Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

I swear the title was called planet of the a s s
laugh.gif
That will be the pron spoof 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Who said anything about six sequels? They have one sequel already lined up waiting for a green light if this one performs well. People need to not be fixated on the original and its sequels. This is a reboot and has its own narrative. Every review says this sets up the sequel nicely.
The first few replies of the thread...
51and3rd wrote:
^ I think they're starting over again since the one Marky Mark was in sucked. I think they signed for like 6 of them or something crazy like that so they can take their time developing the new story.

Winged Wheel mentioned it a few replies before mine, that's what I was responding to. I'm well aware it's a reboot, and while I've read the director plans for multiple movies, I haven't seen anything about everyone being signed on for multiple films or greenlit sequels, so that's news to me. Link/Source?
I meant that in terms of the studio. People in this thread can say whatever they want. The director can say whatever he wants. Example: Transformers in 2007 could have been a stand-alone if it bombed. It wasn't going to, but the studio green lit the sequel within a week of the opening of the first one. The studio also had envisioned a trilogy, but it all hinged on the success of the original. This is the exact same situation. If it does well, you'll hear about a green light shortly after. Same with the actors: if it did well, there was an option to pick them up for a sequel. But in the Apes case, considering the franchise, they can do whatever they want. They could go 1,000 years in the future and not need anyone from the original.

Ending was type wack but can't be mad if there's more in the making, it was obviously set up for a sequel...dope movie tho
few MN NTers @ the midnight showing @ Southdale?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AME416

Ending was type wack but can't be mad if there's more in the making, it was obviously set up for a sequel...
Well after all, this is a prequel to all of the Planet of the Apes movies that came out 60s-70s.

I'm glad I'm not the only one amped for this movie. I was gon go tonight but my boy wants to see it too but don't get back from his cruise til Sunday so I'm def there Monday

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

51and3rd wrote:
I think they signed for like 6 of them or something crazy like that so they can take their time developing the new story.
Where did you hear that, do you have a link/source?

Director Rupert Wyatt commented: "I think we’re ending with certain questions, which is quite exciting. To me, I can think of all sorts of sequels to this film, but this is just the beginning."[sup][17][/sup] Screenwriter and producer Rick Jaffa has also stated that Rise of the Planet of the Apes will feature several clues as to future sequels: "I hope that we’re building a platform for future films. We’re trying to plant a lot of the seeds for a lot of the things you are talking about in terms of the different apes and so forth."

I kind of hyped it lol but I forgot the exact source where someone had said they had planned on many sequels.

Seeing it tonight and I'll post my thoughts later.

As a huge fan of the originals, I actually liked this movie. With the main exception of Tom Felton trying to redeliver one of the most classic lines in all of cinema. This was enough to make me fully forget about the last one I think. This could be the start of an interesting reimagination of the originals, so I'll go with it for now. One of my friends cracked me up after saying "San Francisco is so progressive, it birthed the Ape's rights movement that annihilated humanity" Caught me soooooo off guard

never liked the originals. this one looks stupid with the cgi apes. maybe i just dont like monkeys....

yea they could have kept the ending....had me stopping in my tracks for that smh....other than that the movie was pretty good. Caesar a smart SOB!

Like how they brought back a couple of things from the original movie.

Overall it was
pimp.gif

Movie was pretty sick. I enjoyed it. Just wish that ape caretaker piece of $#!+ would have gotten it harder!

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

dope movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
when he said NO !!$+ had me caught off guard
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Had me
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Movie was epic and full of lulz. When that one ape had all them !$!@+# grooming him
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Caesar was a BOSS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude had gorillas taking bullets for him, and his man's murk the CEO.

Caesar > Marlo

Back
Top Bottom