RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Vomero 11 already out, this is the first I've seen. Sole looks the same, upper slightly modified, similar to how structure 18 changed with the 19 as far as the "flywire" goes. Seems like the flat loops would weigh more, though I kinda like the look of it a bit more.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/05210/mens-nike-air-zoom-vomero-11/

The soles look identical, but the uppers look slightly modified. According to RRS, the 11s weigh in at 11.5 oz while the 10s weigh in at 10.9. I'm curious to know the shoe size they use for this. Anyhow, the 0.6 oz difference is significant! I would have thought they'd try to shed materials and weight... Aesthetically, I definitely prefer the 10s over the 11s. I don't like the thickness of the new Flywire... Also, the way that they're aligned makes the shoe look like a collaboration with adidas, as you can almost make out three stripes haha

Speaking of the V10s, I've been wearing my Crimson cw for all of my January runs/hikes. They've accumulated more than 100mi now. I'm able to run separate sub8 mile splits, but I'm struggling putting together a sub8 average run (at least 7mi). I've noticed that it takes me a while to build up speed in Zoom (Pegasus and Vomero) for some reason. I can also tell you that these are the heaviest shoes that I've run with since the Vomero4s. The shoes that I'm accustomed to running in are in the 5-7oz range (LR3 / Flyknit Racer / Lunar_____, so the difference in weight can be a factor to my current struggles. Overall, I feel like they're a good trainer for those LSD runs, and the soles have really been durable through +100 miles.

Last edited:
what running socks does everyone use? I use body glide all over the bottom of my feet and in between toes and still feel foot chaffing on my fourth mile or so.

what running socks does everyone use? I use body glide all over the bottom of my feet and in between toes and still feel foot chaffing on my fourth mile or so.
It depends on the temps, but ideally I run in the think Nike Elite running socks.  I have a few pairs of the anti-blister, and a couple of the cushioned pairs (doubles for warmth on the cool days).  I had some adidas running socks that I liked, except they didn't have a tab in the back and so I would get blisters on my Achilles.

I'm in the market (Amazon) for a muscle roller stick. Has anyone given these a try?
I'm not a runner (just clicked on this thread out of curiosity 
laugh.gif
), but I used one for PT after my knee surgery and still use it after I ball sometimes. It helped my recovery process tremendously and I was able to work out most of the stiffness/soreness. There's several out there, but the brand I used was called "The Stick" and they can be found in varying sizes on Amazon as well as on their own website.

I have one.  I actually forget to use it as much as I should, but it certainly helps.

Three more days in January, and this might be the first month where I've run every day! ...wondering if there will be a nikeplus trophy for that... [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Last edited:
hey guys, think it's time to move on from nike's (using hyperfeel at the moment) any recommendation? Brooks or Asics?

Hoka One One might be worth a try for you. Their Clifton is a favorite for many runners.

I'm looking forward to their Road Rocket and TRacer.

Last edited:
:x just about 6 more miles to hit the century mark for this month

:lol: got lazy and let the gas off the pedal this week :wow:

there's really not enough hours in the day for me to lift and run

Last edited:
:x just about 6 more miles to hit the century mark for this month

:lol: got lazy and let the gas off the pedal this week :wow:

there's really not enough hours in the day for me to lift and run

Nice, bruh!

I want to get one more run in, so I could hit +130 to close out January.

First day back after the month off recovering from my injury.
Thought I'd start the right way with a 5:30am run.

Got an 11 mile run in for the last day of January. Needed this stress relief with another week of OT coming at work.

Finished out the month of January at 102 miles.

Pretty sure I'm not going to be able maintain this amount of miles on avg per month. :lol: been focusing a lot on high intensity workouts lately.

Entering my last week of this 5k training using the coach function on Nike plus. Probably going to start another 5k training just to stay engage with my running

3 miles schedule tomorrow, cheers NT running fam [emoji]127867[/emoji]

Hoka One One might be worth a try for you. Their Clifton is a favorite for many runners.

I'm looking forward to their Road Rocket and TRacer.

Thanks for the recommendation. Decided to go with Asics Nimbus 17 :smokin

Back
Top Bottom