RIP Nipsey Hussle

i think this was worse than the junior killing in the BX... im only comparing the 2 because both were murders... but to get shot and killed in front of your own store... the disrespect :smh:

In a way, if inevitable, I think Nip would wanted to have been where it was. That was already sacred ground and his.

Oh well my bad :rofl:

But yeah talking bout people saying “he was a crip so what you expect” basically

Yea agreed. That Twitter troll mentality would have alotta people with eye jammies talking that mess in person.

I saw a cpl bots saying Nipsey deserved to die because he was a homophobe :stoneface:

those same people will flip the hell out if a cop dies and you say “well he was a cop what do you expect?”

I've come to the conclusion that *****s only accept things as truth if it's cosigned by a white institution :smh:.

Also I'm not even from Cali & have real life experience on how a hood works. from as early as 11-12 it doesn't matter if you bang or not if your from a certain hood your likely to get pressed in another hood simply because your from that area/have fam & friends in that area. So naturally the response to that for a lot of people is joining in with your friends & fam who are already banging.

*****s ain't just waking up out the blue and saying i wanna join a fraternity who kill people & do crime, a lot of these dudes hands become forced based on how they grew up.

I grew up in NY all my life.

I remember about 10 years ago I had a job at the airport and some dude I got cool with from LA told me straight up he respect NY, cause at least he had a choice here. He had no option to not be apart of any gang in LA cause of where he lived.

Exactly what I meant about this not being the thread for this convo.

*****s are still emotional about Nip...and rightfully so...so that's getting in the way of being objective here. Somebody say some **** that somebody don't like...*****s jump in their emo bag and start pointing fingers about who's right and who's wrong. We can never have an honest discussion about this **** without the kid gloves on...cause *****s easily slip into the name calling and all this other goofy ****.

I really wish there was a thread on here that was set up specifically to formally debate with an actual moderator. Cause this **** just turns into a pissing match each time.

Just start a thread and ignore detractors.

I dig this post. I wish gangs could translate into positive groups. They're already organized and have resources.

don't think you can count illicit profits from da streets as resources b. :lol:

some of ya was confusing da romanticization of da american criminal and/or grey era enterprises depicted in da cinematic world with a actual celebration of da aforementioned.

hiphop fans need to understand that if rappers were comic book characters, at best they're tragic antiheroes and usually or at worst, they're villians.

being in a gang and putting in work isn't something positive, if fact its
antithetical to da human condition as far as civilized society. Its what tugs at our heart strings da most because someone like Nipsey who is smart by measurement, is taken down by da same environment and organization that was da catalyst in his formative development and ultimate demise.

56513030_3070526806322969_6886251001322405888_n.jpg

Do you even understand what you’re quoting?

Tooki Williams intended to have the random gangs roaming around the street of LA form a collectivized organization to protect the community from police.

Over the years powers that be funneled drugs and guns into these communities, which lead to turf wars, which lead to greater gang rivalries. The fact of the matter still remains that the initial intent was for protecting the community. You probably read that and couldn’t wait to post it in this thread like you were really doing it. Would bet a dollar you hit “post reply” and said “SEE?!”

All that googling and typing and you ain’t said a damn thing.

Man relax lol. When asked why he started the Crips he literally says that other gangs were wilding and he wanted them dealt with. I don't see anything about police in his quotes. I'm reading Tookie's book as we speak for more context. If I see anything that supports what you're saying I'll let you know.

Nobody's emotional or chomping at the bit to reply to you. Nobody's questioning that Tookie didn't have some kind of positive intention in the beginning.

I'm gonna go on his word over yours bruh.

Crips formed to protect themselves from other other gangs. Was Cribs at first.

Y'all ain't read Tookies book?

Just bought on Kindle and reading now. From what I'm reading ALREADY it should be difficult for anyone to judge Nip for being a Crip.

Both he and Tookie were victims of a vortex of environment and white supremacy

I completely do believe their intentions were good at the beginning and things got perverted by the system to prevent an uprising of any sorts. Now that the damage has been done, though, what’s the solution to reverse course? I hate the way the school system is set up in this country and the way gentrification goes. We need to actually put funding in for the sake of improving the lives of everyone there, not just to displace people and benefit a select few.

I grew up in NY all my life.

I remember about 10 years ago I had a job at the airport and some dude I got cool with from LA told me straight up he respect NY, cause at least he had a choice here. He had no option to not be apart of any gang in LA cause of where he lived.

That's true to a certain extent, but there are certain hoods in NYC where the pressure is the same, the choices may not be soley blood or crips but from a really young age these dudes are getting pressed to join a set. Especially now considering Gangbanging in NYC has now made it to a point where we have second generation gangbangers & hoods that been at war for decades.

So i can only imagine just how much worse it gets on the westcoast with that gang ****. I ain't never bang a day in my life and had people hang Blue bandanas off my door because i hang with certain people or in a rival neighborhood.

I completely do believe their intentions were good at the beginning and things got perverted by the system to prevent an uprising of any sorts. Now that the damage has been done, though, what’s the solution to reverse course? I hate the way the school system is set up in this country and the way gentrification goes. We need to actually put funding in for the sake of improving the lives of everyone there, not just to displace people and benefit a select few.

One question I have when it comes to certain things is that is there truly a solution to something so ingrained in our society? The cycle will repeat itself. A ***** gone bang for the same reasons his older brother or pops may have done so. The solution would be for there to be people like Nipsey but his thought process isn't shared by many.

It boils down to economics. Always has always will. In a capitalist society with a massive wealth gap, marginalized groups will never cease to exist and from that subcultures will spawn.

Also in terms of Gangs being bastardized we gotta remember that the government infiltrated several black groups such as the panthers back then, so there's no doubt in my mind that they did the same with the Bloods/Crips to get it to even bigger dysfunction... then you add in Crack & Genocide is flared.

Just bought on Kindle and reading now. From what I'm reading ALREADY it should be difficult for anyone to judge Nip for being a Crip.

Both he and Tookie were victims of a vortex of environment and white supremacy

How I feel. Got worse when the streets were mysteriously flooded with guns and drugs.

Some folks theorize the destruction of the Panthers by the FBI and CIA directly contributed to the bloods and crips situation.

Everything you see in the hood is a symptom of a larger problem.

How I feel. Got worse when the streets were mysteriously flooded with guns and drugs.

Some folks theorize the destruction of the Panthers by the FBI and CIA directly attributed to the bloods and crips situation.

Everything you see in the hood is a symptom of a larger problem.

Don't even think it's theory at this point. Full on fact. Also it coupled with the anger of the youth who just felt let down by the promises of the Civil Rights Movement. Was a rough time. The Black Power Movement was dwindling because of FBI infiltration. Our leaders freshly assassinated or sent into exile, crack and heroine emerging. The youth of the day was upset.

Don't even think it's theory at this point. Full on fact. Also it coupled with the anger of the youth who just felt let down by the promises of the Civil Rights Movement. Was a rough time. The Black Power Movement was dwindling because of FBI infiltration. Our leaders freshly assassinated or sent into exile, crack and heroine emerging. The youth of the day was upset.

Cats got generational PTSD man. It manifested some terrible things in our communities and still does to this day. Folks been scared, confused, neglected, and stressed out their entire lives and then raising kids in the same conditions with that state of mind. **** is sad man.

The environment ain't the "projects", our people are.

Strongly advise those to Check https://m.youtube.com/user/LocoKevMac
If you want a more accurate history on LA gangs. Do not gather info from these suspect media outlets like tmz or whatever the fuh is out there. All they do is twist knowledge that THEY want you to digest.
Loved hearing stories about the huge migration from the south (Mississippi, Louisiana..etc) to LA around 60s-70s and how majority of em came from dual parent homes. A lotta LOVE/RESPECT that was given and earned before the guns went BOOM.

Strongly advise those to Check https://m.youtube.com/user/LocoKevMac
If you want a more accurate history on LA gangs. Do not gather info from these suspect media outlets like tmz or whatever the fuh is out there. All they do is twist knowledge that THEY want you to digest.
Loved hearing stories about the huge migration from the south (Mississippi, Louisiana..etc) to LA around 60s-70s and how majority of em came from dual parent homes. A lotta LOVE/RESPECT that was given and earned before the guns went BOOM.

Was just watching the video from him the other day on how the 83 and 60 beef kicked off

Was just watching the video from him the other day on how the 83 and 60 beef kicked off
Caught onto kev mac from his gambling chronicles but didn’t know he was og crippin. Like that. Dude is very knowledgeable in sports betting.
Lotta crazy stuff heard in these vids like how Daryl strawberry brother was a better baseball player, interviews with nip before he blew up and a couple of other interviews with a lotta lifers who just got released.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom