Roddy Ricch Thread - Feed Tha Streets 3 November 18th

“Ballin” is my joint but his debut is hard. I like him. Not a fan of “The Box”. I think he has better singles on the album but I’m happy to see all the success. No.1 single and no.1 album in the country. Whoaaaaa

Am I the only one who's confused how "The Box" went number one?

1 - There's no official Music Video yet
2 - The Beat is too gangsta/hardcore and doesn't have any Glittery Pop sounds
3 - The lyric's have excessive slang/profanity, and no particular line that can be sung by people of all age groups (Elementary kids, Middle age Folks)
4 - It doesn't have a unique, metaphorical "hidden" meaning. (Good example would be PANDA being about a car with a special white/blk paint job)
5 - I literally only heard of Roddy Ricch like last week (So although "Highest In the Room" shares the above attributes, I can understand it going number one since Travis is so prolific)

3 - The lyric's have excessive slang/profanity, and no particular line that can be sung by people of all age groups (Elementary kids, Middle age Folks)
4 - It doesn't have a unique, metaphorical "hidden" meaning. (Good example would be PANDA being about a car with a special white/blk paint job)
5 - I literally only heard of Roddy Ricch like last week (So although "Highest In the Room" shares the above attributes, I can understand it going number one since Travis is so prolific)

Beat hard af and RR rode on dat beat smooth af

I'm just more shocked that RR got the #1 spot. All I can think is that Ballin' introduced him to a lot more fans.

Ballin and Roddy were heating up right up for this album. Ballin was low key song of the late summer...and was top 15 before the album.

This album was highly anticipated...and the song placement being the 1st official track after the intro....made it a song to focus on to see what direction the album goes in.

The beat is hard. There are memorable lines:
- “She sucked a ***** soul, gotta cash app. Told em wipe a ***** nose, say SLATT SLATT”
-“Bish don’t wear no shoes In my house”
-“I’m a 2020 president candidate, I done put a 100 bands on Zimmerman ****”

Additionally...the urban crowds rocked with it off top. AND....the Tik Tok and internet made the “ee-urr” ad libs go viral. Once it went viral...it took a life of its own.

It’s not a traditional #1 single. But the right circumstances and it being a straight up good song pushed it. You just might be late to the party.

Bacc Seat is the best “traditional single” or “big stepper” on there imo. Album is full of bangers.

Last edited:
It’s the “EEH URR” portion of the song. I can’t explain it but I feel like it wouldn’t have been #1 without it.

Aye, gang slide, gang slide, that's what I was doing last year
A lot of people say I'm being humble, *****, this the last year
Got so many bands, I'm the cashier, aye
A ***** retired the hats, *****, I can't do no cappin here
6BF6E2C3-92A9-4DC9-B904-B4E84E68735D.png

Any of y’all been to his concert on this tour yet? Tryna make it but would be two hours late after doors open. Wanted to see how late he ends up showing to perform after whoever opens for him. Y’all think it’s worth it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom