RIP Chester Bennington from Linkin Park....

Not my kind of music but of course they were in the stratosphere of music.

Hopefully this came out of unbearable pain becuase he has caused it by leaving his family and friends behind.

And maybe his demise will be the spark that makes another seek help. That's all suicide can teach us truly.

There has to be more to Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell's relationship and deaths. They prob were closer than they would wont others to know.

Man...re-listening to this song got me...

Like I said, Meteora was one of my favorite albums back in the day, but at the time I just cared about the sound and thought the lyrics were typical "edgy" music trying to appeal to people. This song, Breaking The Habit, Numb...now I realize they were literally him telling us about his personal experiences and pain :frown:

Last edited:
Its really sad he chose to end his life in this way.
Great vocalist. I really enjoyed his work.

Not a fan of suicide but R.I.P Chester.

Sup Bro! Same to you.
Ain't seen you in a min.
We gotta both get the same game and get back to killing ****.

Listening to their songs now I feel a much more profound sense of pain from his voice :frown:

Im still devastated. I don't want to sound corny but it really feels as if I lost a part of myself after he died. He along with the rest of Linkin Park were such a huge influence to me growing up.

It crazy how oblivious a lot of us were to the lyrics and how it all just made more sense after his death.

What sucks is that, his music helped A LOT of people through situations but at the end, no one could've saved him

im trying to figure out what exactly was his motive. chris cornell??? they both had kids and wives its crazy

From what I read I think he got supper depressed when Chris did it.

So all that depression plus the other depression of his abuse (from what I've read)?

Dunno though he definitely seemed okay from the outside, but he had def been giving it some thought since it was done on Chris' bday

It's hard to keep looking back at the list of frontmen I listened to who are gone....it's incredible to me.

Michael Hutchence (INXS)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)
Bradley Nowell (Sublime)
Layne Staley (Alice in Chains)
Jani Lane (Warrant)
Michael Jackson
Amy Winehouse
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
Prince
George Michael
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

"I do actually think there are a bunch of factors at work on why we see a high suicide rate (along with drinking, drugging to death) among singers. The kinds of people that tend to gravitate towards devoting their lives to music are often quite introverted...The level of devotion required to become a famous singer almost guarantees that these singers have an unhealthy obsession with music. Now take these introverts and throw them into a group dynamic where they are joined closely with other musicians and also stand apart. Being a singer is like being a goalie: you're a team mate but you stand alone and often get blamed when you lose the game. This youngest child / only child dynamic is stressful for introverts, in the best of times. Now put them on tour 10 months a year and add easy access to drugs and alcohol. Now add public opinion and the cycle of ego inflation and ego destruction that comes with a career in the spotlight. One minute you're a genius, the next you're an idiot. The last, and I believe most significant, factor is one faced by other entertainers and models...we discuss what exactly we will do when we've sold the last drops of our youth. We can't retire on our earnings. Your youth, itself, becomes the commodity of yours that other people sell....If you're lucky, you last long enough to wave goodbye to your youth and a lot of your career in the process. All of these factors probably contribute in some way...I've had periods where I didn't think I could handle it anymore. I'm not sure if I know the answer. I'm certainly searching for mine." -- Geoff Rickly of Thursday 7/20/17

this was a great analysis

crazy stuff. I am in europe and saw a poster in Hungary and thought to myself, damn that brings me back to my childhood

Back
Top Bottom