is Rhymefest to talk about what another kid went through, and how he was raised.
Don't tell anyone what type of music they should make, especially if they grew up broke. Stop it.

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Did he mention Kanye remixed one of his songs? Adding to his popularity 
eyes.gif

Doubt it, he must not want Ye mad at him

was going to post something like this

rhymefest wants to be famous flat out

Chief Keef didnt invent gangsta rap why wait till now to speak out?

Fest from the Chi why not speak on the surroundings that would influence a 16/17 yr old kid to make this kind of music. Try and help out in these neighborhoods (not saying he doesnt already I have no clue) dont shoot the messenger

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Fest from the Chi why not speak on the surroundings that would influence a 16/17 yr old kid to make this kind of music. Try and help out in these neighborhoods (not saying he doesnt already I have no clue) dont shoot the messenger

"cayate la boca"- jay-z

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

Originally Posted by CashBanks

"cayate la boca"- jay-z
"Let My Nuts Go"- Too Short      

The issue isn't whether or not Keef is telling the truth.

The issue is wondering what sort of impact this music is having on the reckless 14-year-olds of today's hoods. "Pistol to your face if you owe somethin" Great problem solving!

I came in here ready to hate but I feel what Rhymefest is saying. The Prison Industrial Complex is a very real thing and we as rap fans have to understand how we contribute to its cycle.

[h1]7-year-old girl named Heaven latest Chicago murder victim[/h1]
Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:30 p.m. EDT

By Andrew Stern

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Seven-year-old Heaven Sutton was selling cold drinks and candy at a street stand with her mother when she was shot to death, becoming the 253rd victim this year of Chicago's surging murder rate, police said on Thursday.

Sutton and her mother, Ashake Banks, were about to close up their stand on Wednesday night when two men approached and began shooting. Heaven was shot in the chest, and a 19-year-old man standing nearby was wounded in the leg, police said.

"This is not about crime. This is about values. Take your gang conflict away from a 7-year-old," Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel angrily told reporters.

"You have a 7-year-old selling lemonade," he said. "Where were you raised and who raised you? Stay away from the kids."

Emanuel pledged to make Chicago's streets safe when he became mayor last year.

Chicago Police Chief Garry McCarthy, who has sought to counter a 37 percent rise in murders so far this year, said police had strong leads in the case but no arrests had been made.

Most of the 253 murders so far this year in the nation's third-largest city have occurred in impoverished neighborhoods on the South and West Sides.

Frequent shootings in Heaven Sutton's West Side neighborhood had prompted her to plead with her mother to move.

"'Mom, let's move, I want to move, Mom, I'm so anxious'," Sutton had begged her mother, Banks said in an interview with local radio. Sutton was excited about an upcoming family vacation, and wanted them to move when they returned.

Banks urged the killer to turn himself in, saying of her daughter, "she didn't have to die because he was trying to kill somebody else."

The city this week gave a $1 million grant to an intervention group, CeaseFire, which hires former gang members as counselors who try to interrupt the cycles of revenge killings.

Analysts have said a number of factors may be at work, including high jobless rates, a splintering of street gangs fighting over turf and drug-dealing, and unusually warm weather that has drawn people outside and into the line of fire.

Federal law enforcement agencies are also active in the effort to combat the epidemic of street violence, said Thomas Ahearn, an agent in the Chicago office of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

"There's no way of knowing how many guns are in this area," Ahearn said, adding all seized guns are tracked back to their source and their last legal owner.

Straw purchases, in which someone buys guns legally then resells them to gang members, are a big problem, Ahearn said. The third-largest source of guns used in crimes in Chicago after Illinois and neighboring Indiana is Mississippi, where numerous Chicago gangs have contacts, he said.

(Editing by James Dalgleish)

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/jun/28/7-year-old-girl-named-heaven-latest-chicago-murder-victim/

...that's the +@!# I don't like.

#*##! is a 17 y/o kid who grew in a warzone ..

This lil #*##! is a pure product of his environment..

There is no way hes gonna rap about happy $##! or upliftment when hes never been uplifted ..

He's a young savage like alot of kids in the hoods of america.

instead of Attacking him .. should've attack the machine that exploits him , and other artist ..

He's looking at as his escape from his hood ( tho I'm sure he's gonna go back alot
30t6p3b.gif
)

this $##! is nothing new ..

The machine pushes this $##! and always has.

Now all of sudden its an issue .. nah they just gotten more agressive and blatant wit it

The prison system complex has always been relevant in the hood ..

Everyone knows someone who's doing or done a long bid

plus no one gives a rat %%+ about rhymefest so his words holds NO weight.

you'll never hear kanye or jay say $##! like that tho
30t6p3b.gif

They can't bite the hands that feed em

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

The issue is wondering what sort of impact this music is having on the reckless 14-year-olds of today's hoods. "Pistol to your face if you owe somethin" Great problem solving!

Bruh you act like Keef is rapping some new *@$+ ..
plenty of rappers talked that murk a +%@%% if you owe something *@$+ ..

FOH
laugh.gif

That *@$+ is something you learn in the streets EARLY 
laugh.gif

Mom/Pops: " If someone hits you .. YOU BETTER HIT THEY %+@ BACK!"

Mom/Pops: "You better not run from a fight!!"

Mom/Pops : "If some take something from you . you better !+@% em up and take it back!!"

and the kicker ..

Mom/Pops: " And if you don't .... IMA BEAT YOUR %+@ MYSELF!!"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I just don't get why he waits til Chief Keef to diss and not Ross (who he mentions in the article). I mean you would think it be easier to attack a grown men who is spitting a life he more than likely didn't live than it would to attack Chief.

In the immortal words of 2Pac:

"They say my ghetto instrumental, detrimental to kids. As if they can't see the misery in which they live"

Chief Keef wasn't inspired by rap to spit what he spits. He was inspired by 17 years of his surroundings.
It's cuz 'Fest is from the Chi and Chief is from the Chi. The way he worded what he said it's personal, it has to do with where they come from. He aint even stretch it to the general black ppl looking bad in the  media issue.

#*##! is a 17 y/o kid who grew in a warzone ..

This lil #*##! is a pure product of his environment..

There is no way hes gonna rap about happy $##! or upliftment when hes never been uplifted ..

He's a young savage like alot of kids in the hoods of america.

instead of Attacking him .. should've attack the machine that exploits him , and other artist ..

He's looking at as his escape from his hood ( tho I'm sure he's gonna go back alot
30t6p3b.gif
)

this $##! is nothing new ..

The machine pushes this $##! and always has.

Now all of sudden its an issue .. nah they just gotten more agressive and blatant wit it

The prison system complex has always been relevant in the hood ..

Everyone knows someone who's doing or done a long bid

plus no one gives a rat %%+ about rhymefest so his words holds NO weight.

you'll never hear kanye or jay say $##! like that tho
30t6p3b.gif

They can't bite the hands that feed em

You, like many others in this thread, apparently failed to read that very short article...

so which do you think is more influential, the music
or everything being rapped about happening right outside your front door?

It's sad how personal responsibility these days. Yes, this man grew up under horrible circumstances and its important to take that into account but it is Keef, and Keef alone, that lets that background define him. By allowing himself to be defined as a hood figga, he ultimately prevents himself from rising to become anything better. He's really just playing into the system's hands.

I'm not trying to justify anything but you are wrong if you think Keef didn't have a choice in the matter.

Originally Posted by Matt53

this. I am aware these are two different subject matters entirely but this also confuses me when people say wiz only raps about weed. I mean does anyone really wanna wear economic troubles or world ills coming from Khalifa? cuz i don't
We ain't askin him to become Sean Hannity b, the point we are making is that don't go from the Show & Prove material to Rolling Papers and expect us not to call him a sellout. I love Wiz, I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile but no one messes with him there no more because he went chasin paper instead of stayin in his lane.
Your comment makes no sense as a reply to mine.

laugh.gif

I meant that we don't need Wiz to discuss politics for us but just rappin about weed/ partying is the easy way to $. He was on his grind on Show and Prove and it showed. The majority of people who complain that Khalifa only raps about weed do so because they know he's put out better music in the past.

I meant that we don't need Wiz to discuss politics for us but just rappin about weed/ partying is the easy way to $. He was on his grind on Show and Prove and it showed. The majority of people who complain that Khalifa only raps about weed do so because they know he's put out better music in the past.
it still is not relevant to his comment 
laugh.gif

HARM wrote:

Wiz is a good example of this since he got brought up. He is from a bad neighborhood and felt early in his career he was "expected" to rap about the "hood life" (Ex. Welcome to Pistolvania) But then found his own sound and switched subject matter. So it's the artist choice. 

Back
Top Bottom