Rose, Beasley, Mayo, or Gordon?

beasley should be the surefire #1 pick. key word is should, i hope some team (t-wolves) make a mistake and pass him up and my grizzlies can snatch him with the2nd pick. gay + beasley =
eek.gif

OJ is that dude.

"Beastly" is a stud. The only thing that concerns me with him is his height. Reminding me of Big Nasty. But I LOVE his game.

Rose is solid. He's impressing me more as we go along.

Gordon I haven't watched enough to comment.

Iight as a Knicks fan the only thing that i can really look forward to right now is that top tier pick coming at our way this summer (assuming Isiah doesnttrade it again for another bum, mayber we'll take Kwame Brown this time for our next 2 picks). I have been saying that i want one of the top 4 freshman. Ihonestly do not care which one, i would be so excited with any of them i love each of their games for different reasons. For the Knicks i have been leaning alittle bit harder on Derek Rose as of late, because i love this guys game he is quick and a crazy athlete but a floor general as well, and i figure if we arerebuilding, than what beeter way than the next franchise pg in the NBA? And him and crawfrod would be a nice backcourt. But you cant overlook Beasley who isthe best inside outside threat in a while in the draft, dude is a straight beast. But than you also got Mayo who is another pg but he is more of an old Marburyor a Gilbert Arenas, and his skills are so nice he is hard to overlook and another sick athlete. But there is no way i can leave out Eric Gordon, i wouldchoose him in an instant, but he is an undersized 2 who probably wont be able to run the point. But skillwise he is CRAZY. He got it all, sick power,athletism, and he is probably the best pure scorer, kid rains 3s like its his job. But at 6'4 it may be more convenient to get one of 2 PGs at around thatheight. I honestly cant choose a clear #1 right now. So i made this post...

Yes i know where each player will play will obviously etermine who gets picked, but the Knicks really dont have %@%$ right now and although a franchise PG isprobably the #1 need, i cant overlook these other guys. From 1-4 how would yalls rank how good these guys are, and how big of an impact these dudes will make.Regardless of what team they play for.

Beasley, Gordon, Rose, Mayo.....I might get flamed, but Beasley looks like a young Derrick Coleman (Syracuse)....I think this is a guy who will be a premier 4in the NBA in due time. He has one of the most unique skill sets that I have seen in a while. With a little refinement, he is going to dominate. I just thinkBeasley is the type of player which franchises will build around....he is that good...and if I am the Knicks, I would take him with the #1 if I had the pick.Even though u got Z-Bo at the 4, Beasley is too good to pass up....

1. Beasley- Look at the stats alone.
2. Gordon- Guaranteed 20-30ppg guard, working on that D
3. Rose- Leader, team oriented with endless potential
4. Mayo- Has that pure, raw talent, lacks proper coaching, discipline = NBA Star

Just my 2 cents...

I wouldn't want Mayo anywhere near my team. He has sort of that Marbury look to him. I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to do great things, but atthis point he just seems like way too much flash over substance.

Mayo will be the best pro.

His offense is not polished, but the last few games he has taken a step back and relied on his teammates.

Mayo is used to taking over and doing what he pleases, relying heavily on that raw talent. He can't get away with that at this level or at any level aboveHS ball. When he is on the big stage, he wants to take control and shoulder the burden, often causing him to make mistakes (bad shot selection and turnovers).

He is coachable, from what I see, and he has bought into Tim Floyd's defensive minded philosophy. His defense has been outstanding and it is oftenoverlooked. Then again, nobody cares about defense anymore, especially in the NBA.

Right now Gordon. The way he scores is crazy. The rest of the freshmen are solid. OJ is a good player, but hasn't had a crazy game that's convinced mehe worth the hype. Rose kind of disappointed me earlier this year in that head to head matchup with OJ, but his athleticism is kind of crazy. Beasley is solid,he's the go to man on his team, probably going to end up conference POY, but in the back of my head I'm thinking he's undersized for the A withthose moves, but that's neither here nor there.

Shouts PS 28
The Backyard
Live Since 95

I haven't seen Beasley or Gordon, but I've seen plenty of Rose @ Memphis and Mayo at USC.

And I doubt that that the game comes to Beasley or Gordon as smoothly as it does Mayo. He makes it look effortless. But he's still a raw talent, as othershave mentioned already. He still seems to have that 'me > we' mentality, and he still has moments where he prefers flash over substance. (Don'targue with me, Kiddin. I know he's one of your Huntington, WV boys.
tongue.gif
)

Rose is nice, too, though. I really, REALLY like his game. Honestly, if I were given the choice between the two, I could be persuaded to take Rose. Itwouldn't be an easy decision, like "Oh, I'd definitely take Rose," but dude is no slouch at basketball. I like him.

Like I said, I haven't had a chance to see Beasley or Gordon yet.

If you need a superstar; Mayo

If you need someone to keep a team full of stars happy; Rose

Even tho we have Acie IV, Rose would look GREAT in an Atlanta Hawks Uni, we need to trade with someone for a Lotto pick.

The only thing that concerns me with him is his height.
He's 6-9 and projects a 4/3 in the pros...whats wrong with his height?

As for the debate...Beasley is head and shoulders among all those dudes as far as professional potential goes. He's different from the rest in thatphysically...he is a man child. That kid already has an NBA body with a pro game to go with it. There is SOOOOO much more to his game than what he hasshowcased so far. He plays the post at KSt because he has to anchor that awful offense but he's also a wing. He can put it on the floor...he can shootit...he can defend (when he wants)...there just isnt much you can do to stop him...his biggest problem is his mentality OFF THE COURT.

If i had to rank them

1 - Beasley
2a - Rose
2b - Gordon
4 - Mayo

Rose is the prototypical point guard. Big, strong, fast, extremely athletic and can see the floor. I think he's a can't miss pro. Over time he willlearn that he can't always get by on his athleticism which he's finding out now...Once he gains more poise and eliminates some of that erratic play hehas a tendency to fall into he'll be a star. Gordon is probably the best scorer out of the group. Im just interested in how he will effect the game on thenext level beyond that. Right now...i'd say he translates as a bigger...stronger...more athletic Ben Gordon. I want to see Sampson make him the primaryballhandler at IU to develop his skills as a lead guard. He doesnt have to be an elite passer like a CP3 or a Kidd...but if he can hold that point guard slotand be in control with it...he'd be right on the same level with Rose. Mayo has the tenacity and the swagger of a superstar...and the attention to go withit...but as far as skills go...I see nothing about his game that makes him better than the other three. Gordon is a better scorer than Mayo...he can doeverything Mayo cans but the thing that separates them is Gordon's range. Mayo is never going to be as good at running the point as Rose...he's not abeast like Beasley is physically. I think the only way he becomes better than the other three is his work ethic. Depending on how much work he puts in...hecould be better than all of them. But everything im basing my opinion on about their pro potential is just based on skill level

He's 6-9 and projects a 4/3 in the pros...whats wrong with his height?

As for the debate...Beasley is head and shoulders among all those dudes as far as professional potential goes. He's different from the rest in that physically...he is a man child. That kid already has an NBA body with a pro game to go with it. There is SOOOOO much more to his game than what he has showcased so far. He plays the post at KSt because he has to anchor that awful offense but he's also a wing. He can put it on the floor...he can shoot it...he can defend (when he wants)...there just isnt much you can do to stop him...his biggest problem is his mentality OFF THE COURT.

If i had to rank them

1 - Beasley
2a - Rose
2b - Gordon
4 - Mayo

Rose is the prototypical point guard. Big, strong, fast, extremely athletic and can see the floor. I think he's a can't miss pro. Over time he will learn that he can't always get by on his athleticism which he's finding out now...Once he gains more poise and eliminates some of that erratic play he has a tendency to fall into he'll be a star. Gordon is probably the best scorer out of the group. Im just interested in how he will effect the game on the next level beyond that. Right now...i'd say he translates as a bigger...stronger...more athletic Ben Gordon. I want to see Sampson make him the primary ballhandler at IU to develop his skills as a lead guard. He doesnt have to be an elite passer like a CP3 or a Kidd...but if he can hold that point guard slot and be in control with it...he'd be right on the same level with Rose. Mayo has the tenacity and the swagger of a superstar...and the attention to go with it...but as far as skills go...I see nothing about his game that makes him better than the other three. Gordon is a better scorer than Mayo...he can do everything Mayo cans but the thing that separates them is Gordon's range. Mayo is never going to be as good at running the point as Rose...he's not a beast like Beasley is physically. I think the only way he becomes better than the other three is his work ethic. Depending on how much work he puts in...he could be better than all of them. But everything im basing my opinion on about their pro potential is just based on skill level
nice breakdown..

but do you think B Easy is head and shoulders above rose?

I haven't seen enough Beasley. However, Gordon seems like he is the only one not having problems putting up numbers.
This makes me think his mental game is strong. Im a Rose fan but I 'm upset with his lack luster effort to create his own or a strive to take over.
He has had a couple 20+ games but I feel he can do better. I dont know if I'm completely sold on Mayo yet. But my list is

-Rose
-Beasley
-Gordon
-Mayo

if they all come out which most likely they will i like Gordon. he can score at will. he would be the front runner for ROY. there is just something aboutbeasley that doesnt convince me.

Back
Top Bottom