RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Had a rough go of it yesterday.

Calf was a little sore before I started but cramped up 3/4 through my route when I planted my left leg coming off a curb.

Welcome to #NTrunning, y'all!

The purpose of this thread/community is to use running as the vehicle to a better you with positive vibes along the way. [emoji]128588[/emoji]

Tee update: so I went to two screen printers earlier today, and I didn't know that each color has an additional charge. The initial design has five colors! I may just do one on a Dri-fit Knit tee I have to see how it turns out. Or I may just limit the colors to just Red and White.

For those on IG, my handle is...
@illustrayt

For those on Nike+, it's
illy

Last edited:

The purpose of this thread/community is to use running as the vehicle to a better you with positive vibes along the way. [emoji]128588[/emoji]

Tee update: so I went to two screen printers earlier today, and I didn't know that each color has an additional charge. The initial design has five colors! I may just do one on a Dri-fit Knit tee I have to see how it turns out. Or I may just limit the colors to just Red and White.

@illustrayt

For those on Nike+, it's
illy

Yea that's why I mention no to the racing stripes on the back cause that's an extra charge as well for the additional back panel. Each color is an added cost lol use to order a lot of shirts for a student org I was apart of :lol:.

The more orders of shirts should bring the cost per shirt down too

@illustrayt

For those on Nike+, it's
illy

Is the plan to have the shirts printed on dri-fit tee's? :nerd:

Ran 4miles today and it was just brutal for the first 3! It was really hot with the sun out in full force :x. But that honestly wasnt why it was rough, my stomach was just cramping up for the first 2.5miles. Need to watch what I eat more :smh:

Last edited:
Today just seem so weird not getting out there and hitting the pavement. I enjoy running with a passion now it's crazy. So since I couldn't get out and run, what better way to spend the day than to go shopping. So I went and pick up some more running gear to help me feel better lol.....

Went to the Under Armor outlet @ Tanger Outlets. Like to match when I run.

Also grabbed up some other running shirts...

Came home to a package and whatdaya know my full-length zoom insoles finally came. Been waiting exactly one month for these. Today was a good day...

YO! finally logged onto NT again (it's been a while). Stumbled upon this thread looking for something else in General. I follow @ILLustRAYt and @Richiemcfly on IG. Just wanted to say keep up the good work, my dudes. Mcfly's been flying with his pace as of late!

Dope little community we got here!

That's what I'm saying! Proto/RichieMcFly has been killin' it! My nomination for most improved! [emoji]128170[/emoji]

My MVP would probably be JBlaze! He's been mad consistent too...

Last edited:
What's up fellas,

So I know I've never posted in here, but I follow some of you (and vice versa) on twitter (@optimalviewing) and IG (m__v__3)

I'm running the New York City marathon this year in November and I'm fundraising for youth programs via "Team For Kids" to gain entry. Posting up the link to my page in the hopes that some of you kind gents could help spread the word and maybe even donate.

https://www.runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/22001

Much love!

^^ I think I Bought or Sold a pair of sneakers from you way back in 04 or something. Your screen name brings me back. :nerd:

What's up fellas,

So I know I've never posted in here, but I follow some of you (and vice versa) on twitter (@optimalviewing) and IG (m__v__3)

I'm running the New York City marathon this year in November and I'm fundraising for youth programs via "Team For Kids" to gain entry. Posting up the link to my page in the hopes that some of you kind gents could help spread the word and maybe even donate.

https://www.runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/22001

Much love!

Sup Sir!

Great news! Our hashtag #NTrunning just cracked 900 posts! Keep it up, y'all!

I'm definitely considering having something like this done with our logo...

It'll either be an elongated version like the flag above or a squared version...

I'm just waiting on the order I placed earlier this week. I saw the final product(s) via photo, but I need to have them in hand first... :nerd:

Last edited:
My fuel band crapped out, do any of you wear anything similar? Don't know much about any of the others.

Last edited:
Lots of other options. something with GPS would be way better, you can accurately keep track of your runs, paces, etc. worth every penny
You can also just use your phone of course, though. I think something similar to the fuel band is any of the Fitbit bands, if you want something like tjat

Any tips on breathing? I'm basically just huffin and puffin right now and I'm assuming I can improve endurance if I breathe properly :lol:

I think my legs are getting use to it tho, did 3 days in a row. It's just a 2 mile route, and I walk like 1/4 of it.

And I take it back, my dog is the worst running partner ever :lol: Dude just stops to smell plants and pee :lol:

My fuel band crapped out, do any of you wear anything similar? Don't know much about any of the others.
When my Fuelband broke, I went all in with the Garmin Vivoactive Watch, and I absolutely love it.  Links runs directly to Nike+.  It doesn't give Fuel Points for normal activity, but that algorithm was incredibly inaccurate anyway.

The Garmin Vivoactive is something that I'd like. A fellow #NTrunner member has it. He can speak more about it...

Amazon product ASIN B00RE1UL52
I always use my phone to track my runs. Since I use the app and play music from the same device, the battery gets drained fairly quickly. For a change, I'd like to use a GPS watch to do the tracking and have my phone just play the music, so I could have ample phone battery life.

If you don't want to spend too much, the NIKE GPS watch could be a good option. I remember seeing an NTer spot one at a Ross for $60...

Any tips on breathing? I'm basically just huffin and puffin right now and I'm assuming I can improve endurance if I breathe properly :lol:

I think my legs are getting use to it tho, did 3 days in a row. It's just a 2 mile route, and I walk like 1/4 of it.

And I take it back, my dog is the worst running partner ever :lol: Dude just stops to smell plants and pee :lol:

Try pursed lip breathing.... inhale through your nose and slowly exhale with your lips pursed (1:2 ratio).

Last edited:
I have that Garmin.

Since that tracks the run, and I use my phone to play my music, I only lose 8-10% of my battery for my run, as opposed to 25-40% before.  Once you save the run on your watch, it will upload the info directly to Nike+ (once you link the accounts, which takes about 30 seconds).  Plus, I like glancing at my wrist instead of dealing with the armband.  Best decision I've made since I started running.

That's awesome! I could use that extra battery life!

Did any of you guys get the email for early access to NIKE+'s app update? It looks they added Spotify to operate within the app, and there's a Pace Station feature...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom