Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Movie wasn't what I expected but it was still
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The underground aspect could work, but if you have seen the film, and stayed after the credits, we saw that the next location is New York

I don't think that last shot signified the next location.  It just shows that the [SPOILER ALERT] pilot was infected and heading to a major metropolitan hub (NY) signifying that the sickness is going to spread rapidly. 

As far as a sequel, I would prefer it be very far in the future where the Apes are well established. 

i dont understand how people saying this movie is great

its an "okay" movie with a whole crap load of talking and the last 20 minutes of action....

Planet of the Apes (2001) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rise of the planet of the apes

Saw it today finally and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wouldn't mind watching it again.

A sequel is a must. I don't care when it takes place just as long as it's as good as this one if not better.

Caesar is that ape.

Possibly my favorite summer movie so far. I went in with low expectations and left extremely pleased.

It's an origin story, but it's also a reboot. If anything, it's connected more to the originals than to the Tim Burton's remake.

eek.gif
@ racial undertones. You guys didn't point out that the big gorilla's name was Buck.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

All jokes aside, the movie was solid. I got a bit gassed off of the positive word of mouth. So I went in with really high expectations.

But it was a well put-together flick.

Ending was anti-climactic. But they obviously did it that way to set up a sequel.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

eek.gif
@ racial undertones. You guys didn't point out that the big gorilla's name was Buck.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

All jokes aside, the movie was solid. I got a bit gassed off of the positive word of mouth. So I went in with really high expectations.

But it was a well put-together flick.

Ending was anti-climactic. But they obviously did it that way to set up a sequel.

Not only that, but the water hosed Caesar down in the cages....that scene definitely reminded me of the civil rights movement.

What I wanted to see was how the apes took over the world, other than that it was an I'll movie. Theater I was at went quiet too when Ceasar said No. I lost brain function for a second when I heard that

saw it the saturday after initial release, not expecting TOO much, and was blown away by how good it was. Wasn't expecting that. I let out a very audible "what the %%%%?!" when Cesar spoke.

saw it again on Tuesday and enjoyed watching the film AND the reactions (the speaking, the spear throwing, the initial attack the led Cesar to be held, everything Buck did) the audience had. Had people speechless when Cesar spoke, a few people were laughing (guess the first part of the movie didn't make them believe in the movie)

Sequel wise, I wouldn't mind seeing if the Apes try to have a peaceful coexistence with the humans w/ Koba being the inevitable "straw" that puts Cesar over to forceful coexistence. I do think that the mass production of ALZ113 (?) at the plant would play a part if they decide to go that route. Either that or a movie that shows generations down when the Apes have evolved more and when they realize they want to rule the world.

Did anyone notice, during the scene when Cesar went Ape_@%)! on the neighbor, before when he was in his "room" he was playing with a Statue of Liberty? Had to be a nod.

I'm not one to harp on "racial undertones" but do people really not know the history of this movie series? Maybe ya'll should read up on it lol.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Thought it was really well done.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

pretty obvious. apes didnt take over the world. humans died out b/c of that virus.

Oooooo the virus that killed the scientist guy. He passéd it on to the neighbor when he sneeZed on him. That makes sense. Can someone enlighten me if thatz the way the apes take over, cause I would rather have an epic battle

^ this is the first time in the history of all the movies reboots tv series that they talk about a virus

movie was crazy. it was good. but i just felt really indifferent about it. certain points where i just wanted to walk out...from how they were treating the apes...the monkeys attacking the new one...smh. all that. and in real life i hate animals so i dont even know. good movie though. probably wouldnt watch again.

Saw the movie yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting the movie to be as good as it was. When Ceasar spoke for the first time, some guy in the theater said "What the hell." I was like "%#!% just got real". That part really got the audience's attention. I liked how the Apes wouldn't kill anyone unless tempted. Overall, a very good movie.

I was thinking the virus spreads to since it showed where the airplanes were all going.
Surprised the director didn't mention anything about it in possible sequels.

man I been watching you tube trailers look very good...will contribute to thread after done watching

buts whats up with the racist comments everywhere about this movie... not NT THOUGh

when cesar said hes home the look on the guys face was priceless. he was like oh snap time to go. dont have to tell me twice. lol

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

pretty obvious. apes didnt take over the world. humans died out b/c of that virus.
This is basically gon be the plot. However, if following the OG plot stemmin from the novel when they make a sequel to this, how are they going to tie in the fact that the apes lived on another planet and an astronaut crashed there?  If they do, it'll have to be in the distant future of maybe 100yrs or something to tie the prequel to the OG if they go that route.

Back
Top Bottom