RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Oh yeah, I have the annual pass and felt like I walked an extra 20 miles between Disneyland and CA Adventures :lol: My legs were like noodles after being so inactive for a while but I already paid for that $18 parking for the day so I just got to get into some rides.

And grats on the 1k for year. One of my goals for next year.

Ahh nice! Thanks, man! Good luck on your 1Kmi journey!

WOW. I've been wearing my Cliftons around the house, and I can instantly feel the difference in overall plushness when I switch into my Peg30s, which are already pretty plush (or so I thought). However, I did have to switch up their OG insoles to an Ortholite Free insole... Other than that, they make the Peg30s feel like cardboard, IMO. I'm becoming more and more of a believer in Hokas, but the true test will be to actually run in them.

Now, the only other shoes I want to try are the Ultra Boosts to feel what the hype is about. :nerd:

Last edited:
Chicago Lakefront trail shut off every water fountain and closed bathrooms until memorial weekend :x. Definitely need to buy something to run and drink with :smh:

The newer UB has a more durable sole, the first ones shreds like it made out of chalk.

WOW. I've been wearing my Cliftons around the house, and I can instantly feel the difference in overall plushness when I switch into my Peg30s, which are already pretty plush (or so I thought). However, I did have to switch up their OG insoles to an Ortholite Free insole... Other than that, they make the Peg30s feel like cardboard, IMO. I'm becoming more and more of a believer in Hokas, but the true test will be to actually run in them.

I just ran 14 in mine this morning and aside from the lack of pronation support, I am really liking them. Almost 100 miles on them so far.

Sup everyone, haven't been here in a while.

Haven't ran in two months and coming off a cough and cold that's been haunting me for the past two weeks but decided to run the RunDisney 5K anyways. Dressed up as Scarlet Spide but I don't think anyone recognized me. :\

Really sucks to get a rubber medal though :lol: I wanted the metal 10k or half-marathon ones (and the Infinity Gauntlets) so bad. Really gon try and sign up for the Infinity Gauntlet next year. My time was terrible though, go to get back on the grind.

NadjLAp.jpg

XPBMmxr.jpg

5XsBydT.png

Didn't get to sign up for the Star Wars one (sold out so quick) but they had the medal display on the expo and they look awesome.
LL

I literally geeked out when I saw this. Running the Challenge (10K on a Saturday and Half on Sunday). Cannot wait to hold those medals in my hand.

Last edited:
I think I might be doing my first full marathon this January fellas. I haven't trained consistently for the past months due to personal issues. I wonder if 10 wks prep is enough? I'll keep y'all posted.

Took my first run today.

Nothing major, I actually had a further run but didn't download he app until halfway through my trail :lol:

I would say I ran just a little over a full mile.

But I feel great now after I've actually gotten up and got my blood flowing :pimp:

Going to make a real effort to get up at least 3 mornings out of the week and go running

illustrayt illustrayt
Forgot to mention, I had some slippage of the sock liner on my long run in the Cliftons, and I've read similar complaints. I combine both sock liners they provide with the shoes, so I'm not sure if I should just ditch them altogether, but any suggestions anyone has (glue maybe) are welcome

illustrayt illustrayt
Forgot to mention, I had some slippage of the sock liner on my long run in the Cliftons, and I've read similar complaints. I combine both sock liners they provide with the shoes, so I'm not sure if I should just ditch them altogether, but any suggestions anyone has (glue maybe) are welcome

Ahh nice! I ditched them and put in Ortholites from one of my Frees, and they feel amazing. I can't comment on running in them just yet though...

I think I might be doing my first full marathon this January fellas. I haven't trained consistently for the past months due to personal issues. I wonder if 10 wks prep is enough? I'll keep y'all posted.

Dope, Kent (?)! Is it in AZ? I think 10 weeks is enough.

I'd say 10 months is enough to train if you're able to run 10 miles currently. But I'm not an expert

Anyone needing a good stability shoe, should look into the Nike odyssey. Zoom air in the forefoot and heel, extremely comfortable :pimp:

Last edited:
Odyssey, Pegasus 32, Elite, 8, Vomero 10 and Structure 18 all looking too similar.

Current Nike running shoes doesn't seem to be improving much based on the reviews from SoleReview. Pegasus 32 dropped 10% from the Pegasus 31. Waiting for their other reviews on the other line-ups.

With that said, hopefully SoleReview doesn't close down.

Odyssey, Pegasus 32, Elite, 8, Vomero 10 and Structure 18 all looking too similar.

Current Nike running shoes doesn't seem to be improving much based on the reviews from SoleReview. Pegasus 32 dropped 10% from the Pegasus 31. Waiting for their other reviews on the other line-ups.

With that said, hopefully SoleReview doesn't close down.

They do. I was set on either the structure's or odyssey. The structure's felt more secure, but the odyssey's are hands down the comfiest shoes I've ran in. I tried them on the week of my marathon, and ran in them. My feet weren't even tired when I finished.

Pegasus 31 is still the highest ranked Nike at 94% and I can't really argue, I love the Pegasus line. They also have the FK Lunar 3 ranked the same as the Vomero10s, which I also like (though look-wise I think they took a step back) and it is the one line that seems to get better and better in their ranking every generation.

Got to try out the Odyssey when it goes on sale, got LunarTempos (2?) coming in to finally try out. Also got Zoom Speen Trainer 3 and Metcons coming in for my HIIT/quick sprints.

Curious how those Cliftons are but SR says the forefoot is very cramped and that doesn't work well for me and my high instep. They also look very weird, very Skecher-esque soles. Does it serve a purpose having the midsole wrap up that high?

Last edited:
Pegasus 31 is still the highest ranked Nike at 94% and I can't really argue, I love the Pegasus line. They also have the FK Lunar 3 ranked the same as the Vomero10s, which I also like (though look-wise I think they took a step back) and it is the one line that seems to get better and better in their ranking every generation.

Got to try out the Odyssey when it goes on sale, got LunarTempos (2?) coming in to finally try out. Also got Zoom Speen Trainer 3 and Metcons coming in for my HIIT/quick sprints.

Curious how those Cliftons are but SR says the forefoot is very cramped and that doesn't work well for me and my high instep. They also look very weird, very Skecher-esque soles. Does it serve a purpose having the midsole wrap up that high?

I love the Peg line!... for casual wear. I've run in the 30s a couple of times this year. They provided a pleasant ride for me, but they're not something that I'd rave about like the LR3.

Regarding the Cliftons... Their forefoot is narrow, which may be an issue for those with wide feet (probably go +1/2). I have pretty narrow feet, so I went TTS, and they fit fine. MAN, I still think they're hideous, and they do resemble Sketchers' shape-ups! :lol: HOWEVER, they make the Pegasus feel like CARDBOARD. They truly provide you with whole different level of PLUSHNESS.

From earlier... #negativesplits!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom