Russia: "Gays will be subject to arrest at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi"

Disgusting
mean.gif

I know Alexy Shved's brother (Timberwolves player) and yeah they aren't very tolerant over there. That's all I'll say.

Highest paid soccer player in the world is African and plays in Russia.  

Trolling the whole country.

My friend in Russia says it ain't no joke.

Extremist groups are attacking African students, harassing or outright attacking interracial couples (not entirely uncommon though still kinda rare), beating homosexuals whether proven or suspected, harassing ethnic and religious minorities (Tatars, Chechens, Muslims, Jews), and in general just making life hell for those who don't fit the Russian mold: Pale white/Ethnically russian, Russian Orthodox Christian, straight.

:lol:

Are these Russians hating gays on a religious tip or are they that disgusted with them that they're going this far with it now? I mean arrested for being gay if you go to your country's Olympics? They probably even got a list.

This is just wild. If the rest of the world keeps letting **** like this slide and only talking down on it instead of doing something I wouldn't be surprised if we get some sort of Warsaw ghetto/Gitmo/Japanese interment camps situation going on for homosexuals behind that iron curtain.

I mean Putin a badass and all but I aint think he'd go full on anti-gay on this, especially now.

Oh and after seeing the vids, pics and reading a few articles that describe certain altercations I can safely say the gay rights movement in Russia is right up there with the civil rights movement in America circa 1940s and on for black ppl.

Last edited:

Are these Russians hating gays on a religious tip or are they that disgusted with them that they're going this far with it now? I mean arrested for being gay if you go to your country's Olympics? They probably even got a list.

This is just wild. If the rest of the world keeps letting **** like this slide and only talking down on it instead of doing something I wouldn't be surprised if we get some sort of Warsaw ghetto/Gitmo/Japanese interment camps situation going on for homosexuals behind that iron curtain.

I mean Putin a badass and all but I aint think he'd go full on anti-gay on this, especially now.

Oh and after seeing the vids, pics and reading a few articles that describe certain altercations I can safely say the gay rights movement in Russia is right up there with the civil rights movement in America circa 1940s and on for black ppl.

Putin aint got nothing to do with this. The overwhelming mentality of Russians is anti-homosexual largely due to the fact that Russia has a graying population that holds on to old-school traditional values. Russia has only been "open" to the world for 20 years and you want all the voting seniors to simply embrace this western liberal ideology? Let the generational shift take its course and the mentality will gradually change over time.

Putin aint got nothing to do with this. The overwhelming mentality of Russians is anti-homosexual largely due to the fact that Russia has a graying population that holds on to old-school traditional values. Russia has only been "open" to the world for 20 years and you want all the voting seniors to simply embrace this western liberal ideology? Let the generational shift take its course and the mentality will gradually change over time.
There's generational shift and then there's the things I've seen and read that are currently going on. I know you gotta account for Russia being hardcore, so despite what ppl might naively think about our modern times, they have to be dashed aside and basically x10 this situation on the violence scale. Regardless, it's Putin's country and he's basically enforcing this or letting w/e part of gov't legislate against gay ppl and letting anti-gay sentiments be enforced.

Telling the gay citizens of Russia don't come to the Olympics isn't letting the generational shift happen. It's actually keeping it from happening.

Also change isn't something that naturally happens anyway so I don't know why you think it can be something that ppl "let" gradually occur in a society. That's not how that kind of change works.

Last edited:

There's generational shift and then there's the things I've seen and read that are currently going on. I know you gotta account for Russia being hardcore, so despite what ppl might naively think about our modern times, they have to be dashed aside and basically x10 this situation on the violence scale. Regardless, it's Putin's country and he's basically enforcing this or letting w/e part of gov't legislate against gay ppl and letting anti-gay sentiments be enforced.

Telling the gay citizens of Russia don't come to the Olympics isn't letting the generational shift happen. It's actually keeping it from happening.

Also change isn't something that naturally happens anyway so I don't know why you think it can be something that ppl "let" gradually occur in a society. That's not how that kind of change works.

we're in the information age famb. wait for it.....

Russian 'anti-gay propaganda law' won't be enforced at Sochi 2014 Olympics

Last edited:

and in general just making life hell for those who don't fit the Russian mold: Pale white/Ethnically russian, Russian Orthodox Christian, straight.
Russians are huge self haters. many try to claim Scandinavian ancestry which clearly isnt the case and they hate other Slavic ethnic groups in and outside of their borders.

they just hate everyone.

and in general just making life hell for those who don't fit the Russian mold: Pale white/Ethnically russian, Russian Orthodox Christian, straight.

Russians are huge self haters. many try to claim Scandinavian ancestry which clearly isnt the case and they hate other Slavic ethnic groups in and outside of their borders.

they just hate everyone.

Why when it comes to gays and feminism the term self-hate always comes up? srs

they just hate everyone.

russians have both nordic and slavic roots tho. we can also say the same sweeping generalization about american WASPs...what's your point?

russians have both nordic and slavic roots tho. we can also say the same sweeping generalization about american WASPs...what's your point?
the vast majority of Russians are Slavic tho but ones that clearly do not still try to claim...

they are a delusional, self hating bunch...Russians will even hate other Russians...its the nature of the country...thats my point

Last edited:
the vast majority of Russians are Slavic tho but ones that clearly do not still try to claim...

they are a delusional, self hating bunch...Russians will even hate other Russians...its the nature of the country...thats my point
Not entirely correct.

There is Russian the nationality which includes all it's ethnic groups from all the mini republics residing within Russia.

Then there is Russian the ethnicity which is composed of well..Ethnic Russians and are a member of the Easter Slav group descendent from Kievan Rus who are a subgroup of the larger Slavic group.  Ethnic Russians are the ones harassing everyone.  

Not entirely correct.

There is Russian the nationality which includes all it's ethnic groups from all the mini republics residing within Russia.

Then there is Russian the ethnicity which is composed of well..Ethnic Russians and are a member of the Easter Slav group descendent from Kievan Rus who are a subgroup of the larger Slavic group.  Ethnic Russians are the ones harassing everyone.  
When i say Russians, i meant Russians...of course i know its ethnic Russians harassing/hating everyone

most of the republics dont consider themselves Russian, they go by their republic names (Chechens, Dagenstanis, Tartars, etc).

you would never hear someone from Dagestan or Chechnya refer to themselves as Russian

Last edited:

we're in the information age famb. wait for it.....

Russian 'anti-gay propaganda law' won't be enforced at Sochi 2014 Olympics
It not being enforced doesn't change their intent which was made public so not much of what I said has changed. Only thing different now is that one of the Russian dudes in charge was smart enough to not make this a hot topic at the Olympics and an issue that other countries could contest.

At the same time you guys have to realize this was a politician making a claim that the rest of the officials denied. It's like a random congressmen here making an incorrect statement and the rest of the world running with it.

Back
Top Bottom