RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Have any of you guys ran in the Nike epic or odyssey reacts? Wanting to try a pair seeing they are discounted in price. I've researched both. Nike appears to take their runners more seriously with this new react cushion. The beefed up the cushioning is a big plus for me. Any reviews or info would be greatly appreciated.

ABA78BDD-C9B0-4E62-B9A2-1AD365A7D9B5.jpeg
Special badge today for those who did 10k in Melbourne, Australia today.

Thanks! Good luck in your training. Half marathons are no joke. It doesn’t seem very long ago to me that 10k was a big barrier. I finally realized that all you have to do is slow down a bit and relax, and you can go much farther! Then it’s a matter of consistently training and figuring out what nutrition works for you.
I ran my first marathon in SF in 2008 with my friend for our 30th birthdays and joked that we could do an ultra for our 40th. Well, here we are, and the start line will be only about 8 miles from where we finished in 2008 ten years ago.
If you’re inspired by ultras, look up Billy Yang’s videos on YouTube. Here’s my favorite, with one of my heroes, Sally McRae.

Very Dope, I follow Ginger Runner and watch his movies faithfully, his last one, "Where Dies Go To Die" was insane.

Well Hoka has just done their first retro with the Clifton 1! I am mostly over them and am still wearing through my third pair, but if anyone is interested in the retro, the price is the original $130:
https://www.hokaoneone.com/clifton-...ee160cff66fc1cd3625a73&start=2&cgid=clifton-1

Blessings right here... Literally just solded my Clifton 1s on ebay. I put 340 miles on them. The soles and upper were still pretty good but I felt my body telling me it was time to retire them. Also I retired my first pair of Clifton 3s as they were beat. Opted out and bought another pair of Clifton 3 for a good price. Now that these 1s was surfaced, it's tempting to get another pair for sure...

Blessings right here... Literally just solded my Clifton 1s on ebay. I put 340 miles on them. The soles and upper were still pretty good but I felt my body telling me it was time to retire them. Also I retired my first pair of Clifton 3s as they were beat. Opted out and bought another pair of Clifton 3 for a good price. Now that these 1s was surfaced, it's tempting to get another pair for sure...
RW coming thru with them, so use the runblog10 code to get them a bit cheaper...
https://www.runningwarehouse.com/HOKA_ONE_ONE_Clifton_1/descpage-HOCL1M1.html

AC45B9F3-3990-47B0-8262-BFE9BCD0B6F4.jpeg

I’m coming off my biggest weekend miles ever, and it wasn’t even as many as the training schedule called for. I’m using a 50-mile race program, and the weekly mileage has been very challenging, especially when packed in with kids’ school activities, lots of other family stuff, and full time work.
This weekend was supposed to be two days of 25 miles each. I had to coordinate with family stuff, so it meant running in the heat of the day both times. First was on trail, second mostly on roads. Almost 39 total miles. Legs are feeling it a bit today, but not too bad.
I definitely didn’t hit the mileage goal, but it was more than enough effort, so I’m considering it done. Next weekend is a 30-miler plus 7 on Sunday. And THEN I can taper...
So for anyone not meeting their mileage goals in training, don’t stress. Life happens. And I’m looking forward to more life after this race in November!

AC45B9F3-3990-47B0-8262-BFE9BCD0B6F4.jpeg

I’m coming off my biggest weekend miles ever, and it wasn’t even as many as the training schedule called for. I’m using a 50-mile race program, and the weekly mileage has been very challenging, especially when packed in with kids’ school activities, lots of other family stuff, and full time work.
This weekend was supposed to be two days of 25 miles each. I had to coordinate with family stuff, so it meant running in the heat of the day both times. First was on trail, second mostly on roads. Almost 39 total miles. Legs are feeling it a bit today, but not too bad.
I definitely didn’t hit the mileage goal, but it was more than enough effort, so I’m considering it done. Next weekend is a 30-miler plus 7 on Sunday. And THEN I can taper...
So for anyone not meeting their mileage goals in training, don’t stress. Life happens. And I’m looking forward to more life after this race in November!

What are you training for?

Hmmm I think Hoka is trying to tempt me...

Screenshot_20181018-182413.jpg

Long time runner but didn't know this thread existed. Funny enough I was also looking at the original Cliftons just because I have heard so much about them. I currently run in Kayano 23s and I am not loving them, I've never tried that style of shoe so I thought I would give it a shot and it's just too much shoe for me. I'm not fast but they feel slow and clunky, and not really plush for what they make them out to be. I loved my Flyknit Lunar 3s and after trying these light stability Asics I think I'm more of a lightweight shoe guy. Are these Cliftons as good as people rave about?

Long time runner but didn't know this thread existed. Funny enough I was also looking at the original Cliftons just because I have heard so much about them. I currently run in Kayano 23s and I am not loving them, I've never tried that style of shoe so I thought I would give it a shot and it's just too much shoe for me. I'm not fast but they feel slow and clunky, and not really plush for what they make them out to be. I loved my Flyknit Lunar 3s and after trying these light stability Asics I think I'm more of a lightweight shoe guy. Are these Cliftons as good as people rave about?

Clifton's aren't for everyone, I would try them on before buying if you can. They are bulky shoes, but comfortable as heck and my go-to marathon shoes. I have the Clifton's 3 that I still run in and I'll pick up the 1's since a lot of people said that version is still the best.

Clifton's aren't for everyone, I would try them on before buying if you can. They are bulky shoes, but comfortable as heck and my go-to marathon shoes. I have the Clifton's 3 that I still run in and I'll pick up the 1's since a lot of people said that version is still the best.

Yeah I think the selling point is these weigh 7.5 oz (size 9 I think?) so they are supposed to be a rare highly cushioned shoe with a big midsole that's very light. IIRC people complained about them getting heavier throughout the versions and how you were saying everyone loved the first one.

Just started running in a treadmill.

It says I’m running xx amount of miles but my Apple Watch says it’s less. Which is more accurate?

Back
Top Bottom