Roy Hibberts post game interview...No Homo

Yo, I was wondering how you guys felt about Roy Hibbert getting fined 75k for using "No Homo" during a post game interview, in what I thought was a really none Offensive way... People are getting way to sensitive.

In today's entertainment business and the social app world, if its a hot topic, as in being talked about, whether its good, bad, neutral, the big guys at the top have to acknowledge it and keep it PC

nobody that is in charge of something this big (the nba) has balls to say it wasn't that serious. Any backlash is bad for image/business.

He should've said pause lol. That could've slipped away. But the mfers can't be left unpunished.

It's been discussed in the sports forum... but he was an idiot for saying it, especially in front of the press.

It was immature and dumb. It wasn't like he went on a homophobic rant, but it was just a stupid thing to say... that didn't need to be said. An accidental slip of the tongue? Pay your fine and let it be a lesson to watch your words to the press. Trying to be funny and get a laugh? Ehh, try harder.

I like roys game but I think he tries to hard for laughs and attention. When they lose he goes on his tuff guy rants n noone takes his ackward *** serious.

Nate Robinson said it when he was with the Celtics after they beat LeBron and the Cavs and nothing happened to him.....

Last edited:
Yo, I was wondering how you guys felt about Roy Hibbert getting fined 75k for using "No Homo" during a post game interview, in what I thought was a really none Offensive way... People are getting way to sensitive.

Homo is an offensive term. It's crazy that someone can get fined 75k for being offensive, but it comes with the territory I suppose.

Last edited:
I just think it's kinda ridiculous.
I mean most of us grew up in the dipset ear and I'm pretty sure everyone remembers how widely the slang was used.
I don't ever remember anyone really using it to hurt or make anyone or make someone feel bad so I personal never gave it a second thought.

Last edited:
It wasn't just for the "no homo" part.

He also said ************ and "I don't care if I get fined".

75k is steep tho.

Last edited:
He got fined heavily because he said no homo. I guess it comes with the territory of being a NBA player. :smh:

i didn't see the video, but with this being 2013 and if groan (straight) men still feel compelled to say "no homo" on tv in an interview, then they deserve to be fined.

I pretty sure everyone on nt has said No Homo at least once in their lifes.

You saying it to your friends at a Taco Bell is not the same thing as an NBA player saying it to the media. He's an athlete who represents a business and he's treated accordingly. He also used profanity in the same press conference. Other than a few who are going overboard, most people aren't having a meltdown over this. He said something stupid, he got fined, that's the end of the story.

I dont see how the word, "no homo" is offensive

Its like "thats what she said"

I hate when something is so cool and everyone is saying it, and then you are all of a sudden a lame if you say it.

This is not just slang, just everything in life.

Who decides when it is cool and who decides when it is no longer cool smh

Back
Top Bottom