Russell Westbrook signs with Jordan Brand

OKC is going to be on TV alot this year and in the future due to Durant/Westbrook.  Westbrook should wear nothing but the Air Jordan 2013 if JB wants the Air Jordan to regain its prestige.  He can sprinkle retros every once in awhile but Its been along time since the current flagship Jordan model has been worn by a superstar on display in front of the world...

2011 doesn't seem that long ago.

Wade's replacement. Nice! :nthat:

RW should rock 11-14 & 19-23 PE retro j's or AJ 2013.

Last edited:
I'm biased b/c I love the 8's but put him in a pair of blue/orange 8's and his signing would be worth it.

I think Jordan should completely stop all sigs.
For every Team Jay have a blu/orange colorway for Melo, red/whi/blu colorway for chris paul, navy/whi- Jeter, blk.whi- geral wallace (Nets), blk/red- r.i.p. etc.

They kinda did this for the Jordan flight 45 Max, but I think thy should do it across the board.

I would give him a Sig shoe..I would definitely cop as long as its true to OKC colorway like Nike did with him and the hyperfuses and whatnot..I purchased a few of his shoes..

My boy Westbrook...

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

Doing big things.

+1 JB.

This is a shock, I thought he was going to Adidas!
Makes since, D-Wade was a high flyer, Westbrook is a high-flyer and very athletic.
MJ said that he wanted Westbrook and thought he would be a good fit.
The real question is if Westbrook is going to be PE only, or get a signature shoe?
Perhaps the scrapped Fly Wade 3 with some tweaking and new branding as his first sig?
Either that or he could wear the Super Fly. Tom Luedecke confirmed in an interview that a Super Fly 2 in an interview so who knows?
he might be the spokesperson for that.

He has potentials.But needs to learn more.

As regards with him signing to JB, might as well stick to retros. period.

For me it's a two part thing. You have to have a dynamic athlete with a good looking shoe. For years JB has struggled to make a good looking sneaker. So it won't be him, it'll be his designers.

He's not in my top 5 PG but he isn't overrated imo.
He's not overrated one bit. You realize everyone is already hating on Westbrook hardcore and the guy is 23 almost 24. I mean at least give him a few years in the NBA and he'll be top 5 for sure.

As far as JB and Westbrook signing, this makes my day. Was hoping he would either stay with Nike or start with JB. Just hopefully if they are gonna design him a shoe they decide to use better quality then J's these days.

Back
Top Bottom