RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I guess I ran a lot this month. This may be the most I ever log, haha.

Slowest and lowest output of the year for me... 7 runs

ILLY you normally run a lot more than you logged last month. Hopefully this month I can yield to longer runs to preserve my legs. I run Monday through Friday twice a day and occasionally once over the weekends. If I can push myself to get in a 6 mile run, I won't have to run as often. Downside is evening thunderstorms and sheer laziness after I get off from work lol..

I guess I ran a lot this month. This may be the most I ever log, haha.

Geesh you really stack up the miles last month. How do you find the time to run 10 miles. I actually surprised myself running the 10k, I wasn't tired at all. I know i have more in me to run longer distances, that's my goal for the month.

The next #NTrunningChallenge on IG...

Don't let the day #RUN you [emoji]128581[/emoji], #RunTheDay [emoji]127939[/emoji][emoji]128197[/emoji]! The next #NTrunningChallenge is to #RunTheDate (at least once in the month)! Meaning, the DISTANCE you run is equivalent to the CALENDAR DATE. For example, today is July 1, so you'd challenge yourself to run 7.01 miles, 1.70mi or 1.07mi and so forth. If today were July 13, you'd challenge yourself to run either 13.7mi or 7.13mi. Show us your runs with #NTrunning! This challenge ends 7/31/15 (Friday), so you have plenty of opportunities to participate. #HappyRunning, #NikeTalk! [emoji]127939[/emoji]

As the month progresses, the challenge becomes more difficult. Let's see what you've got! :nthat:

Last edited:
Geesh you really stack up the miles last month. How do you find the time to run 10 miles. I actually surprised myself running the 10k, I wasn't tired at all. I know i have more in me to run longer distances, that's my goal for the month.
The program to train for the half dictates the distances for me, but once you're in the swing of it, you can find the time if you want to...it just becomes part of the week.  I know that the long runs are Tuesday and Saturday, so I make sure I don't work my second job on Tuesday, and then Saturday I can run before or after work, depending on the shift.  Also, I have no social life, so that doesn't really get impacted.

Has anyone ever ran with the Nike Run clubs? Always wanted to but closest is in SF and they always on weekdays. I bet the pacers run super fast and I wouldn't keep up lol

its been a struggle lately with the weather. its like 80 degrees during my lunch time runs and i cant finish my 3 miles. im dying by 2 miles. but i think im getting use to the heat. i hit 2.6 yesterday but had to slow my pace significantly to even do it.

i also tried to retire my lunarglide 6 and run in my nike free run 5.0 from 2 years ago while i find a replacement shoe.. i dont know if it was the shoe but i couldnt hang.. and to think i started running in frees. so im back on my LG6. waiting for those pegasus 30 in that white to hit like 30 bucks or something, or just say F it and continue to run in LGs and look for some cheap ones or LG7s

I go to local run club frequently, I would highly recommend it. Our club does 3 and 5 mile options with pace groups for 8, 9, and 10 mins. There is always a sweeper so no matter how slow you are someone will run with you.

Logged 31.4 miles for the month of June with a avg pace of 8.48

Has anyone ever ran with the Nike Run clubs? Always wanted to but closest is in SF and they always on weekdays. I bet the pacers run super fast and I wouldn't keep up lol

They have pacers to accommodate all running levels. I haven't been to the one in SF in about two years! :smh: If it's still has the same format, runners choose to run either the 3mi or 6mi route, and the routes change every week. It sucks because they only offer it on Wednesdays. The other SF branch has theirs on Mondays at around 630pm too. BUT parking in the city can be a hassle!

Running it has a couple of pros... you get to try the latest Nike sneakers every now and then. At the end of their runs, they usually provide you with snacks, protein shakes and water. Sometimes, they even raffle off merchandise...

We're half way through the year, and I've got 471mi logged so far. I'm gunning for 1,000mi, so I need to make up a lot of mileage in the next half.

Last edited:
4th of July Sale was in full effect on my lunch break. AZ Mills Nike Clearance Outlet store had extra 30% off tech shirts down to $7. Older Vomeros and Zooms down to $40! Running shorts $15. Just a heads up.

Ordered the flyknit lunar 3 in wolf grey :lol: not sure if I'll use it for running at first NT running fam lol

Logged 328.92 miles so far this year

Last edited:
4th of July Sale was in full effect on my lunch break. AZ Mills Nike Clearance Outlet store had extra 30% off tech shirts down to $7. Older Vomeros and Zooms down to $40! Running shorts $15. Just a heads up.

:smokin

Hoping for some Peg31s!

Was there an additional % off footwear? :nerd:

Drew first blood for the #NTrunningChallenge #RunTheDate :nthat:

Trying to get back to my old self/pace...

Last edited:
I stopped running outside during my lunch. Suppose to be 97 today during lunch with a high of 108 here. If I can't squeeze in a run in the morning

I have stick to the treadmill during lunch Til it cools down :frown:

your morning runs ALMOST inspired me bruh! but then when the morning comes im still sleepy and i flake haha. this happened ike 2-3x already. i tell myself the night before.. "aight ima run int he morning so its not hot" :smh:

at my work's old location 24hr fitness was across the street, i only had 30min lunch then so it worked. now since we move the closest 24hr fitness takes too much time to drive there and back. although i have an hour lunch now still not enough time. going to the track is the easiest. enough time to run 3 miles, and drive to and from and time to even change and get a breather after.

Ran after work today. Wasn't as hot and was able to finish my usual 3 miles, my pace has been so bad lately. dont know if its the hot weather, or just gained weight from bad eating. i use to be solid 9:40 avg pace.. but pass couple of runs not even finishing 3 miles have been strugglin 10:30/pace
BUT improvement today. got it back to 10:00/min pace

They have pacers to accommodate all running levels. I haven't been to the one in SF in about two years! :smh: If it's still has the same format, runners choose to run either the 3mi or 6mi route, and the routes change every week. It sucks because they only offer it on Wednesdays. The other SF branch has theirs on Mondays at around 630pm too. BUT parking in the city can be a hassle!

Running it has a couple of pros... you get to try the latest Nike sneakers every now and then. At the end of their runs, they usually provide you with snacks, protein shakes and water. Sometimes, they even raffle off merchandise...

We're half way through the year, and I've got 471mi logged so far. I'm gunning for 1,000mi, so I need to make up a lot of mileage in the next half.

I go to local run club frequently, I would highly recommend it. Our club does 3 and 5 mile options with pace groups for 8, 9, and 10 mins. There is always a sweeper so no matter how slow you are someone will run with you.

Logged 31.4 miles for the month of June with a avg pace of 8.48

I really want to check it out one day, but im in SJ, and got work. Even if I tried after work, that BAY AREA TRAFFIC! plus SF parking! haha The Palo Alto location would be closer but thats still a drive. Even if, I wouldn't want to go unless i knew someone there or going with someone I know at first.

I should start my own South Bay #NTrunning run club haha. I would be the 10min pacer haha

Anyways

from Jan-April I've been running a little over 50 miles each month, fell off in May with only 35.8 miles then again in June with only 30.8 miles :smh:

Total so far this year 287.7

I'm at 359.04 for the year, but that's really only since March, since the snow was so bad this year and I don't use Nike+ on the treadmill in the winter.  I don't think I'll make 1000, but 750 is reachable.

^ Nice run!  You're primed to Run The Date sometime this month for the Challenge!

This was my furthest run..didn't think I would make it cause I just started back running in June but it felt foot. And yesterday I did a 5mile run so I def feel like superman right now :lol:

Great run man. I applaud you for starting back into running. Awesome job at keeping a steady pace as the green gps tracking indicates. I'm itching to run but it's still a little too hot right now. I definitely up for a 7 mile challenge as this is my birthday month (7/31).

kc037 kc037 Thanks, I'm definitely gonna try and run the date sometime this month

alsa2009 alsa2009 thanks a lot. Feels so good to get a good run in, I just wish I lived somewhere that was warm 365. I love running outdoors

Back
Top Bottom