Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

Ariza aint that sweet. He had a good season but I doubt he will put on next year the way he did with the lakers. Yall act like the Lakers givea *%$ aboutlosing him. They got the best front office in the league imo. They got money, they can have whoever they desire and pay them penuts if they want to. Whodoesn't wana be apart of the Lake Show. What the hell were they gonna Pay Ariza for. Ariza lost.

damn the Lakers are stacked!
ohwell.gif

congrats to lakers fans but bad for the rest of us
laugh.gif

ARTEST is a great pickup....ON PAPER!!!! As good a defender and can create his own shot ETC, ETC.....

Those who are talking about 2 more chips before the season starts are BUGGIN.....They play the games for a reason...

I think people are underestimating TEAM CHEMISTRY a whoole lot....This aint 2k9 or LIVE....

L.A.'s my squad so i'll root for them no matter who they wouldve signed...

BUT I REALLY DONT FEEL RIGHT ABOUT ARTEST JOINING THIS TEAM, WE HAD NO CHEMISTRY PROBLEMS LAST YEAR....

NOW I'LL BE ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT, PRAYIN RON DOESNT GO CRAZY.....HOPEFULLY BYNUM GETS BACK TO PRE-INJURY FORM...

I just found out it is a fulle 5 year MLE deal. Better deal for both sides IMO. 5 years at around $32-33 million.

Lakers reach agreement to add Ron Artest to squad
By David Aldridge, TNT Analyst
Posted Jul 3 2009 8:33AM

The Los Angeles Lakers are not content to stand pat in defense of their latest championship.

They reached an agreement Thursday with Houston Rockets free agent forward Ron Artest on a five-year deal using the team's mid-level exception that wouldpay Artest a little more $32 million based on last season's mid-level amount of $5.585 million. Artest will have an out in the contract after the fourthseason, according to a source, and will be allowed to make the contract into a three-year deal if he changes his mind between now and next Wednesday, the firstofficial day that players can sign contracts for the 2009-10 season.

The 29-year-old Artest might be inclined to go for a shorter deal to give him the chance at another contract after this one expires. By signing for threeyears, Artest would regain his "Larry Bird" rights, which allow a team to go over the salary cap in order to re-sign its own players and pay thoseplayers an additional year's salary. That would also apply if Artest wanted to leave the Lakers after three years; he'd get an additional year if theLakers agreed to a sign-and-trade deal for him.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/02/artest.lakers/

As you can see I'm the one breaking these things early, then that other Offseason thread jacks the news later. Yes, I am very competitive.

the way i see it, is they can play artest the same way they used ariza.
where i see the huge improvement is when ron is on the floor and kobe is on the bench.
it was obvious last year that our bench play was stagnant, with ron being able to create for others and himself, our offense is THAT MORE POTENT.
which means guys like kobe and gasol can get their minutes cut.

people needa stop bringing up what ron did in his past.

i never hear anything bad about him towards his teammates that past couple years..since he was with sac

This is crazy, and I don't mean Ron Artest..

Why would you mess with the team you had , a team that won a championship?

Ron Artest has potentialy chemistry issues with Kobe Bryant.. I don't see this turning out well
and i love Ron Artest too

Originally Posted by kixtension

Ron Artest has potentialy chemistry issues with Kobe Bryant.. I don't see this turning out well
do your research

we didnt mess with the team.. ask ariza..we offered him that money..and he overrates himself thinking he should get more..so what are the lakers to do? but toget a replacement for ariza. and artest>ariza

Ariza needs to fire his stupid agent for pulling that nonsense without an exit strategy. The Lakers management called their bluff and Ariza was left with noother options, the whole league viewed Ariza as a mid-level player with upside and he was left with no other options but to sign with a weaker squad for thesame amount. Good luck Trevor! Welcome Artest...
pimp.gif

forgot to post in here yesterday....

man, this is crazy!
lakers might pull off back-to-back....
nerd.gif

but its too early to say that....

the way i looked at it:
orlando....
'yes, were going back to the finals and winning it, with VC!!'
happy.gif

lakers response.....
'we got artest, back-to-back....'
grin.gif

orlando....
indifferent.gif
sheeeiiittt!

and SHEED might go to boston? or orlando??
eek.gif

This pick up makes our team stronger...Can't wait till next season!
Greed got to Ariza.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Ron is the Pippen as to Kobe is the Jordan.
This can turn out really well.
Just dont care to see Cavs with Ariza cuz they still aint getting past boston or orlando.

fixed

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
I said it was full MLE a page back.

Nevertheless, good look on the article
Oh true franchise, I meant this thread against others rather than myself vs others. A lot of you been up on the updates before me especially you(I remember you noticed the RealGM tag when I only had a Tweet
laugh.gif
). So def good looks.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

the way i see it, is they can play artest the same way they used ariza.
where i see the huge improvement is when ron is on the floor and kobe is on the bench.
it was obvious last year that our bench play was stagnant, with ron being able to create for others and himself, our offense is THAT MORE POTENT.
which means guys like kobe and gasol can get their minutes cut.

This is basically what I feel. If Ron can conserve himself to the role that Ariza played but with more responsibilites on the defensive end, the Lakers arescary good. Even when Kobe is on the bench, I still think guys like Pau and Odom should have more of the scoring chances since they know the triangle system.But I presume Ron will eventually learn the system.

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's because Ariza and his agent balked at the MLE offer. So LA went to plan b
If the media asks Ariza why he didn't come back when the contracts are about the same I hope he goes on a rant about respect. Like AI'spractice.

from Ron's twitter:

fan says "@Real_Ron_Artest Have fun in LA. Who are you going to guard now that you're on the same team as Kobe?"

Artest responds "@EthanJaynes The Lakers girls. I don't like the way Battier looks at them."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kixtension

ask trevor ariza and his agent who makes master p look like scott boras they have the answer

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

from Ron's twitter:

fan says "@Real_Ron_Artest Have fun in LA. Who are you going to guard now that you're on the same team as Kobe?"

Artest responds "@EthanJaynes The Lakers girls. I don't like the way Battier looks at them."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

NobleKane wrote:
Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what the hell???
laugh.gif

roll.gif
michael, michael, michael u my n_

from Ron's twitter:

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

from Ron's twitter:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom