Running/Jogging. How Many Of You Do It Regularly? Discuss?

- For how long?
- How many times a week?
- Which running shoes do you use?

I'm hoping to slowly make this a habit...An enjoyable habit
ohwell.gif

try and do 3 miles 4 times a week

works out to a bit under 30 minutes....usually like 25-26 minutes...with a 4 minute walking cool down (treadmill)
i wear air max 360s

i guess i can say i do. I go to the bball courts early and im the only one there and i run full court by myself lol. I go full running up and down and get water every 15 minutes and im done after about 2 hours. I wear a bunch of bball shoes. Bball is great cross training btw

keepin my eye on this...I wanna start runnin my cardio sucks, any pointers for beginners??

not tryin to lose weight really but just get in shape and feel healthier

Haven't been running much lately because of personal issues but when I did my routine was:

Mon: 20 mins cardio > Treadmill, stairmaster, short jog
Tue: 5 mile run
Wed: 20 mins cardio
Thur: 5 mile run
Fri: Sprints/Bleachers or short jog thru hills.
Sat: 5+ mile run
Sun: Rest

I wear Mizuno Wave Riders.

Always switchin up what I do but I do cardio 5 days a week year-round

Right now doing 6-7 minute warm up followed by 30 minutes of hard interval running. I will also mix in the bike/stepmaster in there to switch it up.

For you I would suggest writing down what you do each session. That will give you a guide. Try to better yourself each week depending on what your goals are.

Lotta peeps have trouble "sticking with it." That's why you might want to look into running with a partner(s) or running in a gym with other people around you, or getting a good mp3 player and lastly (as mentioned) logging your sessions and seeing how much you can improve.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i wear air max 360s
How are they? I really want a pair, but I don't intend on spending over 70+ on a pair I'll beat.

Any recommendations on shoes? I'm thinking Asics Nimbus (?) or something Brooks.

I do the P90X plyometrics and cardioX twice a week each. i HATE running (even though i did track throughout HS
laugh.gif
). not because I'm really slow or anything but because its boring as @#$%. i just cant get myself to do it unless told to by a coach.

the P90x really helped me get back into shape though. Since high school, i probably did cardio like 10 times in 2 years, besides riding my bike to and from class every day. my mile time went up from 6:30 to 8:20...after getting into my new cardio routine for 3 weeks im back to 7:20 and hopefully ill get it down to my OG time before I join the air force.

run in my structures, plan on using some lunars soon
stopped running the last week and just playing basketball now

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

plan on using some lunars soon
stopped running the last week and just playing basketball now
I wanna get some lunars too, but they're still 70+
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I play basketball for 2 hours 4x a week right now.
I use to play so much, but time is a factor now. Plus, I have a bad knee
ohwell.gif

I don't run nearly as much as I want to/should, but that will be changing now that my work load is becoming lighter.

I just copped some Lunarlites ($100 ones?) to run in, I haven't had a pair of running shoes in years.

Run 3+ everyday, with a long run (6+) once a week or so. I'm a HS track coach, so I usually run with our distance or mid-distance guys/girls. Try to get at least 20 a week in. I currently run in Asics Gel Kayano 15s and love them.

I used to run 2 miles everyday in 2009, but once winter hit, it was a wrap. I'll be starting again after my finals are over in early May. I ran in Nike Shox Ride Plus and Nike Shox Monster. I really do want some recent running shoes though.

I don't do long distance running/jogging at all, I wish I wasn't so damn lazy.

The only running I do, is on the basketball court twice a week.

I see some good running shoe recommendations in here, I need to get my jog on.

I run 3, 4, 5 mi a day depending on how I feel and if I played ball that day. Treadmill, in front of the big screen banging beats, cant beat it. I love the feeling of sweating like crazy and once you finish you feel that euphoric feeling.

I run in Frees, but right now i am running in these weird Nike marathon runner shoes, theyre like plastic and weigh close to nothing. You're supposed to toss them after a certain amount of miles. It feels like you're running barefooted.
pimp.gif

I run five times a week, no less than 30 minutes each time, at seven mph.

I'm going to try to mix in an hour run at least once a week from now on. I tried it last week and felt thrashed for the rest of the day.

I wear the Gel-Nimbus 10 Asics.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I wear the Gel-Nimbus 10 Asics.
How are those? I've considered them as one of my top choices. Fit true to size?
I've read some complaints that they're not the best fitting, but honestly, the moment I put them on and walked/jogged with them I knew they were what I wanted. Fit me perfectly and have sweet cushioning.

I highly recommend them.

i try to run about 6-8 miles a week split over 4 days. i'll run 2 miles every other day, and a mile after lifting in between. also with a mile warm up walk.

honestly i used to hate running, but when i started trying to lose weight i made running/jogging part of my routine and havent looked back. the only thing that sucks now is that last year my college gym had an outdoor track. now that i'm at home, i have to run on the treadmills at 24 hr fitness. not a lot of parks with open running tracks.

i wear some reeboks that i picked up at the outlets, theyre ok, but they pinch the insides of my feet (flat footed) and it gets irritated sometimes. i used to run in some old tennis shoes and they actually held up nicely. one day i'll go to an actual running store and get the foot/walk/run analysis thing, ive heard that they can get the perfect running shoe for you by analyzing your feet, stride, and running motion.

I run 4-5 miles every other day (except for when I have my b-ball games). I grew to love running. I hated it at first and really sucked at it...but the more you do it, the more addicting it becomes. It's fun running in 5k's or 10k's, because you may say that you're just going out there for "exercise," but when everyone is out there it becomes a nice competition not only with everyone else...but yourself (trying to top previous times). I'm currently running in Nike Sparq Free 09's....I LOVE them. Lightweight and the most comfortable running/x-training shoe I've ever owned.

I've fallen off in the last month or so but gotta get back on track.

I initially started running to lose weight (fat kid here) but have come to somewhat enjoy it now. I try to average atleast 3 days a week, but the last few weeks I've found myself more and more lazy and just running twice a week. I try to get atleast 2 normal runs in (3 miles) and then 1 longer run in (5+ miles) each week.

I am terrible at self motivation so I have to sign up for races to force the issue. I have yet to crack the full marathon yet, and dont know if I have the motivation to do so. 13.1 is a good distance for me, and I just try to better my race times with each subsequent race.

Currently I am running in some terrible shoes, an old beater pair of Air Bursts. My normal running shoes have gone missing (lunars). I really liked the cushioning and feel of Saucony Grid Sinisters, but my wide flinstone feet were just a bit too snug for em.

I started going outside for 30-minute jogs 3-weeks ago when the weather improved over here. I dont mind it except for one thing...my calves get extremely tight immediately when I start jogging and I've gotten shin splints as a result. I wear custom made orthotics and Brooks Beast (for over-pronators such as myself) but I've come to the conclusion that the shoes suck for me. When I run indoors with other shoes I dont feel any pain but with these shoes my legs are dying for the entire 30-minutes. I ordered some new running shoes from my orthotics provider and hopefully running becomes enjoyable again.

For the dudes that run in Air Max 360s, etc., I suggest you find better running shoes. Yeah, they're stylish and comfortable to walk in but there are much better options out there. I tried running in my pair but I find the cushioning to be OD...to each his own I guess...I hate dudes that can run in chucks without feeling any pain...bas.tards
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

For the dudes that run in Air Max 360s, etc., I suggest you find better running shoes.
That's the only reason I want them, they look cool
laugh.gif
. Thanks for saving me 150+.

Back
Top Bottom