[[ Rick Ross - Super High - Today 3:30 Est. ]]

Originally Posted by awwsome

This _ Ross, so @@$@*%$ consistent 
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

this ___ remind me of BIG so much for some reason. Fireeeee...

Have you heard the "Window Seat" freestyle?

BIG all over it
Yup.

He's finishing what BIG started with Life After Death...

Ross has single handly resurrected "Mafioso" rap...

This is prolly the closest we'll EVER get to seeing what direction BIGs music was to take...

He may not be BIGger than Biggie...

But he's BIGGER than YOU...

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

the only thing about ross' music is that its just for now... i think we all know that tho...
QFT!

and the only thing keeping him afloat is his flow and production...........but you wont have longevity if you limit yourself to rapping about fine cuisine, designer brands, top models, and vacations all damn day!

anywayz.....this beat is Super Tight, but Ross' lyrics were Super Wack....i think we all know that tho...

Ok I Understand. But Who Makes Music that Just isn't FOR Now! Let Me Know? Out Of the mainstream!

Yea that's the dumbest argument to knock Rawse i've heard. He makes music for now? Nobody making 90's music anymore.
laugh.gif
Even Wu Tang passed making 90's music. Listen to Blueprint 3 and its a "NOW" album. Rawse keeps making solid music and he's gonna have a place in this game. Ask TI. TI still making music from 2000 just remixed.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I thought a Def Jam employee said that Rawse wasn't gonna drop this year or he didn't have a release date yet? If he got a single dropping doesn't that mean he's on his way? Atleast by Fall?

I said I wasn't sure at the time when he would drop. He's on schedule for June as of right now. But yeah, at the time it was TBA.

Jeezy , 'Ye and The Roots (don't hold your breath on this one though) scheduled for June as well. Going to be a packed month. Jeezy's street single is out/out soon I believe.

Also apologies to whoever said they didn't get a response. I can't keep up with #%^@ when Yuku deletes posts all the time lol

Aight gotcha. And Yuku is some doo doo. I could've sworn I made some posts in some threads and now they're gone. Honestly though I don't think we see any of those albums in June. I can see the Roots though because I don't see Def Jam really marketing that album well. Actually I didn't even know they were still with DJ. But I bet it takes a little longer to see a Jeezy and 'Ye album. 

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont wanna change topics but just to defend my point I think what Ross brings to the rap game >>>>> what kid cudi brings to the 'music' game. I appreciate Rick Ross' music alot more than Cudi's half-singin/half-whining about the same thing in every song and masquerading his music as something special and different %+#$ outta here. cudi transcending generations - wow you need to listen to way more music

ross randomly raps about food, $@#@!%!, drugs, and cars in EVERY verse... he dont really bring !@!#... i dunno what u hearin but its all his beats and hooks... how many memorable ross lines u heard? nobody said cudi himself is gonna be here forever but his album is timeless music... u wont be able to lsten to teflon don in 5 years... it has no meaning... as long as u can actually get something out of music (besides entertainment) it will last... its cool that u dont like cudi but be serious here... my world > miami rap... period

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont wanna change topics but just to defend my point I think what Ross brings to the rap game >>>>> what kid cudi brings to the 'music' game. I appreciate Rick Ross' music alot more than Cudi's half-singin/half-whining about the same thing in every song and masquerading his music as something special and different %+#$ outta here. cudi transcending generations - wow you need to listen to way more music

ross randomly raps about food, $@#@!%!, drugs, and cars in EVERY verse... he dont really bring !@!#... i dunno what u hearin but its all his beats and hooks... how many memorable ross lines u heard? nobody said cudi himself is gonna be here forever but his album is timeless music... u wont be able to lsten to teflon don in 5 years... it has no meaning... as long as u can actually get something out of music (besides entertainment) it will last... its cool that u dont like cudi but be serious here... my world > miami rap... period
1. What memorable lines has Cudi spit?
2. What about his music is so timeless? What parts of the album were timeless? Please, be specific.
3. How are you going to predict what kind of album Teflon Don will be??? Who estimated The Carter 1 would be an arguable classic? Who knew Blueprint was going to be a classic? Who knew Reasonable Doubt would be a classic? We're just on the FIRST single.

Not sticking up for Ross, but trying to understand the Cudi stuff ...

the carter 1 aint a classic
laugh.gif

to make a classic u have to have some sort of lyrical ability or somethin...

cudi's music isnt about lines... its about the message...

if u dont listen to cudi u wont get it...

Cudi has music that's relevant to real people's lives. People are always going to feel like that/go through those emotions. There are more people who feel what Cudi is saying as something that changed their lives by letting them know they're not alone in it. He's more of a regular person than Ross who everybody knows isn't the guy in his raps...but we give him a pass because he makes some dope music.

I like Ross' music...A LOT. But like time said, there's nothing to take from it. You listen and move on. I love Deeper Than Rap but it's nothing I think about while not listening to it.

Just randomly, I think..."I was heavy, heavy, heavy on my girzzle and none of yall had a clue about me" or "At the end of the day, day my Mama told me don't let no one break me. (or "you can't regret it if you were trying")"

Day N Nite will be around longer than any Ross song. Hell, it's lifespan really already outlived anything Ross has done.

It's just $#%% that people go through who aren't obsessed with being "cool" and "tough." Regular guy stuff.

Ross $#%% is ridiculous even by rap standards, really. It just sounds really good.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Cudi has music that's relevant to real people's lives. People are always going to feel like that/go through those emotions. There are more people who feel what Cudi is saying as something that changed their lives by letting them know they're not alone in it. He's more of a regular person than Ross who everybody knows isn't the guy in his raps...but we give him a pass because he makes some dope music.

I like Ross' music...A LOT. But like time said, there's nothing to take from it. You listen and move on. I love Deeper Than Rap but it's nothing I think about while not listening to it.

Just randomly, I think..."I was heavy, heavy, heavy on my girzzle and none of yall had a clue about me" or "At the end of the day, day my Mama told me don't let no one break me. (or "you can't regret it if you were trying")"

Day N Nite will be around longer than any Ross song. Hell, it's lifespan really already outlived anything Ross has done.

It's just $#%% that people go through who aren't obsessed with being "cool" and "tough." Regular guy stuff.

Ross $#%% is ridiculous even by rap standards, really. It just sounds really good.
The hell? Day N Nite will never be played again after this year.
laugh.gif
: I'm siding with frozn on this one. Ya'll making Cudi out to be the Beatles or some $!%. Day N Nite will be around longer than any Rawse song? I'm not saying Rawse makes timeless music but I don't think either artist does. They both music for the now. Cudi's makes music for regular guys. For the average joe. But that doesn't make him timeless.

I agree with you about Rawse's music. You listen to it and move on. But that's exactly what I did with Man On the Moon. I listened to it. Moved on. Occasionally i'll listen to a couple of tracks from it like Higher, Soundtrack To My Life and a few others but nothing about his music is timeless. But i'll occasionally listen to a Rawse track as well.

Fact is, in 2010 everyone is making NOW music. Most of this music will be played in 2010 and not longer afterwards.

Day N Nite has been out since 2007. Hit iTunes in Feb. 5th 2008 and the album came out Sept. 2009 and it won't be played after 2010 according to you.

Day N Nite has been out since 2007. Hit iTunes in Feb. 5th 2008 and the album came out Sept. 2009 and it won't be played after 2010 according to you.
Stop it. You know that Day N Nite became a hit in 2009. 
laugh.gif
 It was nothing more than a mixtape track in 2008 and didn't get onto the charts until 2009.

thats the song that got him noticed... and like i said before my world > ross period... dude makes REAL music... aint +!$! real about ross' music... it just sounds good... being able to relate >>>>>>

Day N Nite is ONE song...

Ross has 3 albums that have ALL outsold Man On The Moon...

This notion of Day N Nite being around for years and years, who knows, what we do know is Ross is on album #4 with NO signs of slowing down...

His music is gettin better and better...

Who's to say Kid Cudi ever tops or even matches the success of Day N Nite EVER again??

Ross' brand of music is gonna become the standard for rappers over 30...

Its street music, but it has the melodies of the old soul records our parents used to rock to...

Day N Nite is a high schoolers stoner anthem...

I'm not even debating on who's better. I really like Ross actually.

All I'm saying is his music doesn't mean anything and it won't mean anything to anybody in the future.

It's good right now though. Cudi's album means more to more people than any Rick Ross album. You can keep the accolades, I would want that. Guess it just depends on what you're chasing though. I just doubt you'll find people willing to go to bat for Trilla or some ***$. People hold MOTM in high esteem and they'll fight for it because it means something to them. And when you're debating if it's timeless or not, that matters.

Deeper Than Rap >>>>>>> MOTM

Which one of you is the fortune teller that knows for a fact Cudi's music will live on further than Ross'??

I forsee Deeper Than Rap aging VERY well... Teflon Don will more than likely be on a simular level, if not better...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Deeper Than Rap >>>>>>> MOTM

Which one of you is the fortune teller that knows for a fact Cudi's music will live on further than Ross'??

I forsee Deeper Than Rap aging VERY well... Teflon Don will more than likely be on a simular level, if not better...

laugh.gif
u are a fool... u prolly think the same about maino's album huh?

its one thing if u enjoy street !*$% but c'mon son deeper than rap isnt better than MOTM in any aspect cept beats...

its some cool !*$% to play in the whip... thats about it...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

this ___ remind me of BIG so much for some reason. Fireeeee...

Have you heard the "Window Seat" freestyle?

BIG all over it
Yup.

He's finishing what BIG started with Life After Death...

Ross has single handly resurrected "Mafioso" rap...

This is prolly the closest we'll EVER get to seeing what direction BIGs music was to take...

He may not be BIGger than Biggie...

But he's BIGGER than YOU...

Co-signing this...

But I also believe Ricky has potential to BE JUST AS BIG AS Christopher Wallace...

the carter 1 aint a classic
laugh.gif

to make a classic u have to have some sort of lyrical ability or somethin...

cudi's music isnt about lines... its about the message...

if u dont listen to cudi u wont get it...

Co-signing this... (The bolded text).

I'm not even debating on who's better. I really like Ross actually.

All I'm saying is his music doesn't mean anything and it won't mean anything to anybody in the future.

It's good right now though. Cudi's album means more to more people
than any Rick Ross album. You can keep the accolades, I would want that. Guess it just depends on what you're chasing though. I just doubt you'll find people willing to go to bat for Trilla or some ***$. People hold MOTM in high esteem and they'll fight for it because it means something to them. And when you're debating if it's timeless or not, that matters.
Let's change rappers for a quick sec..

So your saying Man On The Moon >>>> Only Built For Cuban Linx (Pt.1 or 2)?

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom