Rookie Moves You Made As A Newbie

Hello NT, I wanted to ask what rookie mistakes you all made when you first got into buying Jordans. My biggest mistake was, for whatever reason, I didnt want the Jordans w/ Nike Air. :wow:
embarassed.gif
I didnt understand the heritage of the shoe (this was in 1998-99) so I only bought Retro+ models that had the Jumpman all over in place of Nike Air. Anyone else make a "NEWBIE" move or mistake in the beginning of their buying/collecting "career" ? ? ? :nerd:
nerd.gif

I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

YEAH...THROWING AWAY THE BOXES TO MY FIRST 20 PAIRS....AND LETTING MY FIRST 20 PAIRS BECOME BEAT TO DEATH...
$$$$$$ I BUY J'S WHEN I WANT...HOW MANY I WANT $$$$$$​
I BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS SINCE DAY ONE...​

Neither of those are mistakes....

They may seem like mistakes in retrospect, but that was your preference at the time.

A mistake I made 5 years ago:
I purchased my 17's on sight... I bought my size that I wore in other shoes... BUT, I didn't try them on... They're too small. Always have been... so, they stayed DS in the case.

This thread is stupid

Need Videogames?

bidding on XVIII lows and i won the bid... luckily i was able to trade em for fire red III phew
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Mostly passing on good shoes...
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

I chose a replica McNabb jersey over the Black/Red VII's as a Christmas present back in 02' :smh:
smh.gif
*AO17*

My only mistake is throwing away my OG playoff XIIIs >:
mad.gif
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
TEAM XBOX360

choose Team Jordans over Vs because I liked the colors better

but that was 3 months before i started collecting

Buying Concord XI retros in 2000 in a size 9.5 knowing I was gonna grow out of them in like a year. I was in 8th grade at the time. I wear a 10.5 now and still wish I could wear them.
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

buying jeter officials over mist blue IV's.......stupidest mistake i have ever made.......smh at self :smh:
smh.gif

Passing on the Oly VII's and XIX SE's for a lebron and carmelo jersey
Megan is a Fox​
P-Town's Finest​
Tennessee Titans​

rockin OG heat till beat. Passing on certain stuff - Namley a pair of Black IIs at the outlets for 15 bucks. Also my boy offered me the bred XI and the CG XI DS for $200 back in 01 and I passed b/c I didn't have the loot at the time. Buying dubz, and the chartruse XIV half a size too small (I wasn't really a noob at the time of the last 2 but i was on a roll thinkin about mistakes)

Quote:
My only mistake is throwing away my OG playoff XIIIs
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif
I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

not taking release day serious enough!

laser iv's, DMP's!!

i wasn't able to get any space jams or concords when they came out but i now got a couple of pairs above retail.

i'm still trying to seal my game on getting stuff for retail on release day and also using discount codes such as free shipping and %dicsounts.

i haven't really made many mistakes, but one of my dudes that really ain't into shoes let a dude borrow his black/blue XVIIIs cuz the dude needed a pair of shoes one day. the borrower told my friend he would just buy em off him for retail and my friend agreed. the dude never paid. my friend told me like 2 weeks later he was just gonna give em to me cuz he didn't like em that much. :smh:
smh.gif
Air Force 1 Supreme size 11
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Buying a pair of fake @#%$ Jordan VII "Hares" off Ebay...
"Hey look it even has the card! it must be legit!" lol
But sold them to a friends friend for same price I paid basically so it's all good

225s for retro flints on release day. Buying fake black and red 11s for 100. :smh:
smh.gif
fortunately, i've never stepped out the house with them on
KB8 = MVP
WANTED: DS Retro XIVs size 9 or 9.5

i chose some team jordans over concords smh smh smh smh
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

my only mistake......not getting into the shoe game until 2 1/2 years ago, and missing out on all the OG's and good retro's

Back
Top Bottom