Rodney Stuckey in '08, Courtney Lee in '09, __________ in '10?

pg2_ap_rstuckey2_576.jpg

nba_g_lee_576.jpg

Last couple of years there seems to be a rookie on a playoff team that has a good showing and gets overhyped by the media/fans. Who will it be this year?

Requirements:
Rookie was not picked in the lottery (so that means James Harden and Brandon Jennings aren't candidates)
Rookie was good, but forgettable for most of the season
Rookie will have an impact during the playoffs (ex: filling in for another player or simply raising his level of play)

Top candidates: Eric Maynor, Roddy Beaubois and Wesley Matthews

Does it have to be a rookie? Remember the old days when dudes like Austin Croshere and Ty Lue got shine off doing a little something (in Lue's case, doing nothing really...) in the Finals?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Does it have to be a rookie? Remember the old days when dudes like Austin Croshere and Ty Lue got shine off doing a little something (in Lue's case, doing nothing really...) in the Finals?
laugh.gif
I think that falls under an entirely different umbrella of players nearing the end of their rookie contract playing for long term contract.

Current candidates for this include Tyrus Thomas, Jordan Farmar and J.J. Redick.

Although not a rookie, I think Jerryd Bayless is the likely candidate. He's had a few big games this year, but for the most part he's been inconsistent. Since Brandon Roy is out he may get more minutes, have a couple of big games and everyone will think he's a starter..

Bayless and Stuckey arent really point guards IMO

Is Ty Lawson gona play meaningful minutes? If so, I'll throw his name into the mix.

So he aint a rookie but I say Russy Westbrook gets outta his bad slump, him and KD start playin real big, and drag the series to 6-7.... least get some National Attention on Russ (.... and this is assuming everyone out there in the nation understands what Durant did this year already.....
grin.gif
)

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Taj Gibson?
Taj doesn't count. He starts with us.

Averaging 9 points and 7 rebounds..

Don't know if he qualifies.

why wouldnt he? courtney started for orlando as well...i think taj is a great example

i'd go with my main man DeJuan - the NBA left him for dead in the draft except RC Buford took a chance and i think it's paid off. all dejuan needs is another 20/20 game just this time in the playoffs

good thread.
Top candidates: Roddy Beaubois

There goes your answer. He been getting that quiet "he could actually be a beast if given more minutes" buzz all year.

Ty isnt slept on enough. Blair cant get "overhyped" b/c he actaully is a beast.

Maynor isnt gonna get the chance to shine because Rus Westbrook is gonna get all the praise for completely destroying LA's slow PG's (<my pick for "breakout" player in the first round.)

To everyone that said Dejuan Blair   

I agree

33p8yz7.gif

but he is not overhype so chill...
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom