|||-------RIP Goodfoot 2003-2010 / Goodfoot Appreciation Post-------|||

So, Goodfoot is officially closed come yesterday (?)
RIP to Goodfoot. It's sorta sad to see them go, especially 'cause of when and the part they played in defining the "culture" here in Toronto. They played a significant part in my sneaker obsession over the years. They will be missed. 

Anyways, throw your thoughts and chime in here I guess. I never knew any of the G' Family beyond a "what's up," but I know a bunch of you are still on here or lurk 
nerd.gif
 (same with any of you NTers...)

Originally Posted by nkwu11

So, Goodfoot is officially closed come yesterday (?)
RIP to Goodfoot. It's sorta sad to see them go, especially 'cause of when and the part they played in defining the "culture" here in Toronto. They played a significant part in my sneaker obsession over the years. They will be missed. 

Anyways, throw your thoughts and chime in here I guess. I never knew any of the G' Family beyond a "what's up," but I know a bunch of you are still on here or lurk 
nerd.gif
 (same with any of you NTers...)
Well said my man.

RIP

Damn, really?

All the best to the fam.

As quoted from their website, the market has changed significantly through recent years.

WOW, this is the first I have heard any of this. All of their stores are closing? Damn I'm in shock. All the best to everyone involved.

They were the ones that really started it for the sneaker heads in Toronto.

Anyone know why they closed? Location? Competition from major stores?

wow, i am also in shock.
i could remember the opening night party like it was yesterday...i still remember what i worn that night
laugh.gif
 all the early 2k NTers and our summits
pimp.gif

during the time when rainbow ruled much music
anyone know the detail to this??Q ??

Originally Posted by goldhawkickz13

wow, i am also in shock.
i could remember the opening night party like it was yesterday...i still remember what i worn that night
laugh.gif
 all the early 2k NTers and our summits
pimp.gif

during the time when rainbow ruled much music
anyone know the detail to this??Q ??

laugh.gif
 I remember lurking seeing pictures from all the summits and @%#.
I'd assume that there's a new opportunity that's going to replace GDFT Richmond and YVR. The market's changed and been changing, and the benefits of whatever's next outweighed Goodfoot's. But that's just a wild guess - I'm sure there's a lot more to it behind the scenes. And really, given the history and how things have shaped up,I think this is a good time to leave (if there ever was one)

Never thought this day would come. Hands down one of the greatest sneaker boutiques of all time.
Changed the game & stayed as a heavy influence for a LOOOONG time

Can't wait to see what's next tho

I'd stay tuned

* le sigh, I still had some credit left over there...
very sad indeed though, seeing an independent store close up shop is always a downer. I'll never forget all my window shopping experiences there, let alone my first time going.
But yeaaa, from the letter on the website, it seems like there might be something on the horizon...
http://www.goodfoot.ca/contact

btw are nomad, ransom, and stussy all still open?
(sorry if this seems like a dense question)

^ Other shops are still open.

Fern - Hope all is well my man, I got to hear from you....Hek & I brought you up in a convo a while ago wondering what's up.

OH...MFG
now I feel bad for not coppin' the G' fitteds...I always thought they was too common in TO
how am I supposed to cop kicks now...at a store not online
frown.gif

I guess I can still cop gear at Nomad and Ransom...Stussy was/is/always will be garbage...but its not the same

kinda makes you realize that you never miss something till it's gone. 100% agree that it's sad to see independent stores shut down. it's just so hard to compete with the big chains

i never really went by gdft too often. the only thing i bought was a pair of white/black/red retro IX's. in fact, it wasn't even from the store itself. Ace had travelled from mtl for a gdft party and he brought the shoes with him. we met in front of the store for a smooth transaction nonetheless.

only other gdft related memory i have is the gdft x stussy party. good times. great music.

"Fern - Hope all is well my man, I got to hear from you....Hek & I brought you up in a convo a while ago wondering what's up. "

Q- Long time bro, everything is great.
Hope you guys are doing great aswell.
I'll hit you up sometime soon, hope the number you gave me still works.
If not I'll call Hek or email me Fbranco@gluskinsheff.com
Good to hear from you guys.
Talk to you soon.

i still remember the space jams sitting on the window like it was yesterday

you guys will be missed

RIP

Back
Top Bottom