RUMORED Air Jordan 4 FIRE RED 2019

Are these UNC 4s real?

air-jordan-4-unc-2019-release-date.jpg

Let's see if JB messes these up. Keep them like this or have the netting white.

Fire Red IVs were the first pair of Jordans I ever had, 8th grade, 1989. I could say it's the shoe that started the whole sneaker thing for me. Will have to get a pair just for that reason. But it's funny how tastes change, including mine. I loved them back then, but now I sort of have a hard time imagining myself rocking a white shoe with all that red on it. Will get regardless, though.

Last edited:
Why not just retro the Military Blue 4s?

Speaking of changing tastes, all this love for the military blues ... I'd wear them today if a solid retro happened. I still have that POS pair from '06 but barely ever wore them, they are so bad. But back in the day, kids got clowned for wearing blue Jordans, at least where I grew up in metro Detroit. I remember one kid in particular in my school had the military blues and we would just shake our heads at him every time he walked by :rofl:

Speaking of changing tastes, all this love for the military blues ... I'd wear them today if a solid retro happened. I still have that POS pair from '06 but barely ever wore them, they are so bad. But back in the day, kids got clowned for wearing blue Jordans, at least where I grew up in metro Detroit. I remember one kid in particular in my school had the military blues and we would just shake our heads at him every time he walked by :rofl:
Interesting, the kids that got messed with in my area were the ones wearing "last years shoe". I was that kid lol. Always a year behind. Until I got a job while in high school. But the colors really never got too much reaction. Well, the 93 Aqua did for sure. My entire family thought I was crazy for wearing those.:smokin

Interesting, the kids that got messed with in my area were the ones wearing "last years shoe". I was that kid lol. Always a year behind. Until I got a job while in high school. But the colors really never got too much reaction. Well, the 93 Aqua did for sure. My entire family thought I was crazy for wearing those.:smokin

Oh that happened, too. Maybe the colors thing was just my school, I really have no way of knowing. But that's the thing, isn't it: Sometimes your perception of something, good or bad, is formed by the little cultural world you occupied during a certain era. Especially when one of those products from the same era is reissued today.
As for the militaries, I suspect we thought they were lame because Jordan's team colors were white, black and red. An off-white, gray and blue (and not Carolina blue) shoe made no sense to us. It was probably also linked to the point you made about the "old" models. In my area, the first three OG colorways started to become harder and harder to find as the year went on, but every store always had the militaries after they released. So when someone showed up wearing them, we kind of knew or at least thought they settled on the militaries because they were late to the game in getting the IVs, and that colorway was a consolation prize in our eyes LOL

PS: As far as the aqua colors, yeah, the 8s in general got a lot of negative comments in my world, and I had the OG white pair when the came out. It's funny how shoes that were perceived at a given time as being ugly or just plain ridiculous now seem reserved in their design compared to modern stuff. When the XIs dropped, I loved them but would only be seen wearing them playing basketball. Patent leather on a basketball shoe? It was ridiculous at the time. I got the black/reds on release day, took them home, and promptly put them away in my closet because I realized I would be way too self conscious to wear them casually with jeans or even with shorts just walking around. Now I'm twice as old as I was then, and I don't think twice about wearing XIs casually. You'd think it would be the other way around. Go figure. But it's because XIs now, while still a bit flashy due to the patent, look like a reasonably plain sneaker compared to a lot of other shoes.

I remember my mom bought me the sunset 5s(women cw) and that same year the fire red 5s released in 06 or 07 I forget when I just know wore them to school once and never wore them again because ppl were making fun of because I was wearing “girl” shoes looking back at it if I didn’t grow out of them I would rock them until they couldn’t be rocked anymore it’s funny as a kid you care about stuff like so much :lol:

Very clean cw I wish I still had and still could fit them

Attachments

• 1CA85647-A651-497B-98D0-F40BD0A97931.png
    1CA85647-A651-497B-98D0-F40BD0A97931.png
    1 MB · Views: 120
I remember my mom bought me the sunset 5s(women cw) and that same year the fire red 5s released in 06 or 07 I forget when I just know wore them to school once and never wore them again because ppl were making fun of because I was wearing “girl” shoes looking back at it if I didn’t grow out of them I would rock them until they couldn’t be rocked anymore it’s funny as a kid you care about stuff like so much :lol:
I feel you. You shouldn't have gone through that. Myself in 7th grade (1994) I came upon some original 6s black infras from my stepbrother at the time. He was older. The were way to big for me and there were holes in the toes due to wear. I was as proud as can be having them. Wore them anyway, got clowned hard. Never wore them again. They were junk honestly but they were a 6. I laugh at that stuff now. But its diff when your younger.

It seems they are gonna do right by the 4s... wish I could say the same for the 3s this year.. what a joke so far...

It seems they are gonna do right by the 4s... wish I could say the same for the 3s this year.. what a joke so far...
Tinker 3s are BRILLIANT. Dropping the FTL, JTH, and katrina pair’s was the mistake. They all look so close to the White cement 3.

Back
Top Bottom