RIP to the musical genius George Duke

:smh: Just found out not too long ago.

I JUST sampled elements of "North Beach" for a few beats too.

Feel free to post your favorite joints.

I'll be back to post something later.

George Duke - I Love You More, Someday, Brazilian Love Affair, & Feels so Good

I posted this in the r&b thread yesterday. RIP to a legend. Sad he was only 67. He worked with the likes of Earth, Wind, & Fire, Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, & Frank Zappa.

He's been either sampled of covered by Pete Rock, Grap Luva, Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Daft Punk, BIG KRIT, A Tribe Called Quest, Ice Cube... This list goes on & on.

Thundercat - For Love I Come (George Duke cover produced by Flying Lotus) & original from Duke.

George Duke - I Love You More, Someday, Brazilian Love Affair, & Feels so Good

I posted this in the r&b thread yesterday. RIP to a legend. Sad he was only 67. He worked with the likes of Earth, Wind, & Fire, Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, & Frank Zappa.

He's been either sampled of covered by Pete Rock, Grap Luva, Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Daft Punk, BIG KRIT, A Tribe Called Quest, Ice Cube... This list goes on & on.

Thundercat - For Love I Come (George Duke cover produced by Flying Lotus) & original from Duke.

rip
frown.gif

:smh: @ the lack of respect for this man.

I'm not even gonna waste time posting music.

Ruxxx, it's not a lack of respect these kids have, it's lack of knowledge. Have you seen the threads that dominate the first page of the music section? They have no idea who George Duke is or that many of the songs they listen to sample his catalog. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom