ROY: Stephen Curry or Tyreke Evans

I am curious who everybody thinks is going to win Rookie of the Year this season.. Stephen Curry or Tyreke Evans?? Or perhaps you might feel someone else is worthy of this award.

I am biased since I am a Warrior fan, but I think Stephen Curry may have the upper hand right now going into the last month and a half of the season especially because of his play over the last few weeks.

Darren Collison.

Real answer: Stephen Curry. But Collison has been playing better than anyone dating back a month or so.

That is true.. Collison has been playing out of his mind lately since Paul went down with injury..

It's not gonna be Brandon Jennings, homie shot himself outta the running

I think tyreke is going to receive it. That guy steph Curry is nice tho. Why does he look like a middle school student ? He def. needs to gain some weight this coming off season

But once Paul comes back hes not going to get the same look he has.

You have to be consistent all yaer long, not just 2 months.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

For now it's Tyreke, but Curry is catching up. A lot of basketball to be played.
Pretty much. Tyreke has been consistent for pretty much the whole season. Jennings was hot in the beginning and is ice cold now. Curry was cold in the beginning and is heating it up now. A bit of inconsistency from Curry lately though.

exactly bang.. so no collison.. jennings definitely took himself out the running.. i think its definitely a two-horse race for Now.. still some bball to be played tho

I have league pass and have the opportunity to listen to road commentary for all of the Kings game.  All of the commentators around the league think Evans is ROY with no question.  Granted I'm in the Bay Area and Warriors games are blacked out and I got Sacramento commentary for the last Milwaukee game, Evans seems to be the consensus around the league.  Especially if he finishes 20-5-5, he is guaranteed to get it (only Oscar Robinson, Lebron, and Jordan did that their rookie years--all the announcers talk about this).

Personally, I don't think it's close. If you want to talk Curry and you agree with the premise that the ROY award is about consistency, just look at season averages. Evans averages 5 more points, more assists, more rebounds, and shoots a higher percentage. If you want to talk about things that don't get in box scores, Evans is a much better defender and has hit 3 gamewinners off the top of my head (Nuggets--fadeaway on Nene and Martin, Bucks--shook up Bogut for a reverse layup, and a steal on Arenas against Washington--not a shot, but that won the game). And if you want to talk about "heating up recently," Evans just had 28 points and 13 assists the last game. Lastly, despite both teams behing horrid, the Kings actually have a better record than the Warriors. I'm not sure what more there is to say.

And Jennings has been out of it for a long time. He shoots 37% (to Evans 47%), averages 4 less points per game, and only averages 0.5 assists better than Evans.

id say tyreke easily.

been the most consistant through out the whole year.

BJ did good first month, now hes irrelevant.

Stephen curry wasant much first half..now hes heating up...but like BJ's case...doing good for a while dont mean you're the winner

Collison..finally getting PT

Tyreke> *

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

id say tyreke easily.

been the most consistant through out the whole year.

BJ did good first month, now hes irrelevant.

Stephen curry wasant much first half..now hes heating up...but like BJ's case...doing good for a while dont mean you're the winner

Collison..finally getting PT

Tyreke> *

This.

good point Beats05.. although Steph can get close to the 20-5-5.. he's points per game have risen more then 3.0 points in the last two months and his rebounds are only off by .8 and his assists are already above 5 per game.. so it is possible for him to reach that threshold.. if he was to reach it, would it be fair to have a CO-ROYs?

Evans would have to fall off and Curry would have to not only continue his great play, but he'd have to improve for me.

It's Tyreke's award to lose.

Back
Top Bottom