Rumored Return: Nike Zoom GP May 2019

Yeah returning these.
Was the only 10.5 I could find. May give them another go when Nike releases them or wait for the black/neon pair.

The black/ neon pair is releasing for sure? Actually waiting for a wear testers review!

These look nice on feet

20190424_213541.jpg

20190424_213917.jpg

Just got these in will post pics later. The leather isn't to bad, but doesn't look like it will hold up like the OG's or traditional leather shoes. Real carbon fiber plate the black portion of the midsole is painted instead of dyed (will likely chip) details are nearly spot on with the OG.

These definitely have a heel & forefoot unit. I'm not 100% on the TYPE of unit that's in the forefoot. It's either this version:

upload_2019-4-25_15-42-56.png

Or they could be the same segmented forefoot unit like the og and Jordan Superfly 4:

upload_2019-4-25_15-48-52.png

Photo Credit: @duke4005 Via Weartesters.com

Attachments

• nike-air-zoom-GP-deconstructed-e1535032199496.jpg
    nike-air-zoom-GP-deconstructed-e1535032199496.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I don’t believe Nike even makes ‘segmented’ Zoom anymore. My guess it is the standard Zoom bag.

Nostalgia purposes are making these tempting but I’m still holding out for one of the following: black/white, neon, or navy.

That’s why I was amazed at the “innovation” of Zoom Turbo - it’s basically the same thing.

When I took a closer look of the outsole design as well as the placement of the carbon fiber plate I totally understand why they used that specific segmented unit on the originals (flexibility and cushioning to offset the Carbon fiber on the lateral side). I wouldn't want a regular unit, but having one is better than none at all in the forefoot (Zoom Glove Retro).

IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0367.JPG

Last edited:
Mine arrived today and they DO have the segmented forefoot zoom (or at least that's how it felt with my hand; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here tho). Never had the ogs but these are pretty nice! While I agree that the forefoot leather feels flimsy, the overall build of the shoe isn't too bad + the shoe feels very nice on feet.

Last edited:
How’s the fit/sizing?

I’m glad Nike didn’t cut too many corners with this retro.

I’m in on these

Looking at the pics on something other than an iPhone screen the black leather rand area doesn't look as glossy as in initial pics. Positive.

How’s the fit/sizing?

I’m glad Nike didn’t cut too many corners with this retro.

I’m in on these
They fit kinda tight.
Like Jordan 10's.

Usually wear size 10 in all J's (10.5 in X's).
Ordered these in 10 and 10.5 and the 10 was too tight. 10.5 fit good, but had that crappy leather.

All I ask is for these 2 to be released as well. We don’t need Nike to give us 6+ random colours like they did of the Gloves....
6B5147C8-40F0-45BE-AA92-F616DAB5C3D4.jpeg

44B4CBB8-1861-4181-A26B-1AD434BF09DB.jpeg

I wouldn’t even mind Nike retroing the 2 OG Gloves again with carbon fibre and a few better design nods to the OGs like these have.

Back
Top Bottom