ROYAL FOAMS '11 QUALITY ISSUE?? HELP!?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Funny you had that problem, I had a whack problem with my pewters.
Keep in mind I'm about 5'7 160, used these just for casual walking. �SMH, luckily they were only 100 since I got them on the EA 50

honestly i'd rather have my kicks squeek instead of fall apart from wear.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by premiumkickkicker

same thing happened to my royals. thought it was cuz i have wide feet
and what happened to them? did the rip finally cross over through to the other side and did the shoes completely unravel as a result of this initial 2cm rip??? idk, i'm just worried about my 200+ dollar investment. i'm used to paying a buck something for *!$+!% quality jordans.... that i'm aware of.... but i didn't know nike was cutting down the quality of all their products??? thought this was just a JB argument. i'm getting so disappointed in sneakers nowadays, man.

Originally Posted by premiumkickkicker

same thing happened to my royals. thought it was cuz i have wide feet
and what happened to them? did the rip finally cross over through to the other side and did the shoes completely unravel as a result of this initial 2cm rip??? idk, i'm just worried about my 200+ dollar investment. i'm used to paying a buck something for *!$+!% quality jordans.... that i'm aware of.... but i didn't know nike was cutting down the quality of all their products??? thought this was just a JB argument. i'm getting so disappointed in sneakers nowadays, man.

It is well known that quality of made in Taiwan > made in China. It seems all Faoms are made in China now.

It is well known that quality of made in Taiwan > made in China. It seems all Faoms are made in China now.

My cough drops makes noises when I wear them. One pair of my blue foams has a little cut where yours is but mine looks like it was done with a razor. Can't see it unless you bend the shoe. My other pair of blue foams has no problems with them. Won't know if they makes noises like my cough drops because I'm keeping them ds

My cough drops makes noises when I wear them. One pair of my blue foams has a little cut where yours is but mine looks like it was done with a razor. Can't see it unless you bend the shoe. My other pair of blue foams has no problems with them. Won't know if they makes noises like my cough drops because I'm keeping them ds

I thought I was just me but I have the same dang cut in basically the same spot. Nike messing up with the quality on these but i don't want to send them in since I like these but this is so garbage.

I thought I was just me but I have the same dang cut in basically the same spot. Nike messing up with the quality on these but i don't want to send them in since I like these but this is so garbage.

so, everyone with the same cut, does it get worse? if it stays the same size and doesnt get any worse then ill quit my griping. (still doesnt make it right for 200$ sneakers to fall apart) but it is barely noticeable when im wearing them, it looks like a piece of lint honestly until you bend the shoe or spread it open like a cooter. im in the same position you are... i want to send them in and complain but i know i wont get them back.

so, everyone with the same cut, does it get worse? if it stays the same size and doesnt get any worse then ill quit my griping. (still doesnt make it right for 200$ sneakers to fall apart) but it is barely noticeable when im wearing them, it looks like a piece of lint honestly until you bend the shoe or spread it open like a cooter. im in the same position you are... i want to send them in and complain but i know i wont get them back.

hope things work out for you. but i am pretty sure that nike wouldnt offer a voucher for this, they would claim this is a cosmetic/physical/wear issue ie: (yellowing, creasing, broke laces) and not their product failing ie: (sole falling off, air bubble leaking, tread separation)

hope things work out for you. but i am pretty sure that nike wouldnt offer a voucher for this, they would claim this is a cosmetic/physical/wear issue ie: (yellowing, creasing, broke laces) and not their product failing ie: (sole falling off, air bubble leaking, tread separation)

friend of mines called me saying his pair, along with his brother-in-laws pair of royals both had some cuts around the eyelets. this must be what he was talking about. add 2 more pairs with this defect. he was taking them back to ntny for vouchers.

friend of mines called me saying his pair, along with his brother-in-laws pair of royals both had some cuts around the eyelets. this must be what he was talking about. add 2 more pairs with this defect. he was taking them back to ntny for vouchers.

Originally Posted by maxpapic

that's what i want to do man but i won't be able to grab the royal foams again!! unless there is a mysterious royal blue restock coming but i highly doubt that. i think im going to call the nt i got them from and explain the problem. see if it's even worth me going to the store. if they redirect me to nike corporate returns then ill see what they try to offer me. if they can look up their vendors and see if there is another pair in stock somewhere then im down for it but if they take my foams away and tell me here's another pair, i'm not sure if ill be down for that. only thing that would HUMBLE me (i said humble me, not satisfy me) would be if they offer a voucher without the return of my product. meaning i get to keep my royals until they disintergrate and get my true blue iii's 2/3 paid for.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by maxpapic

that's what i want to do man but i won't be able to grab the royal foams again!! unless there is a mysterious royal blue restock coming but i highly doubt that. i think im going to call the nt i got them from and explain the problem. see if it's even worth me going to the store. if they redirect me to nike corporate returns then ill see what they try to offer me. if they can look up their vendors and see if there is another pair in stock somewhere then im down for it but if they take my foams away and tell me here's another pair, i'm not sure if ill be down for that. only thing that would HUMBLE me (i said humble me, not satisfy me) would be if they offer a voucher without the return of my product. meaning i get to keep my royals until they disintergrate and get my true blue iii's 2/3 paid for.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by smzsmz

Keep in mind I'm about 5'7 160, used these just for casual walking. �SMH, luckily they were only 100 since I got them on the EA 50

ohwell.gif

It was for the sake of discussion about quality issues
eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

okay, so, i have a pair of jordan pearl blue low top 9's where the sole fell off. literally. the heel separated from the rest of the upper. would this be a valid return for a voucher or are they going to claim that the sneakers are "too old"?

from my experience, nike has a lifetime guarantee on all their products. (timberland as well) i had a pair of jordan navy xvi's and the sole cracked in half and the air cushions fell out of the sneaker. not sure how long i had them for but it was a long time before i returned the sneaker to them and it was indeed deemed as a quality issue. my xvi's disappeared because i had to mail them in ( i loved my xvi's
mad.gif
 ) but they gave me a voucher for full price in which i copped 2 pairs of low top 9's at the time and it just so happens that one of those pairs is the pair with the detatched sole. smh.

long story short, should i try to voucher exchange for the detactched sole 9's?? i been meaning to try but i kee thinking they might not honor the return. what do you think?

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

okay, so, i have a pair of jordan pearl blue low top 9's where the sole fell off. literally. the heel separated from the rest of the upper. would this be a valid return for a voucher or are they going to claim that the sneakers are "too old"?

from my experience, nike has a lifetime guarantee on all their products. (timberland as well) i had a pair of jordan navy xvi's and the sole cracked in half and the air cushions fell out of the sneaker. not sure how long i had them for but it was a long time before i returned the sneaker to them and it was indeed deemed as a quality issue. my xvi's disappeared because i had to mail them in ( i loved my xvi's
mad.gif
 ) but they gave me a voucher for full price in which i copped 2 pairs of low top 9's at the time and it just so happens that one of those pairs is the pair with the detatched sole. smh.

long story short, should i try to voucher exchange for the detactched sole 9's?? i been meaning to try but i kee thinking they might not honor the return. what do you think?

So it's right where it creases? Is it there when it's brand brand new? Sounds like it may be some really thin and cheap materials.. Is it like a synthetic nubuck or napless suede type material?

So it's right where it creases? Is it there when it's brand brand new? Sounds like it may be some really thin and cheap materials.. Is it like a synthetic nubuck or napless suede type material?

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom