Ricky Rubio Very Overrated! vol. Darko pt. 2

So I remember during the Olympics that Ricky Rubio was getting mad hype, then I seen him play and he looked mad average. Like a good high school playerbasically. I recently heard on ESPN radio that he will be a Top 5 pick in the 09 Draft? Am I missing something? I remember�around draft time Darko was gettingmad hype,�and they showed his highlight tape and it was all layups
roll.gif

Ehh whatever. He played pretty well during the Olympics. Besides, you watching like one or two games isn't really enough to claim he's on his way tobeing Darko 2.0. He's gotten good numbers and accolades in the several years he's played in the Spanish league. He was selected to the Olympic teambecause he's obviously capable. They ain't slouches out there, but you go on with your bad self.

keep it 100, you havent seen enough of him to even have a valid opinion of if he's overrated or not...none of us have. But your comparison is
indifferent.gif

The boy was 17 putting in work against the best players in the world tho. Think about that. Basically a high school player going up against ChrisPaul/D-Will/Kidd. You think Brandon Jennings (or any HS senior PG at the time) wouldve flourished in that position?

That aint Darko going head up against 6'2 trainers or Yi showing his post up moves against chairs (
laugh.gif
smh.gif
) and the scouts being wowed by it...
and they showed his highlight tape and it was all layups
roll.gif

A highlight tape from a PG that only shows assists and him blowing past people? Definitely a great way to determine whether a PG will be a bust or not...

He's playing against the best of the NBA, What do you expect?

I'll wait till he finished his rookie year before i comment..

I'm sold on him....I wouldn't mind if the Kings draft him. It looks like all he need is a consistent, dependable, J.....

Yeah, he's horrible.
eyes.gif
C'mon, he was the starting PG for the silver medal Spain squad. Just because he doesn't overwhelm people with hisathleticism doesn't mean he's going to be a bust.

So he's a bust because he lays the ball in....
smh.gif

Looking like a HS Player? How about he IS a 17 year old high school player....who happened to be playing against the best in the WORLD at the olympics.

smh.gif
@ people calling him a bust w. little to no basis for their argument....

laugh.gif
A 17 year old more than holding his own in the Olympics against some of the best collections of talent the world has to offer = Bust...

laugh.gif
Yep.

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

My thing is, when he gets in the NBA, he'll be average. Against the US Under 17 team I heard they had his $+% on lock. I'd never gamble on a Euro pick. EVER.
How the hell do you know he'll be average? And one game against the U17 team is where you are basing your argument? Never gambling on a Europick? why?

How the hell can you call someone a bust before he's even drafted?

Are you going to go ahead and give your NBA team a draft grade based off of who theyre projected to pick too??

I would rather take the risk on Brandon Jennings...dudes game reminds me of Starbury

����

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

I would rather take the risk on Brandon Jennings...dudes game reminds me of Starbury

����
Of all the PG's to compare him to, you pick Marbury....
laugh.gif

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

����
Of all the PG's to compare him to, you pick Marbury....
laugh.gif

I know Starbury is the joke of the league...but dude�had potential to be best pg in the league, he just never put it all together
eyes.gif

��

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

I'd never gamble on a Euro pick. EVER.

I'm not gonna downplay all Euro players...

Drazen
Dirk
Tony Parker
Scolla
Peja

all were/are impact players in the league

Back
Top Bottom