RULES-GUIDELINES-TIPS-REPORT FAKES-etc!

Welcome to the Jordan Brand Price/Legit check forum! We are excited to bring you a forum dedicated to all your price and legit check questions pertaining to Jordan Brand footwear. Here, you can ask how much the current market value is on a particular Jordan shoe as well as checking if a Jordan shoe is real or fake. The Jordan Brand Forum was being flooded daily with these types of posts so in order to better assist our members, this forum was created to serve you. It will also open up the JB forum so members can actually see all the great amount of info they may have missed due to price/legit check posts swarming the forum.

This forum is intended to educate and assist our members, so I encourage everybody to help out the best they can. Not everybody here on Niketalk is a sneaker connoisseur, so we must take the time to lend a helping hand. We were all new to the shoe game once, and we learned from other people.

However, as with any forum here on Niketalk, we have a certain set of rules and guidelines that we expect our members to abide by. If people follow these rules, we can help our members become better educated in checking prices and authenticity of Jordan shoes.

Be curteous. People come to Niketalk to get info and become better educated in the footwear hobby. Nothing is ever too obvious. Remember, that not everybody can spot why a particular shoe is fake or reason why a shoe is going for $300, so be kind and help people understand your reponse.

With that said, I hope everybody can benefit from this new forum and help out other Niketalkers along the way.

Thanks,

ijapino

"If you say 'last shots or breds', you better be talking about alcohol or Wonderbread."

remembering it again, hype gears up again. However, supply has been steadily decreasing and so the prices go up. A good example is the laser IV's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, when a shoe's price stays stagnate for a while but the shoe is still coveted, expect the price to shoot up sometime in the near future. There's always the calm before the tempest.

7: Fads. This goes along with the paragraph before this one. You'll notice certain shoes become hyped up on NT and within the shoe "community" in general. A good example is whatever new Jordan has just came out. Every release warrants alot of hype, but then once the next new release drops, people tend to forget about the previous one. Fads have much more to do with pure snowballing of hype, than the actual shoe.

8: Wait for an opportunity to price check. If you absolutely cannot figure out a shoe's price, then wait for a good opportunity to tack the question on to a reply in a post related to that shoe (be it a pickup, appreciation, collection post...whatever). Make it relevant of course. Don't go, "Dope OLY VI's" in a post about VI's and then ask, "How much are the Grape V's running these days?".

9: Don't pay more than you think something's worth, don't sell for less than you think something's worth. Everybody is going to have different set prices on shoes. Buy what makes you happy. If that means spending a little more than "market" value, then so be it. A shoe is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for 'em. Just because someone answered your question with a specific price amount on a certain shoe, doesn't mean that's how much they will go for.

(I'd like to thank embsf, and Slam Ed for contributing these useful tips in a past post.)

[/quote][/b]1: Feel free to ask/answer questions reguarding the authenticity of a Jordan Brand shoe. But please respect everybody's questions. Not everybody can easily tell the difference if a Jordan XI is real or fake, so have an open mind and help them out. We were all new to the shoe game once and with the amount of fake shoes flooding the market, it gets harder to tell each day.

2: Don't just answer someone's question with a one-word reply such as "fake". Explain WHY a shoe is fake so they can become better knowledgeable. Remember, the whole point of this forum is to help out other Niketalkers. This is your chance to show off your sneaker knowledge! One-word responses don't do anything if they're not helpful. If we see members continuing to post these type of replies, we're gonna assume you're just free posting or trolling. And you will be warned.

3: If a question has been answered and the majority has voted whether or not a shoe is real or fake, I may close the post. Theres no reason why answers need to be posted over and over again in the same thread. If I see 10 legits in a row...locked. If I see a split somewhere down the middle, I may keep it open till we can get a solid answer. If a shoe is OBVIOUSLY fake and reasons have been explained, I may lock it after only a few replies. This will all depend on the situation.

If I've locked a post and you have a legitimate reason for me to re-open it, feel free to pm me to my ezinbox or email staff@niketalk.com, and I'll gladly look into it.

4: Please do not post links directing to auctions, unless the auction has already ended. Post the pictures instead! We don't want to hurt someone's chances at getting a pair of shoes at a decent price.We also don't want to encourage members in buying fake shoes. If we see a link directing to an auction, we will delete it on sight.

5: Please do not post pictures directly linked to a website that sells fake merchandise. I know some people may not know, and we hope you understand if a certain link gets deleted. The mods/admins will do our best to explain why something has been deleted, or locked.

6: Bottom line...Promotion of fakes is S-T-R-I-C-T-L-Y PROHIBITED!

Read this link: here.

Thanks to Nikethestick91 for these helpful tips:

Here are some tips on how you can determine if a pair of shoes is legit.

Air-Jordans.com

This is the best site to go to if you need to tell if a pair of shoes is fake or not. It provides many different views of just about every Air Jordan ever made. It also has other useful information such as release dates, retail prices, production numbers, and production factories. Note: This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer.

Retrokid.com's "View All" page

This site doesn't have every Air Jordan listed, but the ones that it does have feature very high quality pictures of many different views of the shoe. It also includes a small writeup about each shoe, and other useful information.

eBay.com

eBay is also a good way to see if your shoes are legit. To see if your shoes are real or not, you can go to a known legit sellers selling page, and see if he is selling a pair of shoes that you are trying to determine the authenticity of. You can also look at his feedback to see if he has sold something that you're looking for that he doesn't currently have. Also, if you're looking to buy a pair of shoes from an eBay seller, look at the other items that he is selling. If he has a full size run of white/black IV's, chances are that they're fake. Also look at their feedback. If they have a bunch of negatives saying that the shoes were fake, then it's probably a good idea to stay away from that seller. For a list of legit and fake sellers, go here.

Another tip I have, is that the most tell-tale sign that a shoe is fake is the tag. Fake tags usually have different fonts than real ones, and different production numbers as well.

I hope these tips can help you out, and hopefully prevent you from buying a fake pair of shoes. :smile:
smile.gif

"I'm not addicted to shoes, they're addicted to me!"

Quote:
Okay Im no mod, just a regular NTer like most of us here, but I post in this section of NikeTalk quite frequently and there's always a few things that make me hesitate. I feel I speak for a lot of the Team No Fugazi members and a few other people who constantly try to check the legit check, so I've come up with a few rules I think should be followed:

1) When stating a shoe, PLEASE SPECIFY THE YEAR ALSO!

example: Black/Cement III's FROM 2001, not just black/cement IIIs

2) Please also state the exact model!

example: metallic V's
are you talking about the black/metallics or the white/metallics?

3) OG or Retro??? (similar to rule #1 and #2, but different in its own ways)

dont just say: Bred XII, please state whether it's the OG or the retro

4) not necessarily a must, but it would greatly help:
PICS for NON-DS shoes, it's really hard to judge for a price with no pics

5) STATE SIZE AND WHAT IT COMES WITH
an extremely huge size is less likely to sell as many as a regular size, so the price will be different, also, if the shoe is missing something, such as the retro card or OG laces, it degrades the value so please include that!

6) similar to #4 because it's not necessarily a must, but please provide TAGGED pics, we dont want to judge a pair of shoes with untagged pics and say theyre legit, next thing you know you receive the pair and theyre fakes...

7) NO LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS

8 ) NO OFFERING PRICES IN A PRICE CHECK

9) NO LEGIT CHECKS ON A USER, it's not Jordan-shoe related first of all, and second of all, you can ask the seller for refs

10) POST THE ACTUAL PICTURE, NOT THE LINK!

it's a pain to have to open up so many different windows...

Thanks for reading, and I hope this gets stickied, and enjoy NT! :D
happy.gif
-fenixconnexionNiketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

POSTED BY HOLLAKID619:

Let me start off by saying that I am not a mod. I'm just a fellow NT member just like the rest of you. I often visit this section of the forum and when I first tried to post an eBay auction pic it was a little tricky. Some people don't know how to post pictures from the auctions so they post links to the actual auction. COMPLETELY AGAINST THE RULES. So I thought I'd do everyone a favor and show the newcomers how to post the pics from the auctions step by step. Here goes....

First find the auction that you had questions about. (I found this pair of VIII's to show the example)

Right-Click on the picture. Scroll down and Left-Click on properties.

A small box should pop up. It should be called "Element Properties" or "Image Properties".

You need to copy the location of the image. Highlight the location, Right-Click, Scroll down to "Copy", and then Left-Click.

Once you start your topic and are ready to insert your pic heres what you need to do. Click on IMAGE, then paste the link that you just copied.

It should look something like this....

And heres the finished result...

Im sure this will be helpful to someone...
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

ELABORATE ON THIS!

Explain in detail. Because saying something is off without explaining why, is such a poor excuse for a legit check, and will quickly get you suspended from Niketalk. Seems petty, huh? Well here's a simple solution...Don't do it.

Especially the people who have no idea what they're talking about. And you know who you are...Here's some common quotes I see everyday about elephant/cement print:

"Cement print looks off"

"Cement pattern looks wrong"

"elephant print is mishaped"

and one of my personal favorites...

"The pattern is too thick"
14lu72a.jpg
14lu7gh.jpg

Guess what? Those are 100% legit. Bought from Finishline.

So, next time you feel the urge to say one of the lame quotes up there, remember that it can quickly get you booted.

There's so much more you can say. Tell me that print goes to high, or too low, or that it should only extend past a certain part of the shoe...Come up with something else besides, "it looks off".
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

Thanks to our friends over at Uptempoair.com, we can finally help counter attack against the over whelming addition of fake shoes on eBay. Maybe with enough people doing so, we can actually do something about it. Here's the information I copy/pasted from UTA's forums...

Quote:
We are going to try something out here- so anything that is reported PLEASE make sure is fake. We are trying to prove a point to eBay. Over the last 6 months fakes have tripled on ebay, and ebay is Not doing anything to stop it- Below is the link you can use to report --- we are basically asking the UTA community to use this link so ebay can see where all the reports are coming from. Below is a screen shot of the link so you know what to select -- any questions let me know -- the more the participation the better - We personally want eBay to know how big of an issue this is -- you may have to sign into your ebay account to report

Below is an example of this happening on the 360's -- this is a blog that was written on ebay

blogs.ebay.com/designerathletic/entry/Nike-Air-Max-360s-Bang-or-Bust/_W0QQidZ394018pages.ebay.com/help/conta...4.html?ite
1zd292f.jpg
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

Back
Top Bottom