RIP NT CANADA FORUM

It's been dead for a minute...

But it's real sad when hypebeast and ISS's respective Toronto threads are more updated and have more contributions than NT...shape things up

What part of the game is this?

:smh:
smh.gif

www.inqmnd.ca​

Word.

This forum moves so slowly, it's not even funny.

I guess it is because there are little Canadian Nike Talkers compared to Americans on this forum. And the fact that ISS and other forums don't have a Membership By Approval registration, so they can access pretty fast.

If there is any way to help the Canada forum, I would be up for it.
TEAM RAPTORS !

I think it's more of the "rules" in what posts can be created under a regional forum...

I'm sure if we have "sticky" posts of the following, NT Canada wouldn't be dead like this...

--- Raptors
--- Blue Jays
--- Store Updates
--- WDYWT Sticky (To be removed and updated every quarter)
--- Monthly Pick-up Posts
--- Collections
--- Summit (if any)

I'm all for centralized posts but as a REGIONAL forum, I'm also interested to what other Canadian NTers have picked-up, their collections etc...I don't have time to look at Sneaker Showcase and identify what instapump bought, SupremeApe, bobby or any other Canadian NTers.

It's a long shot but I hope some MODs will consider this

FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

hypbeast forum is funnier... wreckless talk from a lot of dudes on there
Team Saugaour streets is clean

I'm in no way advocating that ISS or HB are becoming better forums...hardly. I've been on NT for 6+ years and I know 95% of those that post on the other boards either started or are heavily influenced by NT.

But the decline in activity and good info on these boards has become alarmingly evident.

Compound that with alot of older heads not posting anymore, hard membership application (although NT has already its fair share of members), alot of things ruled out of our posting realm in the regionals and no summits that have been successfully organized for, what, over a year now?

I've gotten banned before (soulize) because of my personal opinions on what this forum should revert back to, and evidently alot of the new rules have either pushed alot of people away or added to the decline of the quality of the posts and threads here, so I hope the mods do take this into account and realize that alot of our voiced opinions are actually what the posters want, and not just some NT'ers trying to rebel against a new reform.

Where is 3Canada anyways?

www.inqmnd.ca​

either way still less BS on NT which makes this like a safe haven away from those forums filled with random people joining daily and little kids asking the dumbest, repetitive @#%$ ever. thank god that lebron_jordan23 dude stopped posting on iss tho.

overall i still get better info here then from iss because with every post of info theres like 100 posts of BS and useless discussion
416 And 250 Canada

Looking For DS Chicago Xs size 9-10.5

I think we need to elect a new moderator. I might contact Method Man.
TEAM RAPTORS !

I've always looked at it like

NT = Older heads
Hypebeast & ISS = Young heads which leads to "e-beefs", dumb arguments and "e-thugs" plus the always hilarious dumb questions which was answered a page or 2 before.

NT easily has more Canada members it's just for the most part 80% of us are 21+ and actually have lives outside of the internet. While the young crowd is on the computer 24/7 hence the nonsense that goes on ISS & Hypebeast.

im with danny
NT has fallen quite a bit in the last couple years, particuarly Canada and Music forums.. I think alot of the older knowledgable heads already have a tight community of friends they have on IM and hookups so dont they feel the need to post new info 24/7, like the new hypebeast age kids feel compelled to do.

The Canada forum used to be lively, fun to read, and most of all informative.. It seems like there hasn't been a new crop of members to replace those who left.. and those who do pop up all go to ISS because it's more newb friendly for lack of a better term.

I am down to promote the forum more, because i simply i prefer it over ISS. I'd like to see it return to it's former glory even if that does seem slightly far fetched, i dont think it's impossible

hypebeast is alright, but obviously less focused on the sneaker tip

lets revamp the canada thread

1st things 1st...lets get an actual mod who keeps up and stays connected to everyone here

once we appoint that mod, lets make sure he is actually residing in canada this time...? makes sense, no?

i don't know why our last mod was located in hong kong or somethin' like that...should be not be the mod for the hong kong section?

i try to drop in once in a while but i find myself unable to answer a lot of the questions posted...
TEAM NO FUGAZI
"We keep legit check in check"​

Im glad we dont have a huge community here on NT. like any analog said, no e-beefs,etc.
we should be a community where everyone knows each other (mostlybecause theres not many of us), and more inpoertanlty help each other out.

PS.... i know im beatin the horse to death, but we need a buy/sell sticky in this fourm. I know the mods always say it takes up too much space, but if we had a real mod who deleted, repeat/ irralavant posts(see "shipping charges to canada), we'd be using the same space as we are now.

Quote:
NT easily has more Canada members it's just for the most part 80% of us are 21+ and actually have lives outside of the internet. While the young crowd is on the computer 24/7 hence the nonsense that goes on ISS & Hypebeast.
Laisse-moi zoom, zoom, zang dans ta Benz, Benz, Benz

i totally agree with the local buy/sell forum that would make life so much easier.

and a local mod who is active and lives in canada would be a great addition also.

and when it comes down to being a fam, i would choose nt over iss any day because i would hate to have brothers if they were like half the kids on iss. however i think to say its the young crowd that acts that way is a false statement because its not always kids (i am still a "kid" especially compared to half of the ogs on here), but people who have a brain or the maturity of a kid. i feel (correct me if im wrong for those of you who know me on iss) the majority of the time (imo) i bring to the table relevent information and responses and act on a decent level maturity and yet i am part of that younger generation.

overall i do not think promoting NT is the way, i believe inviting people/friends who are deemed "worthy" or who you know brings relevant/helpful info to the table or the ones who are actively participating in local events or helping others in some form, those are the ones that would help bring NT back to life and help this "family". if we just promote nt, we will soon be filled with a bunch of kids applying for memberships and once they get em (if they get em) nt will just turn into an ISS.

age is not the issue, maturity is IMO.

peace
416 And 250 Canada

Looking For DS Chicago Xs size 9-10.5

definitely... the local threads are something that should be allowed only on sticky though.

definitely a buy/sell thread sticky for this forum would make it a lot easier and the WDYWT sticky would be nice. I know i'd lurk the canada region much more with those.

plus the local store updates don't really happen since its just regular updates from the goonies themselves.

i'll try harder to post updates after i visit the places.

I am down with the local sell/trade forum and promoting this forum.

As for the comment about older people being on NT, that is true. Or at least if you look at the registered dates of some members on the Canada forum, you see that a number of us has been in the game 5 years plus, which is a relatively long time in the collecting game (no disrespect to the OG heads from the 80's) compared with these kids on ISS or whatever . With age comes wisdom (at least in the sneaker-ology field) :D
happy.gif
. That is the reason why I choose NT over anything else if I need to find something.

i rarely post here, because i feel "isolated" being in nova scotia, i mean when i think NTer in Canada, im thinkin Ontario or BC
TeamLakersMember #24, please don't trade odom

we should have our own...

-buy/sell forum
-pickup posts

When i used to lurk years and years ago this place was popping, but you can't make too many different types of threads because they're against the rules...so folk go to ISS and Hypebeast to get their fix and don't really check here because it isn't popping.

What can ya do, folk seem to be mature in here for the most part though.
looking for (sz 12-13):
safari dunk high
AM1 NL cement (black)
blazers (viotech/pinstripe)
sb classics

word, this forum's been slow. LOL @ some of the people at hypebeast though.

I'd contribute some more, but I'm in damn Oakville and never get in the city.

The only place I know that a bunch of resellers know about is some skate shop in Waterdown. I haven't been there in aminute, I dunno if they still carry SBs or not
formerly shoeWUfreak

Gotta tell y'all, NT has wayyy more lurkers than members that post!?!

2000 Til...
June 15th
State Theatre

Quote:
I've always looked at it like

NT = Older heads
Hypebeast & ISS = Young heads which leads to "e-beefs", dumb arguments and "e-thugs" plus the always hilarious dumb questions which was answered a page or 2 before.

i completely agree.

Quote:
Or at least if you look at the registered dates of some members on the Canada forum, you see that a number of us has been in the game 5 years plus, which is a relatively long time in the collecting game (no disrespect to the OG heads from the 80's) compared with these kids on ISS or whatever .
COMMITTEEjointhecommittee.blogspot.comBLACK-RAPwww.black-rap.com

I personally post on iss a little bit more.I been goin onto niketalk since the late 90's and was declined for membership twice due to my name being too close to someone who was banned..which is whatever i can understand so I naturally started posting on iss due to no restrictions the whole "kids on iss" deal is true to some extent but for the most part as with the nt canada forum as well,the members seem to "police" themselves well and manage to get some of the more useless posts or point wayward members in the proper direction..its probably just a slow time aside from the store openings last week and the sale at goodfoot its been slow going.I left to seattle for 3 months and came back and square one footlocker looks like it never recieved a shipment.Even Matt Babel has been lying low ahahhahahaha I would like to see a local buy and sell but ever since our thread got shut down i filled that gap with ebay and goin stateside.someone find jeremy piven

Back
Top Bottom