Roy Jones vs Bernard Hopkins

Would of never known if I didn't see the commercial just seconds ago.

laugh.gif

The actual concerning part of this to me is that the commission is allowing this fight to happen. RJJ got knocked out in the FIRST round against Danny Green and B-Hop is probably a top-5, at least top-10 fighter, how does this get sanctioned? After 40 they just assume the playing field is level? 

Originally Posted by 01heavencent

The actual concerning part of this to me is that the commission is allowing this fight to happen. RJJ got knocked out in the FIRST round against Danny Green and B-Hop is probably a top-5, at least top-10 fighter, how does this get sanctioned? After 40 they just assume the playing field is level? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

laugh.gif
@ at these guys yellin on each other over voicemail being a promo

roll.gif
Thought I was hearing things then I peep the TV and see April 3 and their names
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Unless the PPV price includes a time machine to go back to 1995, I want no parts of this.

exactly.  These dudes coulda made so much loot if they would have done this A LOT sooner. 

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Unless the PPV price includes a time machine to go back to 1995, I want no parts of this.

exactly.  These dudes coulda made so much loot if they would have done this A LOT sooner. 

word..but Roy was being a weenie ducking and dodging. Giving Bhops some lame deal. Talkin bout 60/40 knowing damn well Bhops won't take it.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

word..but Roy was being a weenie ducking and dodging. Giving Bhops some lame deal. Talkin bout 60/40 knowing damn well Bhops won't take it.

laugh.gif
it was both of them.  Way back before the Trinidad fight and after the Trinidad fight.  Dudes have two huge egos and both kept pricing themselves out.  Both thought they deserve the bigger cut.

Roy needs to just concentrate on his family and getting his son ready to box, hope he has the same swagger as his dad. Roy's going to get executed, it's not gonna be good, but I will definitely stream it haha.

Originally Posted by 0cks

laugh.gif
@ at these guys yellin on each other over voicemail being a promo

roll.gif

"You mean to tell me it took 5-6years for us to be even talking about the fight...GOODNIGHT" 

Originally Posted by BgL2687

His fault. Its not Roys responsibility to look out for him financially. Dont get me wrong, they are two of my favorite fighters of all time I would have loved to seen them fight in their primes. Even with Hops undefeated streak after he lost to Roy, Roy was THE dude at that point. He was the money maker, he's who everybody wanted to see. If anybody is at fault for that fight happening its Hops. He should have taken that 40% fought Roy, and IF he could beat him, then he can start demanding more money.

I really dont want this to happen now though Hop is gona try to destroy Roy after all these years.

^ They were going to fight at 160 and Hopkins was the man there with all 4 belts and the Ring magazine middleweight belt, 50/50 should have gotten it done.  Even if they were fighting at 168.  Don't act like Jr wasn't fighting a bunch of tomato cans now...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Just another reminder of how dead the sport is.

Come on now
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom