Rodney Stuckey in '08, Courtney Lee in '09, __________ in '10?

Joined Nov 22, 2006

Last couple of years there seems to be a rookie on a playoff team that has a good showing and gets overhyped by the media/fans. Who will it be this year?

Requirements:
Rookie was not picked in the lottery (so that means James Harden and Brandon Jennings aren't candidates)
Rookie was good, but forgettable for most of the season
Rookie will have an impact during the playoffs (ex: filling in for another player or simply raising his level of play)

Top candidates: Eric Maynor, Roddy Beaubois and Wesley Matthews

Joined May 19, 2004
Does it have to be a rookie? Remember the old days when dudes like Austin Croshere and Ty Lue got shine off doing a little something (in Lue's case, doing nothing really...) in the Finals?

Joined Nov 22, 2006
Originally Posted by DLo13

Does it have to be a rookie? Remember the old days when dudes like Austin Croshere and Ty Lue got shine off doing a little something (in Lue's case, doing nothing really...) in the Finals?
I think that falls under an entirely different umbrella of players nearing the end of their rookie contract playing for long term contract.

Current candidates for this include Tyrus Thomas, Jordan Farmar and J.J. Redick.

Joined Jan 9, 2007
Although not a rookie, I think Jerryd Bayless is the likely candidate. He's had a few big games this year, but for the most part he's been inconsistent. Since Brandon Roy is out he may get more minutes, have a couple of big games and everyone will think he's a starter..

Bayless and Stuckey arent really point guards IMO

Joined Jan 3, 2008
Is Ty Lawson gona play meaningful minutes? If so, I'll throw his name into the mix.

Joined May 2, 2007
So he aint a rookie but I say Russy Westbrook gets outta his bad slump, him and KD start playin real big, and drag the series to 6-7.... least get some National Attention on Russ (.... and this is assuming everyone out there in the nation understands what Durant did this year already.....
)

Joined Mar 1, 2007
Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Taj Gibson?
Taj doesn't count. He starts with us.

Averaging 9 points and 7 rebounds..

Don't know if he qualifies.

why wouldnt he? courtney started for orlando as well...i think taj is a great example

Joined Nov 17, 2007
i'd go with my main man DeJuan - the NBA left him for dead in the draft except RC Buford took a chance and i think it's paid off. all dejuan needs is another 20/20 game just this time in the playoffs

Joined May 14, 2005
good thread.
Top candidates: Roddy Beaubois

There goes your answer. He been getting that quiet "he could actually be a beast if given more minutes" buzz all year.

Ty isnt slept on enough. Blair cant get "overhyped" b/c he actaully is a beast.

Maynor isnt gonna get the chance to shine because Rus Westbrook is gonna get all the praise for completely destroying LA's slow PG's (<my pick for "breakout" player in the first round.)

do be doo

Banned
Joined Mar 13, 2009
To everyone that said Dejuan Blair   

I agree

but he is not overhype so chill...

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now