RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

What’s everyone’s totals for this year?

I never had a goal in mind, just run when I could. The NRC challenges for the first 5 months were great motivation for me to keep going.

Not sure what 2020 will hold, moving OS for work so hopefully can get a few runs in.

I did my first Park Run on the weekend so will try to get out to s few of them at least.

I just got back from my last run of the year to finish at 1,697 miles and a gigantic 15,440 for all time on Nikeplus (started Sep 2006). I had one race in mind during 2019 but jumped into another the month prior. Looking to do a couple 50k’s in 2020 but overall just want to enjoy running and not push the pace much. My 11-year-old son is starting to get some interest and I might mostly focus on encouraging him for a couple races.

what shades do you guys use to run in? i think i need to stop using my wayfarers :lol:

i have no friends 😢

I run in Oakley Holbrooks. Nothing running specific, more a casual wear but they do the job.

I did have a pair of Rudy Projects a couple of years ago which were great. Lightweight and big lens.

Why have I never seen this thread :lol: I’ve been running since 2017. Ran the LA marathon last year it was a bucket list moment for me. After running it I realized that half marathons are my sweet spot. I’m running the Pasadena 5K this Sunday and training for the Mt Zion half marathon in February.

Goal Is the LA marathon but I heard you have to train at least a year for that, but will do my best to prepare.
Train at least a year? I would try 5K - 10K - half marathons first. I used the Hal Higdon Marathon training schedule when I ran the LA marathon last year. I’d say 70% of the marathon is mental, the rest is preparation, hydration & nutrition. The training program I used was 18 weeks. So I started in Early November , it was tough last year a lot of rainy days that would interfere with my training.

Last edited:
Badge day today for those running

Attachments

• E57603F4-EBBD-43AC-AD27-181219D0D874.png
    E57603F4-EBBD-43AC-AD27-181219D0D874.png
    153 KB · Views: 72
you got time, i got the achievement from todays run, it might be a weekend thing?

but i do believe today is the official chinese ny

6570536E-11C2-4DE0-977B-7557AA8F3307.jpeg

nike covering all the basis, they got slow runs, fast runs, walking, recovery runs, banned ones and even a jogging shoes

Last edited:
--Who else is in San Diego and doing the Triple Crown?
--I completed it last year and doing it another time this year.
--Just got done with Carlsbad a couple of weeks ago.
--Man I hate that course with it concrete rolling hills.

so how legit are these challenges on the NRC app?

in the 100k February Challenge, the dude leading has ran 2078 miles so far, by 02/20 but that averages ~104 miles a day

i dont even think kipchoge runs that much, i think i read somewhere that during his breaking2 training that he only ran ~20miles a day

so how legit are these challenges on the NRC app?

in the 100k February Challenge, the dude leading has ran 2078 miles so far, by 02/20 but that averages ~104 miles a day

i dont even think kipchoge runs that much, i think i read somewhere that during his breaking2 training that he only ran ~20miles a day
That’s gotta be manipulated somehow. No one does that.
I remember the early Nikeplus days (2006-2007), and I was amazed then how many miles some people could do. Back then, no phone app mind you, the website allowed you to see everyone’s total mileage, and there were no challenges. There was a message board somewhere that I saw that the top guy was a postal worker and included all his walking miles. I think he achieved volt level by 2008 or something ridiculous, but even he wasn’t putting in thousand-mile-months. I thinkthe color levels weren’t even a thing. I just remember the guy had like 9,000 miles when the next closest person was like 6,000.
not nearly as many users back then:lol:

i used to put those pods under the insole to track and then upgraded to the watch (that had gps so i didnt need to have the pods) but it didnt automatically connect online, it had a built in usb i had to manually connect to the cpu and then upload it

1582227400498.png

--Who else is in San Diego and doing the Triple Crown?
--I completed it last year and doing it another time this year.
--Just got done with Carlsbad a couple of weeks ago.
--Man I hate that course with it concrete rolling hills.
what’s the triple crown in sd? Looking for a new challenge to try this year. Just did the Zion half marathon last weekend. Such amazing views
CE3765DD-9D75-4AE4-BEAF-F24769440ED4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom