Richard Clarke on 9/11

I'm watching this now & my first thought is why are the interviewers dressed like frat house bloggers that just walked out of thier dorm room with whatever they had one...

The funny thing is the oil companies and defense contractors posted record profits and tons of politicians (including & most importantly bush) got re-elected. This "war on terror" happed for a reason, the same reason "the war on drugs" occurred.

Most of you guys are too young but crack was introduced by US government back Contra drug cartels. During the Reagan administration, the US government sold arms to the Iranians (which was a violation of our arms embargo) & used the money to fund Contras who were trying to over throw the communist government of Nicaragua. These contras then used some of this money to mass produce coke that they shipped directly to LA & NYC in the early 80's. Some of said the CIA helped them get it into the US. From there, crack was produced so they could sell it more easily & viola the crack explosion shot off from there.

And before this, there was the US government getting down & dirty in the heroine trade via Air Amercia during the Vietnam war. These wars are started by rich white men who want to line thier pockets and the pockets of thier fellow country club members.

The C.I.A. huh?    
indifferent.gif

Good video, but cmon you guys knew we did this right?

This can't be a surprise

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Yeah I saw this last night and it blew my mind.

The most interesting part ( at least to me) was Clarke's tone and facial expression when he was explaining how Tenet and Black got through two congressional hearings. He basically implied that they were untouchable, at least when it came to this matter. It's no surprise that there are powerful people in the government but to see that even Clark ( a high level government official) was surprised by it, shows just how corrupt and closed off from any boundaries some sectors are. 

I can't imagine all the back room deals & ideas made by the bush/cheney regime. They ran DC with complete autonomy.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

The C.I.A. huh?    
indifferent.gif

Good video, but cmon you guys knew we did this right?

This can't be a surprise

Did you watch the same video I watched..?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

The most interesting part ( at least to me) was Clarke's tone and facial expression when he was explaining how Tenet and Black got through two congressional hearings. He basically implied that they were untouchable, at least when it came to this matter. It's no surprise that there are powerful people in the government but to see that even Clark ( a high level government official) was surprised by it, shows just how corrupt and closed off from any boundaries some sectors are. 
Yes very telling.

I guess we have to trust Richard Clark though when he says that the CIA would attempt to infiltrate Al-Qaeda. That's the only thing that bothers me. I mean it's clear to us how amateur Al-Qaeda's operation was; why infiltrate when there is an alert that these guys are planning an attack, soon?

Yes very telling.

I guess we have to trust Richard Clark though when he says that the CIA would attempt to infiltrate Al-Qaeda. That's the only thing that bothers me. I mean it's clear to us how amateur Al-Qaeda's operation was; why infiltrate when there is an alert that these guys are planning an attack, soon?

If Al-Qaeda's operation was so amateur, why worry about any sort of attack they could carry out at the time? 
The fact is no one saw 9/11 coming. They may have known about an imminent attack but I highly doubt anyone imagined something of that scale happening.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Yes very telling.

If Al-Qaeda's operation was so amateur, why worry about any sort of attack they could carry out at the time? 
The fact is no one saw 9/11 coming. They may have known about an imminent attack but I highly doubt anyone imagined something of that scale happening.

You don't know what they imagined because I'm (only) guessing that you're not privy to that info.
What we do know is that the CIA was following some of the AQ operatives (eventual hijackers) before 9/11 and that the NSA was tapping their communications.

We also know that we've been getting BS for truth and no one has been held accountable for the failure that occurred on 9/11. 

You seem to be more interested in providing excuses (for those who don't nee them) then finding out the truth. 9/11 has been the reason for many significant policies since the event occurred. The least the citizenry is entitled to is the truth.

You don't know what they imagined because I'm (only) guessing that you're not privy to that info.
What we do know is that the CIA was following some of the AQ operatives (eventual hijackers) before 9/11 and that the NSA was tapping their communications.

We also know that we've been getting BS for truth and no one has been held accountable for the failure that occurred on 9/11. 

You seem to be more interested in providing excuses (for those who don't nee them) then finding out the truth. 9/11 has been the reason for many significant policies since the event occurred. The least the citizenry is entitled to is the truth.

You're right, however if we're going off the assumption that Mo made then the one I made does in fact make sense. 
I beg to differ on the accountability standpoint. Many people in Afghanistan and Iraq have been held accountable for our security failures. The American people have also been held accountable for these failures in many forms, including heightened security on planes since the attacks and nonsensical spending in these countries.

Administration wise? You're right. No one was held accountable, and it's likely no one will be. I'm not interested in providing excuses for anyone. I didn't say that the CIA was right to put their own interests above national security interests, in fact I think that should be punished. I just hate walking on this slippery slope between truth about who needs to be held accountable/security failures and "OMGZ THE U.S. GOVERBMNT AND ISRAEL AND THE JEWS AND ILLUMINATI CARRIED OUT 9/11!!!ONEONEONE P.S. ROTHCHILDS LOOSE CHANGE IN PLANE SITE YOUTUBE VIDEOZ."

Back
Top Bottom