Ricky Rubio Very Overrated! vol. Darko pt. 2

482
10
Joined Dec 4, 2003
So I remember during the Olympics that Ricky Rubio was getting mad hype, then I seen him play and he looked mad average. Like a good high school playerbasically. I recently heard on ESPN radio that he will be a Top 5 pick in the 09 Draft? Am I missing something? I remember�around draft time Darko was gettingmad hype,�and they showed his highlight tape and it was all layups




 
9,918
12
Joined Feb 26, 2009
Ehh whatever. He played pretty well during the Olympics. Besides, you watching like one or two games isn't really enough to claim he's on his way tobeing Darko 2.0. He's gotten good numbers and accolades in the several years he's played in the Spanish league. He was selected to the Olympic teambecause he's obviously capable. They ain't slouches out there, but you go on with your bad self.
 
2,936
13
Joined May 14, 2005
keep it 100, you havent seen enough of him to even have a valid opinion of if he's overrated or not...none of us have. But your comparison is


The boy was 17 putting in work against the best players in the world tho. Think about that. Basically a high school player going up against ChrisPaul/D-Will/Kidd. You think Brandon Jennings (or any HS senior PG at the time) wouldve flourished in that position?

That aint Darko going head up against 6'2 trainers or Yi showing his post up moves against chairs (
) and the scouts being wowed by it...
and they showed his highlight tape and it was all layups





A highlight tape from a PG that only shows assists and him blowing past people? Definitely a great way to determine whether a PG will be a bust or not...
 
10,285
2,704
Joined Sep 29, 2008
He's playing against the best of the NBA, What do you expect?


I'll wait till he finished his rookie year before i comment..
 
9,015
1,168
Joined Feb 13, 2001
I'm sold on him....I wouldn't mind if the Kings draft him. It looks like all he need is a consistent, dependable, J.....
 
1,077
117
Joined Mar 26, 2006
Yeah, he's horrible.
C'mon, he was the starting PG for the silver medal Spain squad. Just because he doesn't overwhelm people with hisathleticism doesn't mean he's going to be a bust.
 
21,154
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
So he's a bust because he lays the ball in....


Looking like a HS Player? How about he IS a 17 year old high school player....who happened to be playing against the best in the WORLD at the olympics.

@ people calling him a bust w. little to no basis for their argument....
 
18,640
3,953
Joined May 30, 2006
A 17 year old more than holding his own in the Olympics against some of the best collections of talent the world has to offer = Bust...

Yep.
 
21,154
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

My thing is, when he gets in the NBA, he'll be average. Against the US Under 17 team I heard they had his $+% on lock. I'd never gamble on a Euro pick. EVER.
How the hell do you know he'll be average? And one game against the U17 team is where you are basing your argument? Never gambling on a Europick? why?
 
6,376
432
Joined Nov 9, 2007
How the hell can you call someone a bust before he's even drafted?


Are you going to go ahead and give your NBA team a draft grade based off of who theyre projected to pick too??
 
482
10
Joined Dec 4, 2003
I would rather take the risk on Brandon Jennings...dudes game reminds me of Starbury

����
 
21,154
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

I would rather take the risk on Brandon Jennings...dudes game reminds me of Starbury

����
Of all the PG's to compare him to, you pick Marbury....
 
482
10
Joined Dec 4, 2003
DoubleJs07 wrote: [hr][/hr]
Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

I would rather take the risk on Brandon Jennings...dudes game reminds me of Starbury

����
Of all the PG's to compare him to, you pick Marbury....




I know Starbury is the joke of the league...but dude�had potential to be best pg in the league, he just never put it all together

��
 
482
10
Joined Dec 4, 2003
Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

I'd never gamble on a Euro pick. EVER.

I'm not gonna downplay all Euro players...

Drazen
Dirk
Tony Parker
Scolla
Peja

all were/are impact players in the league
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now