Russell Westbrook signs with Jordan Brand

To me, Russel Westbrook just reminds me of Allen Iverson. Not that that's a bad thing.

Last edited:
Doubt if he gets a sig shoe right away, If i was him it would be PE Reto's all day. BTW some of yall cats too funny lol^

That mid range jumper MIGHT allow his game to surpass Wade's, but his name and brand never will...the media picks and chooses..

russell-westbrook-jordan-super-fly-03-570x677.jpg

russell-westbrook-jordan-super-fly-01.jpg

I hope he doesn't get a sig either. Lots of retro PE's would be nice. D Wade never had a good sig and even his sigs looked like one of the other Jordan models. Glad he's outta there. Too bad he spent his valuable time at Converse, but then again, Kobe spent a lot of time at Adidas and still went on to have a successful sig shoe with Nike.

First im not going to argue with kids that dont know the game of basketball! An no matter how many dumb ***** motion pics u put up aint gone change my OPINION! Fact is he IS NOT a top 5 PG! No certain order.....Rondo, CP3, D Will, Rose, T. Parker......Who u putting him infront of an why an dont give me no dumb ***** reason!  I said he a SOLID player since when is that hating? He took his team to the finals my ***!!!! In that case so did Boobie Gibson!! Durant... being leading scorer....Harden....6th man of the year...and Ibaka being runner up but really should have won Defensive player of the year had nothing to do with with them going to the finals? He doesnt make the players around him better they make him better! Other teams  allow him to do what he wants because he's a liability he can help an hurt his team ANY given nite! NOW THATS WHY ITS MY OPINION HE IS OVERRATED! If u disagree Chime in with a well thought out answer instead of posting childish pics trying to look COOL and be the biggest CLOWN on NIKETALK! THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD WERE PEOPLE SHARE THOUGHTS FACTS AND OPINIONS AS THEY PLEASE!

Alright, experts and analysts ranks Westbrook in the top 5 PG. Now these are mostly opinions as well but of expert and analyst who live and breath sports and most of them base it off stats as well, which are considered facts.

In fantasy BBall, where stats matter most, he is #2 PG based on ESPN.
http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/projections?display=alt&slotCategoryId=0
30kf47q.jpg

Hoopsworld has his ranked 3rd off of all the guards in the league for fantasy BBall purposes so again, it is based on stats (facts).
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-13-fantasy-hoops-cheat-sheet-top-50-guards/
2euhnb7.jpg

CBSSports also has Westbrook ranked 2nd in the PG department.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings
2qvty77.jpg

Bleacher Report has Westbrook ranked #2 in PG as well:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1302738-nba-power-rankings-top-5-point-guards-in-2012-2013/page/6

Russell Westbrook is the youngest point guard on this list, yet I still consider him to be an elite point guard who is often underrated because of the fact that he plays alongside superstar Kevin Durant. Would Westbrook be a superstar if he had his own team? I think he would and that’s why he’s No. 2 on the list.

With a PER of 23.00 and a 13.9 estimated wins added, Westbrook is certainly a deserving candidate to be the second best PG in the league this season.

Westbrook led all PGs last year in scoring and was second—behind Rajon Rondo—in rebounding, with 23.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game to go along with 5.5 assists and 1.7 steals—the third most among PGs.

The young core of Westbrook, Durant, Harden and Ibaka will look to bring a title to OKC this year, but it won’t be easy as they’ll have to go through the newly formed big four of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Now no disrespect for your opinions but I think that makes Westbrook top 5 PG in the league today. Now if you notice, Rose isn't listed in any of those rankings and that is due to his injury but I will admit, he'd go before Westbrook as either #1 or #2, a battle between him and CP3 but considering Westbrook ranked 2nd or 3rd, even being bumped by one rank down, he'd still be top 5.

If I were starting a franchise today and have to pick a PG, I'd easily pick Westbrook over Parker on age alone. I'd pick him over Rondo too because Westbrook can actually score and make free throws. Rondo is a great pass first PG but his lack of scoring is his downside while Westbrook can score practically wherever he wants, behind the arc, on the line, in the paint, etc... And Westbrook hasn't missed any games in his career, he's been pretty reliant unlike CP3, DWill and Rose who have been sidelined for long periods of time due to injuries. Not saying that is a main factor in picking Russell as top 5 or for a franchise but it is worth to consider.

There are only so many PE's that would look good in blue and orange. Stick to the 2012/2013 for a bit.

First im not going to argue with kids that dont know the game of basketball! An no matter how many dumb ***** motion pics u put up aint gone change my OPINION! Fact is he IS NOT a top 5 PG! No certain order.....Rondo, CP3, D Will, Rose, T. Parker......Who u putting him infront of an why an dont give me no dumb ***** reason!  I said he a SOLID player since when is that hating? He took his team to the finals my ***!!!! In that case so did Boobie Gibson!! Durant... being leading scorer....Harden....6th man of the year...and Ibaka being runner up but really should have won Defensive player of the year had nothing to do with with them going to the finals? He doesnt make the players around him better they make him better! Other teams  allow him to do what he wants because he's a liability he can help an hurt his team ANY given nite! NOW THATS WHY ITS MY OPINION HE IS OVERRATED! If u disagree Chime in with a well thought out answer instead of posting childish pics trying to look COOL and be the biggest CLOWN on NIKETALK! THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD WERE PEOPLE SHARE THOUGHTS FACTS AND OPINIONS AS THEY PLEASE!

Now no disrespect for your opinions but I think that makes Westbrook top 5 PG in the league today. Now if you notice, Rose isn't listed in any of those rankings and that is due to his injury but I will admit, he'd go before Westbrook as either #1 or #2, a battle between him and CP3 but considering Westbrook ranked 2nd or 3rd, even being bumped by one rank down, he'd still be top 5.

If I were starting a franchise today and have to pick a PG, I'd easily pick Westbrook over Parker on age alone. I'd pick him over Rondo too because Westbrook can actually score and make free throws. Rondo is a great pass first PG but his lack of scoring is his downside while Westbrook can score practically wherever he wants, behind the arc, on the line, in the paint, etc... And Westbrook hasn't missed any games in his career, he's been pretty reliant unlike CP3, DWill and Rose who have been sidelined for long periods of time due to injuries. Not saying that is a main factor in picking Russell as top 5 or for a franchise but it is worth to consider.

ahem

BANG BANG!

Last edited:
He is not a point guard he is a combo guard.

He has to play the PG because no one else can start for them and play it? Seriously Eric Maynor? 

Boobie Gibson didn't score 30+ a game while having to play defense

Expert rank Westbrook as top 5 PG. GM are going to be line up to get him when he's a free agent

By the way the game has changed Today players can do many things on the court. There are more players who can create their own shots on the perimeter

Last edited:
Westbrook isn't overrated but he is a 2 guard forced to play the 1. He's extremely erratic/reckless and his shot selection is questionable. He often has porous shooting nights, yet he still chooses not to defer. He's not a very good playmaker (which is why I still think OKC will regret the trade as Harden was arguably their best playmaker. Between him and Maynor) but he has shown improvements. Despite the negatives, Westbrook is crucial to OKC's success. He is the only the player on OKC that can slash and attack the basket at will. It's obvious OKC relies on jump shooting so when those shots aren't falling, Westbrook can get into the paint and get them an easy bucket. IMO, Westbrook is a prime Steve Francis with slightly better PG skills. Scott Brooks has done a good transitioning him into basically a 2 guard (he played 2 mostly at UCLA IIRC) into an average playmaker. Anyway, he's easily a top 5 PG. Good pickup for Jordan Brand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom