Roddy White: You Have A Great Agent(6 yrs 50 million)

[h2]Falcons, White reach extension[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com
Archive

Roddy White's contract holdout is over.

The Atlanta Falcons said Saturday night the Pro Bowl receiver has agreed to a contractextension. White had been holding out for a new deal since the start of training camp.

[h4]NFC South blog[/h4]
yasinskas_pat_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

A source said White's deal is for six years and $50 million ($18 million guaranteed). It makes him the second-highest paid receiver in the NFL behindArizona's LarryFitzgerald, who averages $10 million a year.

"We're always going to be an organization that rewards player who have been productive on the field for us and good citizens off the field,"Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "We're glad to get this contract situation resolved and we look forward to a long association withRoddy."

His current contract was set to expire after this season and he could have become a restricted free agent in 2010. The signing comes after second-year proHarry Douglas, who was expected to be one of Atlanta's top three receivers, wentdown with a season-ending injury.

In the meantime, the Falcons signed veterans Marty Booker and Robert Ferguson. White and Michael Jenkins will be the starters. Booker and Ferguson will compete with veteran Brian Finneran for the top backup spots.

pimp.gif

His agent aint have to do much

[table][tr][td] 2007-08[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]83[/td] [td]1202[/td] [td]75.1[/td] [td]14.5[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2008-09[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]88[/td] [td]1382[/td] [td]86.4[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Couldn't catch a cold when Vick was throwing it, lol.

Good for him though, get your money and get to camp!

hes a beast....had him on my fantasy team last year...i hope he continues his success

My dude got paid...and paid well. Wonder if his price tag went up due to their needs for a legit WR and Douglas going on IR. I think RW is a great WR (all youhave to do is look at his stats in 2007 with Vick at the helm), but I'm not sure he's worth Fitz money.

Am i the only one who thinks he is over rated?
Or am i just thinking that because of the Falcons days with Vick

I just looked up some stats and articles in regards to Roddy White and Marques Colston and wow Roddy got PAID. Just peep the stats:

Roddy White

2005 16 games 29 Rec. 446 Yards 3 TD 1 Fumble
2006 16 games 30 Rec. 506 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble
2007 16 games 83 Rec. 1202 Yards 6 TD 3 Fumbles
2008 16 games 88 Rec. 1382 Yards 7 TD 1 Fumble

Contract 6 years 50 Million 27 Years Old (going to be 28 this year)

Marques Colston

2006 14 games 70 Rec. 1038 yards 8 TD 0 Fumble
2007 16 games 98 Rec. 1202 yards 11 TD 1 Fumble
2008 11 games 47 Rec. 760 yards 5 TD 1 Fumble

Contract 4 years 15 million plus reachable goals 26 Years Old

So Roddy played in 23 more games: only have 15 more receptions, 536 more yards, 8 less TD's, 4 more fumbles and he's about a 1 1/2 older.

That's big money difference between those two dudes.

Discuss...

Marques Colston has played with Drew Brees his entire career, the ball comes out on time, very accurate and very catchable... signed his new deal in 08.
Roddy came into his own 2 yrs ago, played with Vick, put up numbers with Joey Harrington and Chris Redman as his QB.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Marques Colston has played with Drew Brees his entire career, the ball comes out on time, very accurate and very catchable... signed his new deal in 08.
Roddy came into his own 2 yrs ago, played with Vick, put up numbers with Joey Harrington and Chris Redman as his QB.

I totally agree Gunna. Roddy is a BEAST
sick.gif
He's had a bad run withQB's. I just wonder why Colston didn't hold out for more. To me that seems like that chump change, don't you?

He got paid like that because unfortunately, my Atlanta Falcons are notoriously known for overpaying players.

Back
Top Bottom