RIP Jaime Escalante VOL. Stand and Deliver aka "What's Calcoolus?"

i went to garfield highschool. i remember they would show us that movie all the time. didnt really like it much then but now when i think about it, im glad they showed it to us.

RIP.

i hope they have a tribute for him at GHS or something, like a huge +@! painting

RIP

I'm at ASU and I took a calculus class last semester taught by one of his former students. She would always talk about him in class. He seems like a pretty cool guy

Definitely RIP...

Aside from Stand and Deliver, I used to watch him teach on PBS back in the late 80's.

The guy was powerful.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ "how do i reach these keeds"

bt RIP to him. He inspired a lot of people by not giving up on those kids nd showing them they could succeed

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Zinc Saucier
laugh.gif
That whole episode of Futurama had me dying.

RIP to Escalante. Dude was a true teacher, and loved what he did. Glad that he was able to impact so many lives
pimp.gif

SoCalBoy23 wrote:

i hope they have a tribute for him at GHS or something, like a huge +@! painting

I took this picture about 7 years ago while driving through L.A

It's located on the corner of Alvarado and Wilshire. It's behind a Yoshinoya, so you can look at it while eating your beef bowl. I just processed the picture to focus on Jaime and Edward James Olmos. 

Back
Top Bottom