Ricky Rubio Very Overrated! vol. Darko pt. 2

dudes too unathletic....

HAS NO LIFT ON HIS SHOT!!!

in the nba, you either gotta be big and/or athletic. sure, dude is smart with the ball is and is skilled, but he's not going to be anything special withoutathleticism.

i want him to do well, but i just don't see it happening.

HE AVERAGED 4 %@*%%!$ POINTS A GAME IN THE OLYS!!!!!!!
He was the 3rd PG on the roster if Im not mistaken. Not b/c of talent, b/c of experience. He got that time in the finals b/c of injury. And theOly's aint the place to judge somebody off of stats b...

Against the US Under 17 team I heard they had his $+% on lock
and B Jennings aint do a gotdamn thing overseas. Yall putting horrible reasons/arguements. Both players' games seems like they'lltranslate better to the NBA game, especially with how the NBA rules are now where its set up for a PG w/ driving abilites to dominate. PG's live in thelane now, if you can make the appropiate pass and finish when needed, youre gonna be a success point guard in the NBA nowdays.

The comparison to Darko was a fail. Two different situations.

w02i38.jpg

why can't we just wait until he gets drafted and see him play out his rookie season before saying that he is a bust or he is this and that

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

My thing is, when he gets in the NBA, he'll be average. Against the US Under 17 team I heard they had his $+% on lock. I'd never gamble on a Euro pick. EVER.
How the hell do you know he'll be average? And one game against the U17 team is where you are basing your argument? Never gambling on a Euro pick? why?
HE AVERAGED 4 %@*%%!$ POINTS A GAME IN THE OLYS!!!!!!! That's how I know
laugh.gif
. Idk, people look at his age and
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I think dude should stay in Europe for a couple more years than come to the big leagues. I would never draft a Euro pick because basically... I don't wanna take that big of a risk. I'd acquire one from free agency or trade after they've been playing and have devoloped into a
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
player. Some Euro players just aren't physical enough for my liking
smh.gif
And even if he did average 4 points per game in the olympics, that's still more than Boozer, Redd, and Kidd.....good reasoning
eyes.gif
I can use your moronic logic also.

I'm actually one of the few knicks fans that is still not sold on him
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

still not convinced he would be a good pick if he's around for the knicks

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I'm actually one of the few knicks fans that is still not sold on him
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

still not convinced he would be a good pick if he's around for the knicks

to be good - you play it safe
but to be a force in the league - gotta take some chances

Originally Posted by Goldmember

He's playing against the best of the NBA, What do you expect?

I'll wait till he finished his rookie year before i comment..

Agreed. That is a weak hilight mix tho
roll.gif

A PG does not have to be a freak athlete. how many times do we have to see things to realize it?

his size, build and athletic ability is fine.

I think he may end up a knick one way or another.

I really have nothing to say about his game, I haven't seen nearly enough to even try forming an opinion.

Obviously you don't need to have seen a lot of film to judge him.

I think he'll be somewhere between Mike Jordan and Randy Brown.

Mad heads talking reckless once again. DO SOME RESEARCH before you go talking wildly. Ricky Rubio is no workout wonder or some dude playing in a bad leagueoverseas who came out of nowhere. Scouts been about him for a minute...he holds his own against the best comp outside the NBA. And in the Olympics, playingagainst basically the best of the best in the NBA, he was straight. What else you want from a teenager?

Europeans are mad inconsistent....Darko is the biggest letdown...then again it also about who else was in that draft!

Darko was in the wrong system. Dude had to play behind Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace and on top of that, he was coached by Larry Brown. That guy is a verywell known to not like rookies. Did you honestly think that he was going to get playing time?

laugh.gif
at people not liking him because he lays the ball in. Dude can dunk,check more highlights if you don't believe me. Dunking is more for the fans than anything else. It's 2 points regardless. He's saving his knees,ankles, and back long term by not doing it. Like as much as I love watching Lebron dunk on the breaks. He will more than likely have knee replacement surgerywhen hes 50 because of him jumping so high so much at a high weight.

laugh.gif
at people taking Jennings over him. Listen Jennings is an athleticfreak, and I could care less how good his Assist numbers are. Dude is not a DECISION-MAKING PG. He's flashy with lots of TOs. His jumper is as flawed asRubio's. Rubio doesn't get off the ground enough IMO. But having a fading jumper, like the one Jennings has, is even WORST. And if he remindssomeone of starbury. Than please keep him away from my Knicks at all costs. Last thing I want is another selfish shoot-first PG who thinks he's going toavg 10 dimes and 10 assists per game. Like how is that even possible?
roll.gif
Plus Rubio has better stats than Jennings at this point overseas and he's younger than Jennings. Or are they the same age. Don't remember anddon't have the time to check

laugh.gif
at people comparing him to Darko. Here's the problem. Back in02-05 when people were in love with internationals. The scouting was weak overseas. The scouts now know what to look for. I bet if you look atinternationals who have been drafted from 06 on, the % of busts is or will be equal to that of your typical American player.

All in all I want him on the Knicks. He's the perfect fit. I see him as an improved Jose Chalderon. Which is great for a PG IMO. And sorry butChalderon > Starbury if you want to consider someone who runs your team. I really just hate selfish PGs.

Umm.. no.

Darko had practically zero playing time! This kid has been a professional with lots of playing time for years!
This kid has basketball iq for days. Darko never had a real good feel for the game.

comparing him to Darko or europeans who have failed is a joke.

Why not do that with every American HS phenom? Is anyone on here gona call John Wall the next Kwame Brown?

It's funny how people talk reckless about not wanting to risk a lottery pick on a Euro player. People swear that drafting someone from the U.S. is a surething. Busts are going to happen in every draft, whether it's a European or an American.

With that said, I think Rubio will flourish in the right system, he just seems to have a high basketball IQ not seen in most players his age.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So he's a bust because he lays the ball in....
smh.gif

Looking like a HS Player? How about he IS a 17 year old high school player....who happened to be playing against the best in the WORLD at the olympics.

smh.gif
@ people calling him a bust w. little to no basis for their argument....

Back
Top Bottom