Rooting Evo 4G, Looking for assistance (will pay)

Hey, I'm going to root my Evo 4G, but honestly, I have no idea what to do, and I'm not trying to mess it up.
If someone is willing to help me through it (probably via AIM), I'd be willing to pay $10 to that person's Paypal account.

PM me if interested and have actually done it.

Hey, I'm going to root my Evo 4G, but honestly, I have no idea what to do, and I'm not trying to mess it up.
If someone is willing to help me through it (probably via AIM), I'd be willing to pay $10 to that person's Paypal account.

PM me if interested and have actually done it.

do it yourself
pimp.gif

Aside from the double tap issue with Swype (had to switch to Swiftkey), Gingerbread is a great upgrade...Battery life is 100 times better....Its been a while since Ive rooted a phone (I930
laugh.gif
), So Ive fallen off seriously, other than removing some stock programs can someone tell me the benefits of rooting an EVO? Real powerful phone to me, so I would like to know........

Aside from the double tap issue with Swype (had to switch to Swiftkey), Gingerbread is a great upgrade...Battery life is 100 times better....Its been a while since Ive rooted a phone (I930
laugh.gif
), So Ive fallen off seriously, other than removing some stock programs can someone tell me the benefits of rooting an EVO? Real powerful phone to me, so I would like to know........

Originally Posted by gambit215

laugh.gif
whoa, the upgrade actually helps with battery life?!?!?!  That would be awesome cuz this Evo battery life depresses me haha.

laugh.gif
whoa, the upgrade actually helps with battery life?!?!?!  That would be awesome cuz this Evo battery life depresses me haha.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
Put it to you this way, I got Battery Indicator Pro....If its on Full Charge, on a good night sleep (8 hours), I'll wake up with the battery around 85-87.....Everything is sleeker as far as the fonts and notifications on top, they use a black interface.....Apparently Gingerbread kills a program if it notices that is using too much power.........Like I said, Great Update..................

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
Put it to you this way, I got Battery Indicator Pro....If its on Full Charge, on a good night sleep (8 hours), I'll wake up with the battery around 85-87.....Everything is sleeker as far as the fonts and notifications on top, they use a black interface.....Apparently Gingerbread kills a program if it notices that is using too much power.........Like I said, Great Update..................

one of the good benefits of rooting is you can flash a kernel to your phone which helps your battery life (depends on which one you flash) and you can get free paid apps 
pimp.gif

one of the good benefits of rooting is you can flash a kernel to your phone which helps your battery life (depends on which one you flash) and you can get free paid apps 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom