RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

ROYCE  Retweeted

Frank The Butcher  ‏@FrankTheButcher    2h2 hours ago

There's a @Royceda59 feat. @WHOISCONWAY x @WESTSIDEGUNN x @therealstylesp joint that is possibly the HARDEST **** everrrrr.

pimp.gif

need to hear that

NYC raps has da unfair burden of representing what is essentially East coast sounding type rap...we're not da only folks who make it..philly, jersey, etc. Hell Drake's mixtape cuts be east coast sensible production wise..

Hold up. Now it's "The East Coast"? Seems like we are all East Coast brothers only when it's convenient for NY. It's "The East Coast" under a unified sound when NY's under pressure. Eff out of here with that. Yall dudes love to love yourselves & that's it.

People keep saying that, but what does a 20 year old have to do with any of that?

So how did New York and he set themselves up for that? He had absolutely nothing to do with that. He maybe grew up on Lil Wayne and 50 Cent.

People keep referring back to what was occurring in 1994.

It's just funny to me how people will call Troy Average or diss French but be in a (insert 95% of down south rappers) thread. I just want people to be consistent with their argument and the obvious double standard and hypocrisy.

You seem to not understand there is real, palpable, lingering resentment. People from around the country aren't stupid. They fully understand the NY provincial mind frame. Yall dudes show no love. You don't think that resonates? You don't think the endless thumbing of your nose at any & everyone not NYC doesn't have an effect? You seem to think because it was 20 years ago all is forgiven. The South knows how you act. They've seen it before. Why would they let you back in the door? They know what you're going to do if NY does get back on. I cant blame them.

PREACH.

Hold up. Now it's "The East Coast"? Seems like we are all East Coast brothers only when it's convenient for NY. It's "The East Coast" under a unified sound when NY's under pressure. Eff out of here with that. Yall dudes love to love yourselves & that's it.
You seem to not understand there is real, palpable, lingering resentment. People from around the country aren't stupid. They fully understand the NY provincial mind frame. Yall dudes show no love. You don't think that resonates? You don't think the endless thumbing of your nose at any & everyone not NYC doesn't have an effect? You seem to think because it was 20 years ago all is forgiven. The South knows how you act. They've seen it before. Why would they let you back in the door? They know what you're going to do if NY does get back on. I cant blame them.

pull your skirt up b, u seem personally scarred about NYC

Dudes are acting as if NYC didn't **** with any southern music at all, we are getting to an era where NYC kids literally grew up on the south and you wanna hold on to resentment from 20 years ago..

Along with the fact that many southern rap fans are using the same EXACT attitude towards anything NYC rap related which is quite stupid considering people seem to be so effected by it to this day

The kids from NYC today had no choice but to grow up on southern rap. Dudes from NY have had a decades-long history of ******** on folks from other regions simply because they weren't from NY or had a different style. It's only when the tide of popularity coming out of those areas became undeniable that NY had no choice but to cave in and **** with it.

Rappers from everywhere rep their city and region but only dudes from NY think the entire world revolves around them. And like others have said, people resent that ****. Although I feel like these dynamics (on both sides) are kind of becoming a thing of the past though since NYC has been damn-near irrelevant for about a decade now.

Last edited:
That Ziico track is ard. No idea who dude is. It's like 50 ***** rapping :lol:. He must be booked.

And that slim joint with the bubble in the video. I need her. My lord ::nerd: :pimp:.

Last edited:
That Ziico track is ard. No idea who dude is. It's like 50 ***** rapping :lol:. He must be booked.

And that slim joint with the bubble in the video. I need her. My lord ::nerd: :pimp:.

Ziico booked right now. Brolic dark skin *****

I'll bring u to the hood :nerd:

No he wasn't

RIP Chinx but People love to show love when you dead but nobody said this or supported his good music en masse when he was alive

I'm on the record stating that Chinx was one of my favorite new rappers prior to him dying. There's even a thread I made on it. Chinx was definitely next up.

I'm on the record stating that Chinx was one of my favorite new rappers prior to him dying. There's even a thread I made on it. Chinx was definitely next up.
You personally may have but this wasn't the overall sentiment

Or else these tracks would have taken off like they rightfully should have

By that logic every gangster rapper should be dead.The singing combined with rapping in just 1 rapper was popularized from the South indeed.You had other rappers who played with it a little.Rappers in the south singing there own hooks on the majority of there songs first.Defenitely was the South to me.Im not talking about what Drake and B.Tiller does either.There really just RNB singers in my opinion that can spit a hot 16.There style is more lovey dovey with the woman.Its none threatening,nothing is wrong with that.But it stands out more to hardcore rap fans.When a street guy that just raps does alot on his songs.Like Big Moe,Pimp C,and Z-RO did in the past.Thats why Max B got so much attention a few years back.He was the first East Coast rapper to sing on the majority of his songs.Was he a good singer,no.But his hooks where catchy as ****.Plus his personality kept people watching nonstop to videos online.I think before Chinx past away.He definitely took a page out of what Max was doing.Because in his last body of work.He was singing more on his last few songs.When he does it,he was standing out from others on a song.Was he the new big star out of Ny.We don't know.But he was coming into his own sound.I just wish Max would've stayed out of trouble.Because his style would flourish heavy in this era

"Bring NY back" in what sense, exactly?

By being the standard bearer of real rap. None of this southern and Canadian ****. He was authentic and incredibly talented.

no he wasnt, sorry god bless the dead but chinx was just a coke boy rapper, coke boy raps aint hip hop... 

art is love, and love is art. 

when you art doesnt display love it isnt art its just music. 

Serious question, have you even listened to a full Chinx project? He was much more than a coke boy rapper. Son was incredibly versatile. Listen to the Cocaine Riot series and I'll Take It From Here.

Chins was cool...but he was never going to blow past being a mixtape NYC rapper. Maino/Murda was his ceiling as far as popularity goes.

But then again, nobody expected French Montana to "blow"...so who knows.

Dave East is right here....dropping fire.......but NYC overlooking the boy :smh:

Last edited:
Dave East is just ok.

Conway reminds me of HNIC Prodigy, not voice wise but style & production choice

Reject 2 is :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom