Richest 1% Own More Than Half World's Wealth

no you not.

it pains you that the very people you leech off of for education will never accept you.

sorry bud.
Stop with the childish insults, kid. If you have something to say to me send me a PM.

I'm not leeching off anyone. 

I always thought that corporations dont pay the full tax rate, but why have their been so many inversions recently if they arent getting better tax rates abroad?

Yep. That's what Burger King did.

But for some corporations that carry heavy weight and lobby a ton...

They get certain loopholes. They claim that the taxes stifle their ability to create jobs.

Steezy always been a complainer when it comes to these issues.

He rides hard for the 1% but they do nothing for him.
His aggression is aimed at poor people.

I remember you in that thread steezy.
Remember you all too well.

Bro, rich people shaft me, poor people on government cheese shaft me as well, how I find myself paying 15k to attempt to have a child and Obama outchea just giving away 3k credit for child care of people who will take that money and put rims on they whip or take a trip to DR and get their boobs done...

Just isn't fair for the working class out here. :rofl:

PS I hate you.

Like Dawg, replenish the government grants for working middle class couples with fertility issues, instead that gets taken away and we continue to encourage these birds out here to get pregnant knowing they can just get on all sorts of welfare and Medical insurance because of her kids....FOHHHHH :lol:

Tax the 1% more is a good idea? :lol:
Am I reading this right?

So people should be punished for working harder, saving more, investing more wisely, sacrificing instant gratification to reap the benefits of delayed gratificiation, when others do the opposite?
Well, ok. Makes cents.

Might as well make education free, or close to free as possible. Better yet, let's pay people to go to school and charge others a premium, because they can afford it. :smh:

Oh wait..
im all for working hard but i dont think you understand the 1%

you don't simply work hard to get in that bracket.

you have generations of wealth accumulated to get into that

Stop with the childish insults, kid. If you have something to say to me send me a PM.

I'm not leeching off anyone. 

You gamed the system for free education.

This is no insult... This is the truth.

There are quite a few new bloods in that list though...

However, I agree that its not hard work...

Its hard work combined with an INSURMOUNTABLE amount of luck involved...

For the newbies.

The 1 percenters in the US have more money than the entire US combined.

Word to Johnson & Johnson.

America, the land where people are never given a fair shot.

Oh, wait... People get free money and education?

Am I reading this right?

So people should be punished for working harder, saving more, investing more wisely, sacrificing instant gratification to reap the benefits of delayed gratificiation, when others do the opposite?
Well, ok. Makes cents.

Might as well make education free, or close to free as possible. Better yet, let's pay people to go to school and charge others a premium, because they can afford it. :smh:

Oh wait..

Exactly. You're comparing hundreds of years of investments and proper money-management, to somebody coming out and saying "Hey, I want what they have, because I want it."

It doesn't work like that.

Certain people are born within those families. Did they ask to get birthed by billionaire parents? I don't think so.

i agree with you fam.

at the end of the day someone deep down that bloodline decided to work hard and hustle which hundreds of years later made the family into the 1%.

Am I reading this right?

Well, ok. Makes cents.

Oh wait..

because collective force is ok if it benefits one group. word to the nazis

You sound naive. Most of the 1% did not accumulate their wealth cleanly. A lot of them have blood on their hands from previous generations. Only recently did most of them do a PR stunt to give themselves a clean image

You're comparing the mass-murder of 11 million people, to individuals minding their own business and accumulating wealth?

I know the salt can't run THAT deep on here, fam.

Last edited:
You're comparing the mass-murder of 11 million people, to individuals minding their own business and accumulating wealth?

I know the salt can't run THAT deep on here, fam.

Minding their own business? :lol: You need to read up on history good brother. Most of the wealthy families out here got their wealth of shady business practices. I would say look at why anti trust laws were created but hell, you can look at the real estate fiasco and sub prime mortgage situation from a few years ago and look at how that's anything BUT minding their own business.

These billionaires bank off the "I can do it too!!!!" American Dream mindset to bank off of your actual hard work.

Read up on Firestone, DeBeers and the countless 1 percent families
And you have people killing other innocent civilians for $20 Made in China sneakers, asking for a cut from people's checks which they don't deserve.

I'm not sure what your point with any of this is. Are we comparing criminal and illegal activity now?
I can pull up some statistics if that's where this thread is being derailed to.

The dude is comparing a 1%er, with the Nazis. :smh:
You can't be serious right now.

But for real, I've never been poor, but I sure as hell have never been rich. I kind of feel that if you're part of the 1% you deserve to be there. Obviously people are born into it making their life easier than mine but regardless, someone in their family had to hustle for it. With that being said, we making up the majority should also make it so they don't get so many damn tax cuts. But we're to busy caring about superficial things rather than being involved with politics and the community :smh:

Everything in Europe is freaking cheap right now with the EURO SO LOW + ALL THE STORE ARE HAVING SALES.

some context from a BBC article I read covering the same report:

The BBC's head of statistics, Anthony Reuben, said in order to be part of the wealthiest 1% of the world's population, an individual would need to be worth just over half a million pounds.

"So it is not necessarily talking about people who own yachts and ski chalets. Owning an average house in London (without a mortgage) would just about put you in the 1%. "

He also noted that Oxfam had chosen to use figures which showed the disparity between the 1% and the rest of the world in the worst light.

"From 2000 until 2009, the proportion of wealth held by the wealthiest 1% fell every year. From 2010 until 2014 it rose every year. Oxfam has taken the figures since 2010 and used them to extrapolate what will happen in the coming years. Clearly, that is the methodology that will make inequality look the most severe," he added.

It is kind of manipulative:

View media item 1362936

Last edited:
What troubles me is that majority of us know what the problems are and yet can't figure out sure fire ways to begin fixing them.

Signing my freedom away for 6 years to be told what to do, where to live, when to deploy, etc, isn't gaming anything, and it damn sure isn't 'free.'

being told what to do? :lol:

like everyone else does?

and you didnt deploy, famb... You went into the service not to serve the country, but to get free school. Prolly signed up for the LEAST likely group to deploy. your intentions were wack...

carry on, bruh.

I'm ok with this, but what the hell is "wealthy?" According to current tax brackets, in 5 years I'll be getting close to half taken away :smh: I'm Middle class b.

I think that's the thing that we have to establish..

with inflation, maybe the "wealthy" area needs to revisitied.

Yep. That's what Burger King did.

But for some corporations that carry heavy weight and lobby a ton...

They get certain loopholes. They claim that the taxes stifle their ability to create jobs.
Inversions have been popular among pharmaceutical/biotech companies too, and that is one of the top industries in terms of lobbying dollars.  The new rules created by the treasury dept were aimed specifically at a fairly large attempted pharma inversion.  There are definitely tax benefits that these companies are getting overseas, their actions prove that.  Maybe im oversimplifying things, but i dont get why the us doesnt just lower corporate tax rates across the board and encourage foreign business to come to the US, not vice versa.  Seems to me that the volume of businesses that would want to come here would make up for the lost revenue from a lower tax rate.

Back
Top Bottom