Russell Westbrook signs with Jordan Brand

Just peeped this on a different website. I had no idea they were even discussing such a thing. In fact, I could have sworn that Russell signed to Adidas. Obviously that's not the case.

So how do you guys feel about it? Can Russ sell kicks? Can Russ bring relevancy back to the Jordan signature line? I'm not so sure, being that Russ isn't the star of his own team, but I could be wrong. What you guys think?

Also, here's the press release from Nike/JB

Today, Jordan Brand, a division of NIKE, Inc., announced the signing of Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook. The two-time NBA All-Star has agreed to a multi-year endorsement agreement with the brand.

“We are very excited to welcome Russell to the Jordan family,” said Michael Jordan. “Russell’s style, both on and off the court, combined with his love and dedication to the game make him a perfect fit for the Jordan Brand. We love the drive and passion for basketball that Russell brings.”

Smart move

and with Durantula and his game he'll get a lot of attention.

Russy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hopefully they can cook up some nice shoes

This should be interesting. Hope JB comes correct with a sig shoe or lets him go crazy with retros.

out with the old (d wade) in with the new

hope he gets a respectable sig shoe

Hope he ROCKS, Jordan Aero Flights, Retros and of course the flagship JORDAN 2013, as a test run
pimp.gif
.  Hope he can get his own sig next year
wink.gif

Meh. Don't see JB cook up anything good for him. He'll probably rock Jordans with Hyperfuse in them.

it's a good look for him. dude is a high flyer mixed with a little flair, congrats to homie

TY suspected that Russy signed after he spotted him being courted heavily by JB at the Nike headquarters a few weeks ago.

I could see some 4's and 12's in an okc thunder colorway. Use the french blue 12's as a base and add some orange on places like the jumpman and tag and you got a nice PE.

Jordan needs to sign some new shoe designers.  Start from the ground up.  If the product is hot...slap on any player to endorse....and they'll sell.  IMO

Should be some good PEs, want to see a Thunder XI, XV & XXI

He'll probably rock the Fontay Montana IX out the blocks

OKC is going to be on TV alot this year and in the future due to Durant/Westbrook.  Westbrook should wear nothing but the Air Jordan 2013 if JB wants the Air Jordan to regain its prestige.  He can sprinkle retros every once in awhile but Its been along time since the current flagship Jordan model has been worn by a superstar on display in front of the world...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom