ROOM MATES OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES? HELP NEEDED...Vol. Pablo Escobar

At the moment I'm looking for 2 new room mates and been contacted by lots of different nationalities.
I have 2 questions;

*What nationalities have you roomed with before and would you say it was positive?
*I have 2 Colombian women coming next week to view the apartment, what are Colombians generally like?

Sensible responses please, nothing along the lines of 'double bubble butts' or 'Welcome to Sir Mix-a-Lot mansions'...heard that already. Thanks

PS: Before you say...generalisations are part true.

Proper spelling of their nationality would go a long way.

So you're a dude thats been contacted by two females?

roll.gif

but if two girls want to room with you, what is the problem bro?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

VERY high maintenance & materialistic
Funny you say that, a female boss of mine a few years back who is Colombian was exactly this.
She acted strange when she found out I had a girl too, I think she was interested.

if they are single women....are you prepared to have random guys walking through your house?

I'd suggest you sit and interview them and every single potential roommate

http://www.life123.com/ca...nterview-questions.shtml
Roommate Interview Questions
By: Dachary Carey, Staff Writer

Finding a compatible roommate can be a hassle, so it’s important to learn the right roommate interview questions to ask to avoid roommate problems down the road. When you’re interviewing potential roommates, consider these roommate interview questions:

Have you ever had roommates? What sort of roommate problems have you had in the past?
These two roommate interview questions go hand-in-hand. If a candidate has never had roommates, he or she may not have realistic expectations of how to behave and compromise in a roommate situation. Asking about former roommate problems reveals a lot about your potential roommate’s personality, and whether you’re likely to get along or constantly be on each other’s nerves.

What’s your schedule like?
If you’re sharing a bathroom or simply trying to find someone who won’t stay out all night or come in drunk and obnoxious at 3 a.m. and wake you up, asking this roommate interview question is vital. If you both leave at the same time in the morning, you don’t want to be competing for bathroom space. Conversely, if you’re looking for someone you’ll rarely see and you’re both willing to be fairly quiet and respectful, finding someone with a schedule opposite yours provides the best of both worlds.

Do you have a significant other? How often do you have guests?
This is another set of roommate interview questions designed to avoid roommate problems down the road. If you’re looking for one other person to share a fairly small apartment, the last thing you want is someone coming in and bringing along a girlfriend or boyfriend. It’s unreasonable to expect that your roommate will never have quests, but discuss ground rules or guidelines that make you both feel comfortable.

Do you play any instruments? What kind of music do you like?
Even in the best-insulated apartment, sounds travel. Music, in particular, is a big point of contention for many roommates. If you want to avoid roommate problems, ask these roommate interview questions to determine whether you and your roommate are musically compatible. If your potential roommate plays the drums and wants to practice at home, you might want to consider continuing your search.

How do you handle shared food and chores?
Some roommates prefer to buy completely separate food and label it, while other roommates buy their own food but share common staples, and yet other roommates share all the food and take turns shopping. The same principal applies to chores. Ask these roommate interview questions to establish a common set of expectations for food purchases, cooking and chores. This is a huge area where roommate problems commonly crop up, so be as specific as possible.

Other roommate interview questions
Other questions you might want to consider in order to avoid roommate problems include pets, smoking and drinking, furniture, lease terms, religion, work or any personal concerns you may have. Living with roommates can be difficult at times, so take the time to do your research and don’t be afraid to turn people down.

Originally Posted by J23S

This WILL turn into a race thread

It WILL turn into a race thread?

The purpose of this thread was to gather stereotypes for certain nationalities and for the OP to discriminate against them, and this WILL turn into a race thread? Interesting...

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

roll.gif

but if two girls want to room with you, what is the problem bro?
pimp.gif
I've with girls for the last 2 years (Swedish & Scottish). It's not all great as you may think. It can be (the Swedish girls were awesome) or be goddamn nightmare (Scottish, Internet date freak, random men at 4am).

Dirty - I didnt do this last time but now I'm interviewing every single one with questions similar to that you posted. Its not just about picking the one with the best looks. Guys (no Karamo) can view the place too so I'm not discriminating.

JayPesoz - what you've put has scared me a little, I dont do crazy females

i lived with an asian guy, a half asian guy, a black dude, 3 white dudes, 1 white woman, and a mexican

all of them had their own quirks but living with ANYBODY is hard. even if its your best friend. F a race....

Originally Posted by hawtsauce

i lived with an asian guy, a half asian guy, a black dude, 3 white dudes, 1 white woman, and a mexican

all of them had their own quirks but living with ANYBODY is hard. even if its your best friend. F a race....
cosizzle

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

JayPesoz - what you've put has scared me a little, I dont do crazy females

Not my words, that was Audi's addition to my quote
laugh.gif

^ Peeped that too.
laugh.gif

But yea I've with people of all backrounds, shoot I hate living with extended family more than strangers.
All ya'll need is respect, if you feel that both parties can adhere to the regulations then do it fam.

Originally Posted by Diego

Proper spelling of their nationality would go a long way.

So you're a dude thats been contacted by two females?

Knowing that he spelled their nationality correctly would have saved you this post by me

Everyone is different so you don't really know how they are until you get to know them. Just ask them question and let them tell you how they are to live with.

I don't see what they're nationality has to do with anything. My roommate freshman year was Chinese and Vietnamese. We had nothng in common and hardly talked but she was cool. I was never there and she was gone every weekend cuz her bf came to visit.

Update: in contact with one of them, but meeting her friend first to show the apartment this weekend. Shes really keen to see it. I think I maybe can get pics....

They are both high educated (one does politics and the other marketing), have masters degrees and are working in their fields. Just hoping they aint ugly
laugh.gif

I lived with a filipino/white dude and his gf, a black chick. It was cool until they started munching on my snacks and drinking my gatorade all the time. His chick always wanted to make the rules of the house(she doesnt even work). smh

Where do you live that two women with master degrees working in their field need to split the rent three ways with a stranger? Just wondering?

Back
Top Bottom